Steve@CJPP

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT Prem PP
[ame]

Today we are installing Airaid's MXP Series cold air intake kit with a blue SynthaMax filter on our 2015 EcoBoost Mustang. We have had a lot of success with Airaid's cold air intakes on some of our previous Mustangs and couldn't wait to try one on our EcoBoost project car.

The new intake features a specially designed one-piece rotomolded intake box that draws cool outside air from the factory air duct location while having a unique shape that will promote airflow around the entire surface of the SynthaMax filter to help feed your turbo properly. The new air box design also utilizes a lid with a Plexiglass window that will add to your underhood styling while keeping the filter isolated from hot engine compartment air and will allow you to keep tabs on filter condition.

Installation is pretty straight forward, but it was a little tight around the turbo area. Airaid's cold air intake can be installed in about an hour with only a few basic hand tools. Once installed the system looks great, the plexiglass cover gives a nice custom look under the hood and you can really hear the turbo spooling up. The best part, once installed, your 2015 EcoBoost will not require a tune.

For more information on this kit check this LINK
Sponsored

Last edited:

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Thanks for posting this! This is probably the one I will look at when I get mine. No tune req'd is a bonus.