12/15 Build Date

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
That's really cool. The next step is to find a dealer who will allow you to go pick it up from the plant, but I am guessing Ford will have something to say about that :rant:. A seven hour road trip sure beats two and a half weeks of waiting for trains/trucks.
If you buy a BMW manufactured in Germany you can go to BMW Weld plant. Get a tour of the plant floor, take delivery of your car then drive it all over Europe. When you go back to the states, you take it back to BMW Weld and they ship it to the states for you!
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you buy a BMW manufactured in Germany you can go to BMW Weld plant. Get a tour of the plant floor, take delivery of your car then drive it all over Europe. When you go back to the states, you take it back to BMW Weld and they ship it to the states for you!

Yeah, that's their European delivery program. I know someone who went through it and had a very positive experience. It's a great way to save a good amount of money on the car and take a European vacation. The savings on the car basically pay for most of the vacation. When you are done, you actually drive the car to the point from which it is shipped by BMW's designated shipping company. I think they have about a dozen drop-off locations throughout Europe for convenience. If you are gonna buy a new BMW, that's the way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Picked her up this morning. Her name is Lucile. Got her home and clay bared all the rail grim off and gave her a coat of wax.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My Edd was at 1/5 then went to 1/8 and now it's at 1/12. Sucks but what can I do..

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
So as of Saturday Night/Early Sunday Morning (2:45 AM) my car had just left Bessemer, Alabama. I have been calling CSX every couple of hours and that is the last status. So either it has been traveling for 29 hours without stopping anywhere, in which case it likely skipped New Orleans or it is now on a different rail system and can't be tracked via CSX number or it is just sitting on the track somewhere between there and here. My EDD is still at 1/19.

Sponsored

JPMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
After COTUS Sunday morning update mine went from 1/12 (7days left) to 1/16 (10days left) :(

SC_Sport_Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge; 2015 GT PP, 06 F350 Dually
Hey, at least you are getting updates to COTUS. Mine hasn't changed since
I received my VIN on 12/4.

nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium PP
Called my dealer today (he's probably thoroughly annoyed by me by now) and he called the transport company - car will probably be in sometime tomorrow, after spending a week and a half at a rail yard 20 minutes from my house. In my work parking lot I won't be the first S550, but I will be the first V8 and first PP.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Called my dealer today (he's probably thoroughly annoyed by me by now) and he called the transport company - car will probably be in sometime tomorrow, after spending a week and a half at a rail yard 20 minutes from my house. In my work parking lot I won't be the first S550, but I will be the first V8 and first PP.
I hear you. Tomorrow will be a week since my car has been sitting at a rail yard 30 miles away from the dealer.:frusty: My EDD is 1/7 as well.

r123070

r123070
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP / 11 V6
Just had my dealer call and tell me that the car hasn't made it from the rail yard (since 12/31) REALLY! He hopes it doesn't come tomorrow because he is out and would only get 1/2 the commission. My thought immediately was; "What have you done to warrant half the commission let alone full!" Ive been tracking the car and getting all the information from "FordServices". If anyone should get commission it should be Rachel. Freakin tired!

Sponsored

ArkansasUte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
In waiting: 2015 Mustang GT, PP, Magnetic, Redline
I'm still "In Production"! Blend date of 12/15. Ordered late July. Apparently, I'm held up at some point of the build process. I was really expecting that my car would be on the move shortly after the holiday break. Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm tempted to just say HELL with it all and not take delivery.

r123070

r123070
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP / 11 V6
Word for word...no lie! This is the same guy that told me when i was looking for information, "Why don't you ask your friend @ Ford to get you the rail number." Again, tell me why you deserve even 1/2 the commission!

Acer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Mustang
I'm still "In Production"! Blend date of 12/15. Ordered late July. Apparently, I'm held up at some point of the build process. I was really expecting that my car would be on the move shortly after the holiday break. Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm tempted to just say HELL with it all and not take delivery.
I feel the same. Mine has been in transit since 12-19 and I am only 2.5 hrs from the plant. My EDD was 12-28. No body can tell me what the hold up is or when to expect it. I'm fed up and winter is here with the first big snow storm of the year, at this point I should just walk away and wait until the weather is nice.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ford should really give an option to take delivery of special orders at the plant and throw in a tour/museum visit. One way ticket plus a couple of tanks of gas and a nice break-in drive home sure beats $825 D&D charge and weeks of waiting and uncertainty.
Sponsored