Sponsored

After a thousand miles....

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
....what a nice car to drive. This Mustang is the most connected, most refined Mustang to date.

And I have owned at the very least 10 Mustangs consisting of GTs and Shelbys. As well as no less than 6 Corvettes.

After the drive home all I can say is I truly enjoyed the commute. Keep in mind my DD is a new F-250 Lariat with all the bells and whistles that more resembles my living room more than a truck.

Very comfortable cabin. The premium seats are the best. Perfect placement of the center console and shifter. Wish my left leg was longer but the clutch is a "10".

Switched the exhaust to Ford Racing exhaust so it sounds 'bad to the bone' but not overwhelming. Other than that that more performance than I need.

The audio system is nice. Could it be nicer? No doubt. Could the car cost more for a better audio system? No doubt. But most aren't that audio critical. BTW the sound system in the best Vette with Bose, blows! The Shaker blows the Bose away.

You guys waiting, you will be surprised. Ignore the whiners and nay-sayers. This new Mustang is the absolute best yet!:ford:

Nice job Ford. Keep it up!
Sponsored

StevieBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fast and Modified
Great to hear how impressed you are with the S550, especially considering the cars you've owned. Which Ford Racing exhaust did you go with, Touring or Sport?

-Steven

EleanorsBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Awesome!
I'm one of those guys waiting - 3 days remaining until my EDD!

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
....what a nice car to drive. This Mustang is the most connected, most refined Mustang to date.

And I have owned at the very least 10 Mustangs consisting of GTs and Shelbys. As well as no less than 6 Corvettes.

After the drive home all I can say is I truly enjoyed the commute. Keep in mind my DD is a new F-250 Lariat with all the bells and whistles that more resembles my living room more than a truck.

Very comfortable cabin. The premium seats are the best. Perfect placement of the center console and shifter. Wish my left leg was longer but the clutch is a "10".

Switched the exhaust to Ford Racing exhaust so it sounds 'bad to the bone' but not overwhelming. Other than that that more performance than I need.

The audio system is nice. Could it be nicer? No doubt. Could the car cost more for a better audio system? No doubt. But most aren't that audio critical. BTW the sound system in the best Vette with Bose, blows! The Shaker blows the Bose away.

You guys waiting, you will be surprised. Ignore the whiners and nay-sayers. This new Mustang is the absolute best yet!:ford:

Nice job Ford. Keep it up!

I'm only 200 miles in but couldn't agree more. This car is great in many ways.

Jaxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
This car is awesome! All my co-workers are super impressed on how the car looks inside and out. The ride is super comfy and the seats are both comfortable and supportive. It feels like a luxury car inside with the grunt of a killer beast. Love it!

Sponsored

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
I've driven five of them so far for PDI's and I agree, connected and refined.
It's amazing how buttery smooth the GT is for how much power it has.

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Is it me or does this car sound better as it breaks in? I'll be at 800 miles tomorrow and it seems to sounds better after a few hundred miles.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Is it me or does this car sound better as it breaks in? I'll be at 800 miles tomorrow and it seems to sounds better after a few hundred miles.
I'm definitely changing my exhaust but I honestly don't think it sounds all that bad in its stock form. The way everyone made it sound on the forums, I was expecting dead silence with no character.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Let me ask you something, when you hit 1000mi did you notice a big bump in fuel economy? I am on tank 4 and I am not doing anything different and my fuel economy took a nice spike

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear how impressed you are with the S550, especially considering the cars you've owned. Which Ford Racing exhaust did you go with, Touring or Sport?

-Steven
Sport.

Sponsored
OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me ask you something, when you hit 1000mi did you notice a big bump in fuel economy? I am on tank 4 and I am not doing anything different and my fuel economy took a nice spike
Honestly I have not been keeping track.

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I'm at just under 800 miles and I'm at 17.2 MPG (on the computer) for the 4th tank. I got 13.5 on the first 2 and 16.3 on the third. No interstate driving just state roads and one 2 miles bridge in Florida.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Showing 17.2 as well. A little over 1200 miles right now.

I'm not sure about the motor sounding better but the car certainly smells better. The first few drives the car had a strong odor...combination of engine and leather.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I'm at just under 800 miles and I'm at 17.2 MPG (on the computer) for the 4th tank. I got 13.5 on the first 2 and 16.3 on the third. No interstate driving just state roads and one 2 miles bridge in Florida.
roughly the same driving habits and commute on all tanks?

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
The first 2 tanks were more stop and go as I was showing the car off all over the county. The third and 4th were more driving to and from work and I also learned how to shift more efficiently.
Sponsored