More First Impressions

AllMightyWez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP - Triple Yellow

Picked up my triple yellow 2015 Mustang GT Premium with a PP pack last week!

My first impressions. Many good first impressions, only a few things to point out to look out for or be improved aftermarket.

• Handling is exceptional on the road. The car is tight on turns, handles predictably. This car begs to be pushed! New drivers to performance cars will need to adjust to this or will collect tickets fast.
  • Coyote engine performs like a dream. I haven't figured out the peak RPM level for power yet. Has anyone figured this out?
  • Grip - with the 435 standard horsepower, it can be tricky to get off to a good start, avoiding wheel spin, and hops. It's winter and the stock summer tires don't help much here unless they have been well warmed up. If you are going to take this out on the track, stickier or wider tires are on your wish list. It will only get trickier as you add more ponies with the mods for track enthusiasts.
  • Rear Camera - very nice feature. There is even a zoom setting where you get a sharp down angle on the rear bumper. Im still getting used to getting a feel for the front nose in parking.
  • Front Nose - I'm not sure anyone has pointed this out, but the 2015 model open grill lines up with the lower bumper unlike the 2014 model where the bumber leads out by a few inches. What this means is for you NYC parkers out there that play bump a park ... this is a real no no with the 2015.
  • Interior Quality - leather and aluminum through out most of the interior is nice. This is a quality interior. You'll find some hard plastics on the top of the interior of the doors. The attention to detail is outstanding, especially the pony projection at night coming from the side mirrors. The LED color customization is also a nice touch.
  • Manual Box - Very smooth shifting. The gear ratio is tight with the PP package. Be prepared to work through the gears quickly. The hill assist is nice for parking garages and if you live in SF. LOL.
  • Rear Seat - I have had a few 5'10" people in there and their heads are not touching the glass. Not comfy for a long trip with tall people but its not as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Head turning Quotient - very nice! People are pointing everywhere I stop. I had a police officer on a motorcycle slow down next to me and gave me a thumbs up. This of course is good and bad. You will get noticed by people including the police. :-)
  • Exhaust - the stock exhaust is pretty nice. Its a bit louder than I thought it would be after listening to the you tube clips. It has a deep low growl that is feint on idle and comes on with the RPMs. I prefer a slightly louder exhaust but was surprised at how good it was for stock.

So to sum it all up. I am a very happy owner!
Sponsored

slcoddity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Congrats!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Regarding when to shift for max performance...On the Coyote it's basically at redline, or as high as you can otherwise go.

On the EB it looks to be maybe 5500 RPM.

V6 looks to be at redline as well.

Not sure if that is what you were asking.

-T

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
[*] Front Nose - I'm not sure anyone has pointed this out, but the 2015 model open grill lines up with the lower bumper unlike the 2014 model where the bumber leads out by a few inches. What this means is for you NYC parkers out there that play bump a park ... this is a real no no with the 2015.
I've noticed this in pictures... Need to get a BumpShox for the exact reason.

OP
OP
AllMightyWez

AllMightyWez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
Regarding when to shift for max performance...On the Coyote it's basically at redline, or as high as you can otherwise go.

On the EB it looks to be maybe 5500 RPM.

V6 looks to be at redline as well.

Not sure if that is what you were asking.

-T
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

OP
OP
AllMightyWez

AllMightyWez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
I've noticed this in pictures... Need to get a BumpShox for the exact reason.

Ya I've been looking at those. Thanks. Another thing I might look into later on is a front sensor aftermarket add on.
Sponsored