• Steeda Aerodynamic Rear Wing
• HRE Classic Series 303 wheels
• Nitto INVO High Performance Tires

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
The orange car looks like someone put a zl1 hood insert in it.

Ok. I've been looking at all these cars from sema and designs from before and, I'm sorry, but I detest the direction the aftermarket is taking on these cars. Everything looks tacked on, sticky taped and vinyl stickered in place and randomly drawn on body crease lines. It screams boy racer and not muscle. Maybe that's the target audience? If so, then they have succeeded.

That said, maybe, in my eyes, ford hit a home run with this design. Other than the wheels from the factory (none wow me, the 50th wheels are decent, 50th AP wheels not so much), and just a tiny touch too high, there's not much that needs to be done.

I realize companies need to sell product and mods, and I definitely know this is my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. Maybe I'm just getting old.

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
The variable muffler is pretty clever. I might have to check that out later.

I really did not expect a Foose car to look like that. I had to doublecheck the name on the wheel.

Sponsored

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
The orange car looks like someone put a zl1 hood insert in it.

Ok. I've been looking at all these cars from sema and designs from before and, I'm sorry, but I detest the direction the aftermarket is taking on these cars. Everything looks tacked on, sticky taped and vinyl stickered in place and randomly drawn on body crease lines. It screams boy racer and not muscle. Maybe that's the target audience? If so, then they have succeeded.

That said, maybe, in my eyes, ford hit a home run with this design. Other than the wheels from the factory (none wow me, the 50th wheels are decent, 50th AP wheels not so much), and just a tiny touch too high, there's not much that needs to be done.

I realize companies need to sell product and mods, and I definitely know this is my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Agree, especially with the "tacked-on" comment. What a boatload of butt ugly bodywork! I think it speaks to how well the S550 designers did their jobs that not one of the aftermarket show cars is an improvement on the stock 2015 Mustang. To the contrary, they all uglify the original, IMO.

The actual go-fast parts are cool, though.

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
The Borla car with the white Pirelli/Pzero lettering on the tires, I love that look! Reminds me of old school muscle cars.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
The Foose car, the Gibson car and the Roush cars are the only ones I liked

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
We finally have a modern Mustang and the entire aftermarket goes retro in it?!?!

Entire aftermarket goes retro? If you mean retro to tacked on wings and crap then yeah. There isn't much retro around. It's all new ideas, unfortunately, they suck. This body style doesn't need much any anything I've seen yet, like someone else stated, is worse than original.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Waiting to hear more on some of the Steeda offerings…the Q650 looks good in the email I received yesterday.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm loving the stance of these cars lowered w/ 20s.

There wasn't a single one I didn't like. They all were unique and looked great! The only part I wasn't sure about was the "Roof Spoiler" on the Cortex car.

Definitely interested in Cortex , White line and that body colored trunk on the Gibson car.

Again, great looking cars!

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
Agree, especially with the "tacked-on" comment. What a boatload of butt ugly bodywork! I think it speaks to how well the S550 designers did their jobs that not one of the aftermarket show cars is an improvement on the stock 2015 Mustang. To the contrary, they all uglify the original, IMO.

The actual go-fast parts are cool, though.
100% agree, shocking how ugly some of the stuff is. Good job Ford on the stock car ;)

HrsePwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE #735
I'm loving the stance of these cars lowered w/ 20s.

There wasn't a single one I didn't like. They all were unique and looked great! The only part I wasn't sure about was the "Roof Spoiler" on the Cortex car.

Definitely interested in Cortex , White line and that body colored trunk on the Gibson car.

Again, great looking cars!
HA! That roof spoiler was the only thing i saw that i was like "I might do that".

Foose really let me down. maybe it's all tacked on/sticky tape stuff because they got the cars too late to do a proper design? just a guess. there's got to be some reason they all fail to wow...
Sponsored