Sponsored

Boost Works Supercharged 2015 Mustang GT Makes 655whp/533wtq!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After 3 grueling weeks, the team at Boost Works is proud to announce that we have the world's first tuned, twin screw powered 2015 Mustang GT!

[ame]

The car laid down a very healthy 653whp/533wtq at 12.5psi, at 17 degrees and .80 Lambda. We have logged over 30 dyno pulls, and around 100 miles of street tuning for drive-ability. It has been a challenge to say the least, but our team pulled through and got the job done. We've learned a lot about this new platform in the process, and we feel as though we have a firm grasp on the S550.

We did end up switching back to the stock throttle body, as the tuning software (both SCT and HP Tuners) lacks the proper tables to log and manipulate the parameters necessary to get the car running properly with a larger throttle body. So, even breathing through the tiny stock TB, we were able to pull out some very nice numbers.

For now, we will offer 2.8 liter kits, with 3.6 liter kits being optional for those who are looking for bigger power in the future. For now, both will be tuned on the stock TB. We will have a 2.8 liter car on the dyno when we get back from SEMA. We expect around 600whp on 93 octane as well. These Mammoth setups have so much potential! And, while we couldn't scrounge up any mammoth tusks, we did find something somewhat fitting.. :)

Thanks for sticking around for this build.. It's been fun! The car will hit the track soon on slicks to see what we can get out of it as it sits. Stay tuned! If you're interested in ordering a kit and/or having it installed and tuned, you can reach us at www.boostworks.com .
Sponsored

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
The numbers seem very good. How do these numbers compare to the 11-14 5.0? Are you seeing improvements or struggling to repeat what the older 5.0 could do. I'm asking because 200 rwhp from a bolt on supercharger seems awesome, but this is my first mustang since the pushrod 5.0 and 200 rwhp gain was not happening from simply adding a supercharger.

Thanks for the efforts and I look forward to how reliable this setup is as I'm wanting to do this with my soon to come in mustang.

96Mustang460cid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT w/ PP
Congratulations!

I'm guessing you hit these numbers with pump gas, right? Are the '15 Mustangs setup for E85 also? If so, do you intend to see what you can attain with E85?

Have a good day!
Michael

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The numbers seem very good. How do these numbers compare to the 11-14 5.0? Are you seeing improvements or struggling to repeat what the older 5.0 could do. I'm asking because 200 rwhp from a bolt on supercharger seems awesome, but this is my first mustang since the pushrod 5.0 and 200 rwhp gain was not happening from simply adding a supercharger.

Thanks for the efforts and I look forward to how reliable this setup is as I'm wanting to do this with my soon to come in mustang.
It is a lot more than 200 RWHP. Figure the average stock '15GT is laying down 385 RWHP with a manual. This equates to a 270RWHP increase:D

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Nice numbers. Tuned and pulley swap GT500 power levels easy....Well the 13/14 ones. 650+ WHP is more than enough to put quite a few cars in their place and run Great times at the track.

The 15's are going to follow right along and put it down as well ! All that plus refinement !

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
What mods besides the blower? How many psi? Any fuel system upgrades? What was injector duty cycle at this level?

Pabo

Good numbers. In for the track results.

Also please figure out how to mount the horns to the hood, i love it! :p

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Sounds wicked!

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Worlds First...Nope!

Nope! Not the worlds first 2015 Mustang S550 Supercharged with Tune. Sorry!

That title belongs to FRPP/Roush. They already did it with 600+ HP.

So I,m just going to go ahead and say it...even though I'm confident it will piss a lot of you guy's off. Putting on the BIG Mammoth intake, having to remove the firewall brace to do it was a BIG waste of time. Sometimes bigger isn't always better. Sure it looks cool...but what was really gained? From what I've seen...
Not much!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

So I,m just going to go ahead and say it...even though I'm confident it will piss a lot of you guy's off. Putting on the BIG Mammoth intake, having to remove the firewall brace to do it was a BIG waste of time. Sometimes bigger isn't always better. Sure it looks cool...but what was really gained? From what I've seen...
Not much!
Jeeze...guess this really rubbed you the wrong way, huh?

I don't think the FRPP cars were production cars...of course they would be the first with have pre-production cars.

How many 03-04 cobras do you see with these braces?????? Lot of hate...tisk tisk.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hmm any reason you didn't use 93 fuel to begin with?
Well, with the 3.6 and the 168mm tb, we planned on making 700+.. It would have been foolish to try to tune a brand new engine, with new strategy at that power level on 93. However, when we changed the tb back to stock, the boost dropped to 12.5 or so.. Which really didn't require C16. Honestly, at 17 degrees, there's more power in pump than on C16.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hard to piss me off right now.. We just finished building a pretty awesome car. Where's yours? ;)

If you want to call a pre-production Mustang that Ford built the "first", then that's fine. We'll settle for being second. However, we are the first aftermarket shop to build one. We didn't have Ford engineers in our pocket. We designed, built, and tuned a brand new Mustang that makes nearly 800hp and has the capability to make over 1000. I'm not sure what planet you're from, but we think that's pretty damn cool. I fail to see how you could remotely hate on it.. But, this IS the internet, and it takes all types I suppose. Sorry to disappoint you.. We're pretty happy. Lol

We removed an optional brace that base model GT's don't come with. I fail to see how that's even remotely an issue. Certainly, the guy who is trying to road race or auto x isn't going to want a 3.6 liter twin screw.

But, it's all good man.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We'll just be out here setting records like we always do. Take care..

Not much!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.