Sponsored

My first mustang!

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Traded in my 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/tech package 11,200mi and got 19,100 on trade in. I love the car! Ask me anything you want about the car. I will post my first initial thoughts and review below.

2015 Black base GT w/ 3.55 gears as only options. Currently Ford is offering 3k in rebates, in my area yours may be more or less, on the 2014 models. I ended up using X plan pricing on the 15 which took about 3k off the car. After driving the 14 and 15 back to back, it was a no brainer. With X plan on the 15 and rebates on the 14 the pricing between the two is roughly 3k and its well worth it. The interior is years ahead of the 15, it is a huge step up HUGE. The 15 comes standard with push button start, proximity entry, rear view camera, power seats, IRS, track apps, HIDs, nicer looking wheels, and other things that I cant think of. The shifting in the 14 to me feels better and not as notchy, you kind of have to put the car in gear where as with the 15 it seems to help you put the car in gear by helping you pull the shifter into the next up shift. It isnt a bad thing, just something I am not used to. The steering wheel controls are laid out better and have a better overall feel to them and seem more tactical feedback with each push to insure you that you have pressed the button. There is leg room up front for days, much more than the MS3, and as you all may already know the back seat is worthless unless its for a younger person, I dont see any grown man sitting back there for any length of time. Viability is vastly improved over the 14, the car feels smaller and easier to maneuver. MPG seem to be impressive for a 435hp car. My trip home was about 45-50min, I hit some minor congestion on the highway with stop and go for about 15-20min other than that I was shifting between 5th and 6th gear with a few 4th gear pulls and some aggressive launches at lights and the computer gave me an average of 27.3mpg, so who knows how accurate that is. As for the power and torque of the car I think my MS3 with custom tune, intake, exhaust and fuel pump would be able to keep up with it if not beat it by a hair.

As far as dislikes.....So far these are pretty minor and I am very very picky with thing and am sure to find some more as I go along. But first few things I noticed are the seats, I cant stand power seats as it takes me some time to find that sweet spot with all the adjustments it has to offer (6) they do however offer great support. The center stack seems to be too far away and is a stretch to reach the controls, I am 6'2 and have fairly long arms and some buttons are a bit of a stretch and I dont have the seat all the way back. Checking the driver side blind spot area could be an issue as its kinda hard to see, but that could be my seat positioning. The center console latch to open and close is a pain in the butt. Even with my seat back pretty far it still makes opening and closing kind of hard because of how you have to position your arm. The cup holders with my galaxy S5 in one interferes with shifting a bit. As far as how the car handles and drives I havent really tested that as I got home pretty late and it has been parked until I get insurance figured out on it, which by the way I was quoted 731/year on it with my MS3 being 980/year....not to bad for a 28yro male. The ride home was pretty smooth I did hit a small pot hole with the rear tire and felt the IRS working which was nice.
Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Traded in my 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/tech package 11,200mi and got 19,100 on trade in. I love the car! Ask me anything you want about the car. I will post my first initial thoughts and review below.

2015 Black base GT w/ 3.55 gears as only options. Currently Ford is offering 3k in rebates, in my area yours may be more or less, on the 2014 models. I ended up using X plan pricing on the 15 which took about 3k off the car. After driving the 14 and 15 back to back, it was a no brainer. With X plan on the 15 and rebates on the 14 the pricing between the two is roughly 3k and its well worth it. The interior is years ahead of the 15, it is a huge step up HUGE. The 15 comes standard with push button start, proximity entry, rear view camera, power seats, IRS, track apps, HIDs, nicer looking wheels, and other things that I cant think of. The shifting in the 14 to me feels better and not as notchy, you kind of have to put the car in gear where as with the 15 it seems to help you put the car in gear by helping you pull the shifter into the next up shift. It isnt a bad thing, just something I am not used to. The steering wheel controls are laid out better and have a better overall feel to them and seem more tactical feedback with each push to insure you that you have pressed the button. There is leg room up front for days, much more than the MS3, and as you all may already know the back seat is worthless unless its for a younger person, I dont see any grown man sitting back there for any length of time. Viability is vastly improved over the 14, the car feels smaller and easier to maneuver. MPG seem to be impressive for a 435hp car. My trip home was about 45-50min, I hit some minor congestion on the highway with stop and go for about 15-20min other than that I was shifting between 5th and 6th gear with a few 4th gear pulls and some aggressive launches at lights and the computer gave me an average of 27.3mpg, so who knows how accurate that is. As for the power and torque of the car I think my MS3 with custom tune, intake, exhaust and fuel pump would be able to keep up with it if not beat it by a hair.

As far as dislikes.....So far these are pretty minor and I am very very picky with thing and am sure to find some more as I go along. But first few things I noticed are the seats, I cant stand power seats as it takes me some time to find that sweet spot with all the adjustments it has to offer (6) they do however offer great support. The center stack seems to be too far away and is a stretch to reach the controls, I am 6'2 and have fairly long arms and some buttons are a bit of a stretch and I dont have the seat all the way back. Checking the driver side blind spot area could be an issue as its kinda hard to see, but that could be my seat positioning. The center console latch to open and close is a pain in the butt. Even with my seat back pretty far it still makes opening and closing kind of hard because of how you have to position your arm. The cup holders with my galaxy S5 in one interferes with shifting a bit. As far as how the car handles and drives I havent really tested that as I got home pretty late and it has been parked until I get insurance figured out on it, which by the way I was quoted 731/year on it with my MS3 being 980/year....not to bad for a 28yro male. The ride home was pretty smooth I did hit a small pot hole with the rear tire and felt the IRS working which was nice.
:lol:

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats, any photos?

OP
OP

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Hmm, I guess you havent been in a custom tuned MS3....I was giving my honest thoughts on the car since I have driven and owned both. The average 1/4 miles times for the 15 GT is roughly 13.0, some people are pulling high 12s but the average is a 13.0. Those mods on a MS3 are running the 12.9-13.1. However, I would still take the mustang over the MS3 any day of the week.

Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Hmm, I guess you havent been in a custom tuned MS3....I was giving my honest thoughts on the car since I have driven and owned both. The average 1/4 miles times for the 15 GT is roughly 13.0, some people are pulling high 12s but the average is a 13.0. Those mods on a MS3 are running the 12.9-13.1. However, I would still take the mustang over the MS3 any day of the week.
I haven't, admittedly.

OP
OP

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I haven't, admittedly.
Dont underestimate those cars, they can be made pretty quick for little money. Though they are good for about 400 crank HP before internals need to be taken into consideration. Anyway this is a mustang forum, screw the Mazda.:ford:

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.

you shooting the bottle?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
What MPH are those MS3's turning running 13.0?

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
One thing to keep in mind is any turbo car will feel faster due to the narrow RPM range when the torque hits.

I'm not saying a well modified MS3 couldn't keep up with a stock GT although with the torque limit in 1st and 2nd gear I'd question it.

My modified STI felt faster than my M3 but it isn't actually faster. Some of that is due to how fast the DCT shifts as opposed to a manual.

Sponsored

Chlocli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1999.5 Audi A4 1.8qtms
My trip home was about 45-50min,

I havent really tested that as I got home pretty late and it has been parked until I get insurance figured out on it
Any good reason why you drive around without insurance? Haven't had time is not a valid reason, since you had time to go pick up the car. Just saying.

Congrats on the new ride. Big step up from the torque steering Mazda for sure.

OP
OP

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
That insurance is so cheap. Must be nice. 25 male here, 1 ticket 5 years ago, no accidents. 1853/year for eco prem. But anyway... congrats on the ride, best of luck.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I didnt come here to turn this into a paper race. I just thought I would share my thoughts. I was in no way knocking the mustang at all! I am a new member here and plan on being here awhile and dont want to get off on the wrong foot. Here is the link to the Mazda forum with mods and track times.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f232/official-mazdaspeed-forums-member-1-4-mile-171568/
I don't think you are knocking anything :D. I was just curious what MPH those cars ran since I have no knowledge of them.

Congrats on the new ride! Glad you are in an awesome :ford: product now!
Sponsored