Sponsored

More impressions of my Black GT PP, 2 days 200+ miles and still smiling

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Here it is finally
I gotta say impressions now i drove 170+ miles today the car truly is a GT car, Grand Touring and i like that. After watching Mat Farah video how he said it feels Mustangy, i agree the seating position, wheel position and hood really feels like a vintage Mustang and i should know, i own quite a few.

Also watching that Head to Head Randy Probst comments on the car needing more spring and shock and i could not agree with him more. the chassis is superb but for a true sports car or track duty there needs to be much more rebound and rear spring rate.

I do plan on doing the Eibach R2 Coilovers once they are developed this spring. Borla is sending me a new exhaust and for now il just enjoy it.

the attention this car has gotten is ridiculous. i must have the only one driving around the NYC area it seems, everyone snapping videos and photos its just cool how everyone loves the MUSTANG, I do to.

Also glad i picked black it looks killer!

Im playing hooky today from work, leaving the office now to go for another drive.
IMG-20141029-01088.jpg
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Awesome!!! Thanks for the feedback!

Go and enjoy that bad beast!!

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I just picked my EB, black as well... And, I completely agree with you, it's a bit crazy really. I know I'm not driving a Ferrari but people sure pay attention. I got thumbs up three times on the way to work from the dealership.

Sponsored

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Super looking car.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks great! :thumbsup:

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Here it is finally
I gotta say impressions now i drove 170+ miles today the car truly is a GT car, Grand Touring and i like that. After watching Mat Farah video how he said it feels Mustangy, i agree the seating position, wheel position and hood really feels like a vintage Mustang and i should know, i own quite a few.

Also watching that Head to Head Randy Probst comments on the car needing more spring and shock and i could not agree with him more. the chassis is superb but for a true sports car or track duty there needs to be much more rebound and rear spring rate.

I do plan on doing the Eibach R2 Coilovers once they are developed this spring. Borla is sending me a new exhaust and for now il just enjoy it.

the attention this car has gotten is ridiculous. i must have the only one driving around the NYC area it seems, everyone snapping videos and photos its just cool how everyone loves the MUSTANG, I do to.

Also glad i picked black it looks killer!

Im playing hooky today from work, leaving the office now to go for another drive.
Are you really going to sand it down with 2000? How's the paint? Looks great from here! :)

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That light catching surface at the bottom of the door is so perfect in this photo. Looks good OP!

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Congrats, MC!! Black is stunning!

I don't think we are going to see the attention level die down for a good long time. the car is still rare in the wild. I sit here at work, the car is in the parking lot and i get so many people coming to my office asking to see the car. Took my wife to dinner on Monday, the day i got it, and people found me at my table to tell me how beautiful my car was. (i has prepared my wife for a little attention with the car)

Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
The members here that are out driving are very lucky and should enjoy this time. In short order there will be a lot more 2015s on the road and eventually the public will get used to seeing them like the S197, so enjoy the next year or so I suspect you'll get a lot more attention. I can't wait to see one driving in the wild, so far seen 3 sitting still on dealer lots.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Congrats, MC!! Black is stunning!

I don't think we are going to see the attention level die down for a good long time. the car is still rare in the wild. I sit here at work, the car is in the parking lot and i get so many people coming to my office asking to see the car. Took my wife to dinner on Monday, the day i got it, and people found me at my table to tell me how beautiful my car was. (i has prepared my wife for a little attention with the car)
Classic :ford:

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I just picked my EB, black as well... And, I completely agree with you, it's a bit crazy really. I know I'm not driving a Ferrari but people sure pay attention. I got thumbs up three times on the way to work from the dealership.
I think this car gets a lot of attention is because it not only looks really good, but it's affordable. Affordable and good looking make people want one.

Black does look good and almost makes me want to change my color choice. Hmmmm....

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Well took more friends for drives, never in 25 years has my family and friends been so excited over a car i bought but this is just amazing the response i get.

I will say the exhaust is too quiet for my taste when comparing this car to a 1LE or Challenger 392 but that should be an easy fix. the chassis is superb and strong as hitting bumps in NYC area are not shaking the car apart or throwing me side to side like older S197 would.

I can not wait to do a proper coilover and possibly some wider wheels and tires. the Pzero are decent on this car and I think Ford chose them for noise and comfort but the car needs a faster tire like the Pilot Super Sport it will transform the steering response and grip

i feel with the proper coilovers, more neg camber and caster and the proper tires the Mustang will eat most cars on the street or track that's how good and balanced it feels.

i do also think a thicker rear sway bar is needed as well

overall the car is great. the braking performance is amazing as well.

I got the Recarro interior and my wife will just have to deal with it when she gets home

I just can not stop staring at the car, i am a designer by trade so this car actually excited me in many ways.

RB510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Raven Black, PP, 50 Years)
I think this car gets a lot of attention is because it not only looks really good, but it's affordable. Affordable and good looking make people want one.

Black does look good and almost makes me want to change my color choice. Hmmmm....
Do eeeeeeet

<-- has a raven black one.
Sponsored