Sponsored

Project Gray GT - Derieuz's 5.0

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I Just got my GT today, I can't even describe with words how happy I truly am. I was surprised by my dad coming home early for a "strange" reason, I was on the couch sick as a dog (just got back from the doctors). He asked me how I was feeling, I replied that I was feeling horrible because the migraines were interrupting my studying for college mid terms. As I got up to go to the bathroom, he told me I should get my shoes on.... I asked why, and he told me the dealership called and the Mustang was in. Needless to say I feel a little better now (not really, but MUSTANG MAKES LIFE GOOD.)

A little about myself, I am 19 years old as of today (10/22/14) and I currently work as a Mechanical Engineer for a company that builds multiple inspection and cnc machines for the majority of the automotive companies. Here are a few pictures from Ford that show our machines sculpting the mustang in their design studio! I am a hard worker, and there will be plenty of modifications and detailing how-to's to come in the future!

Initial Impressions:

Drive Quality: I will be daily driving this, and I absolutely love the way the car handles. It isn't as stiff as a C6 Z06, but it is definitely stiffer than your average daily driver, but not as stiff as some other performance oriented cars. It is firm to say the least with the comfort-ability that is desired for a daily driver.. It handles small bumps and such really well! Anything larger than small though, back breaker!

Power: This engine SCREAMS in the mid-range and high-rpm power band. I didn't go nuts in it because it is still in the break-in period with the tires, engine, brakes, etc, but MAN DOES IT PULL. Even going 70 and downshifting to 5th with your foot mashed pushes you back into the seat, TORQUE.

Materials: Absolutely amazing, although I am not used to being in anything extremely high-quality in comparison, this is by far the best Mustang interior or any interior that I have been in for awhile, THE RADIO TUNE KNOB, NO STUPID TRICKY BUTTONS, THE KNOB MAKES IT COMPLETE.

Sound Quality: Being an audiophile, it is not perfect. But for the base 400a 9 speaker system, this is very well rounded. I personally changed the settings to +4 Bass, +2 Mid-range, and +3 Treble (its what works best for me). Sounds better than the sony premium system in my 2010 ford fusion when I had that. Nothing to complain about.

Fitment and Paint: The paint was dirty as I told them not to touch it! I did not notice any scratching or marring of any sort under my LED light and eye-inspections so I was super happy about that. FITMENT WAS GOOD IN MY CASE. Nothing that was asymmetrical in my eyes, as close to perfect as I could get in my case, I am lucky! Common misalignments but nothin severe!

Overall: This car was everything and more I expected, wow. I can't wait to see what is in the future!

Build:
2015 Mustang GT Premium 400A
-Magnetic Metallic
-Ebony Premium Trim Interior
-Performance Package
-Enhanced Security Package
-Rear Park Assist
-Navigation

Ordered: 06/03/14
Build Date: 10/09/14
In Production: 10/02/14
Build Completed: 10/09/14
Awaiting Shipment: 10/16/14
In Transit: 10/22/14
DELIVERED: 10/22/14

Fluids:
5w-30 Penzoil Ultra Platinum Motor Oil

Power/Engine Bay Mods:
Custom Dual-Mode Quad-Tip ACTIVE exhaust
Lund Racing Tune W/ N-Gauge
JLT Oil Seperator
Redline Hood Struts
Blue Valve Covers
PMAS Intake

Suspension Mods:
Steeda Subframe Bushing Kit
Steeda Subframe Alignment Bushings
Whiteline Transmission Bushing
SPC Front Camber Bolts
Full Tilt Boogie Racing Knuckle-To-Toe Link Bearings (FT548)
ISC N1 Coilovers
ISC N1 Camber Plates
ISC N1 Front Adjustable Swaybar Endlinks
Whiteline Rear Adjustable Swaybar Endlinks

Wheel Mods:
Winter: 19x8.5 AMR Blacks with 245/45/19 Blizzak LM32
Summer: 19x10 / 19x11 MRR GT350 Replicas with 275/35/19 Nitto NT05 + 305/35/19 Nitto NT05
Custom Wheel Center Caps
Custom Grind 4.5mm Front Wheel Spacer
Black Gorilla Lug Nuts

Interior Modifications:
Diode Dynamics interior LED kit
Weathertech Floor mats
Blue interior Welt
Blue Valve Covers
Blue Dyed Contrast Stitching
Redlinegoods Custom Shift Boot, E-Brake Boot, Center Console Cover
OEM Cloth Recaro Seats w/ Blue stitching
Custom Blue Exhaust Switch
Black Painted Shift Lockout, and Cups

Exterior Mods:
Diode Dynamics Reverse Light
30% Lumar Tint all around
Dark Anchorroom Tailight tint
Ceramic Ford Blue Brake Caliper Paint
Dark Anchorroom Corner Blackouts

Pictures will come soon as I install everything

http://photobucket.com/share/links?...oads/IMG_0246_zps455b7fb7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

First day at Oakland University with the Stang, Here is 8 AM versus 12 PM, I thought this was awesome.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Congrats!! Looks great.

Hope you feel better!!

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Gratz man.....I can't wait for my Kona Blue baby

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Awesome. Youth and cars...

Sponsored

Racerzx

Very cool. Those clay models would have come in handy a year or so ago :)

OP
OP
derieuz

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't think we were allowed to post those pictures, we were just recently given the okay to upload them on our company website!

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Derieuz,

Congratulations kid! Very happy for you How exciting is that! I remember when I got my first muscle car. It was a 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT 8. I couldn't stop grinning for a month.

I just orderd my 2015 Mustang on Oct 13th, so it'll be awhile until I'm smiling like that again.

I ordered a Premium GT w/ PP, Ingot Silver, 400A, Premium Ebony w/accents,
Enhanced Security, Nav. Oh and All weather floor mats.

That's what I need to ask you...I just discovered that the car may not come with carpeted floor mats. Can you please confirm if this is true.

Please...did your Mustand come with carpeted floor mats? I could see the plastic on the seats and floor but could tell.

Thanks in advance and good luck with your HotRod / Muscle car

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Believe me...I'm not try to be a Negitive Downer but...is it just me or the photo, it looks like you didn't get the Reverse Park Assit that you ordered ???

OP
OP
derieuz

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Carpet floor matts are in the trunk wrapped still! I'm going to save them until I detail
The car myself and then get rubber ones for winter, and yes the reverse sensors are there! They are hidden very well!
Sponsored