Second 2015 Mustang GT Owner's Review

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
I don’t know if this is indeed the second 2015 Mustang GT Premium review….moderators please adjust accordingly.

I picked up my Guard Premium GT Automatic Friday afternoon, October 3rd (Ordered on May 22nd). I could have taken delivery on the Tuesday before but was out of town on vacation. I drove from the airport directly to the dealer.

So far, after about 70 miles, here are my initial observations.

For reference, my previous DD was a 2011 Fusion SEL 4 cylinder; this will now be my DD.

Exhaust Tone/Noise: I think the noise level and tone of the exhaust is very good. I especially like the noise at idle. Deep bass and it just sounds like the car is making a statement.....great potential. One of my daughters drove it on Friday while I was standing outside of my house. The sound is not loud but sounded like a high performance car should.

Visibility: Overall I will say that the outward vision is outstanding. No blind spots.

Seat Comfort: Like Zombie, I'm still trying to identify an optimum adjustment but the seats offer great support. This car will be a joy to drive long distances. The seats' coverings feel like real leather (soft) versus the pleather that seems to be used on a lot of the current cars.

Steering Wheel: It is of the correct rim thickness and the diameter is noticeably smaller than the '11 Fusion or my '01 Bullitt.

Ride/Handling: The ride is very comfortable for a Mustang. You can feel expansion joints (standard feature of most Michigan Roads) but it is very subtle. I had a chance to drive over railroad tracks and rough uneven pavement. The car tracked straight and true, unlike my ’01 Bullitt which tends to skate over rough pavement. I did make a left hand turn over rough pavement. When applying throttle while hitting the rough pavement, the car did move laterally a bit. I think this was partially due to the rear suspension being unloaded at the same time a high level of engine torque was applied.

Steering: No issues here, although I’m going to need several more miles to pick up the differences in the 3 steering modes.

Interior: This maybe the best interior of any Mustang. Fit and Finish is outstanding and several areas that would normally be hard plastic are soft leather. I got the mid-level stereo and although I was expecting a higher volume output, it will be more than adequate for listening to my 1600+ I phone music collection.

Overall Body Fit & Finish: The body margins are dead on except for the left front fender ‘dagger’ to hood vertical dimension. I believe an adjustment of the hood bumper stop should resolve this height discrepancy.

Line Lock: Did try this a bit in a parking lot to see how it works. I did not do a smokey burnout but did spin the tires for a few seconds. I was a bit surprised how much throttle needed to be applied to start the base GT 18” Pirelli’s to break loose. Good sign for these tires.

Trunk: Mustangs never had very large trunks. But this one is massive, plus the rear seats fold flat. I believe a set of drag radials and floor jack would fit nicely in this car.

In summary, this Mustang may in fact be the first Mustang to truly represent its GT (Grand Touring) badge. I spent some time on the Autobahn last week and feel this car has the legs to fully utilize the Autobahn’s left lane to the max.

Here are a few photos that I have taken over the last couple of days. A few of them are comparing my ’01 Bullitt’s Dark Highland Green to the ‘15’s Guard.

Not much height difference between the S550 and the Bullitt. The Bullitt is about 3/4" lower than an '01 GT.

This shows the rear fender 'ledge' width relative to the C Pillar. It's about 5.5" or the equivalent of two Detroit Coney Islands. I did not place the Coneys directly on the paint surface as I was planning on eating them afterwards.

Sponsored

bullitt4204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
"No-Rain" Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2001 Mustang Bullitt
Nice review and comparison Greg!

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Good job Greg. :)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
How about a hot dog review? LMAO!!

Car looks great. Nice write up!

The biggest thing I notice is the hood length difference between the 01 and 15. The '15 hood looks over 12" longer, maybe more.

Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Ummmm hot dogs....drools (best Homer Simpson impression.)

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Awesome lol

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
Makes the '01 look tiny (and in great condition BTW). Beautiful car sir, enjoy it for the rest of us!

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
I've thought for a long time the rectangle space in the top of the ecoboost engine cover would be perfect for keeping a pie warm while driving, but now I know it was actually designed for Hot dogs, thanks DABKO!!

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
I don’t know if this is indeed the second 2015 Mustang GT Premium review….moderators please adjust accordingly.

I picked up my Guard Premium GT Automatic Friday afternoon, October 3rd (Ordered on May 22nd). I could have taken delivery on the Tuesday before but was out of town on vacation. I drove from the airport directly to the dealer.

So far, after about 70 miles, here are my initial observations.

For reference, my previous DD was a 2011 Fusion SEL 4 cylinder; this will now be my DD.

Exhaust Tone/Noise: I think the noise level and tone of the exhaust is very good. I especially like the noise at idle. Deep bass and it just sounds like the car is making a statement.....great potential. One of my daughters drove it on Friday while I was standing outside of my house. The sound is not loud but sounded like a high performance car should.

Visibility: Overall I will say that the outward vision is outstanding. No blind spots.

Seat Comfort: Like Zombie, I'm still trying to identify an optimum adjustment but the seats offer great support. This car will be a joy to drive long distances. The seats' coverings feel like real leather (soft) versus the pleather that seems to be used on a lot of the current cars.

Steering Wheel: It is of the correct rim thickness and the diameter is noticeably smaller than the '11 Fusion or my '01 Bullitt.

Ride/Handling: The ride is very comfortable for a Mustang. You can feel expansion joints (standard feature of most Michigan Roads) but it is very subtle. I had a chance to drive over railroad tracks and rough uneven pavement. The car tracked straight and true, unlike my ’01 Bullitt which tends to skate over rough pavement. I did make a left hand turn over rough pavement. When applying throttle while hitting the rough pavement, the car did move laterally a bit. I think this was partially due to the rear suspension being unloaded at the same time a high level of engine torque was applied.

Steering: No issues here, although I’m going to need several more miles to pick up the differences in the 3 steering modes.

Interior: This maybe the best interior of any Mustang. Fit and Finish is outstanding and several areas that would normally be hard plastic are soft leather. I got the mid-level stereo and although I was expecting a higher volume output, it will be more than adequate for listening to my 1600+ I phone music collection.

Overall Body Fit & Finish: The body margins are dead on except for the left front fender ‘dagger’ to hood vertical dimension. I believe an adjustment of the hood bumper stop should resolve this height discrepancy.

Line Lock: Did try this a bit in a parking lot to see how it works. I did not do a smokey burnout but did spin the tires for a few seconds. I was a bit surprised how much throttle needed to be applied to start the base GT 18” Pirelli’s to break loose. Good sign for these tires.

Trunk: Mustangs never had very large trunks. But this one is massive, plus the rear seats fold flat. I believe a set of drag radials and floor jack would fit nicely in this car.

In summary, this Mustang may in fact be the first Mustang to truly represent its GT (Grand Touring) badge. I spent some time on the Autobahn last week and feel this car has the legs to fully utilize the Autobahn’s left lane to the max.

Here are a few photos that I have taken over the last couple of days. A few of them are comparing my ’01 Bullitt’s Dark Highland Green to the ‘15’s Guard.

Not much height difference between the S550 and the Bullitt. The Bullitt is about 3/4" lower than an '01 GT.

This shows the rear fender 'ledge' width relative to the C Pillar. It's about 5.5" or the equivalent of two Detroit Coney Islands. I did not place the Coneys directly on the paint surface as I was planning on eating them afterwards.
Excellent review! I think you may have started a new trend. I may have to require the next car delivered that's posted on my thread has a cheeseburger!

Sponsored

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Another awesome write up, and BEAUTIFUL car! 1st one I have seen with these wheels. Enjoy, and God Bless.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
So far the two reviews by owners makes it harder and harder for me to wait for a gt350. It dang sure better be worth it!

Great Car, Great Color, Great review.... ENJOY!

OrlandoJJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Fastback Premium
Great review DABKO! Love the new replacement for the metric system…two Coneys equals 5.5". So, are these the standard wheels for the GT Premium (non-PP), or are they an optional wheel package? I can't seems to find many photos of "base" GT Premium wheels and tires.
Sponsored