Dash-Cam

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i run 2 mobius cameras (front and rear view)

it does not have parking mode. it will only continue recording for 90 mins after the car has been shut off. this is when the accessory power in the car automatically turns off.
Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
i run 2 mobius cameras (front and rear view)

it does not have parking mode. it will only continue recording for 90 mins after the car has been shut off. this is when the accessory power in the car automatically turns off.
Ok, thanks, that is what I had thought. I'm definitely wanting parking mode- I parked my car at 11pm and it was hit right after 1am. I am leaning toward the Blackvue 650 with PMP, but I'm not completely sold on the 2 channel yet, which would save me about $100. I usually back in to parking spots so if anything was to happen it would 99.9% be to the front of the car. I work at a bank that has no outside cameras too (really safe, huh?) in a fairly busy part of town, so this has been something I've been looking into lately, and last night was icing on the cake unfortunately. So instead of fixing my wheel hop, I'm installing anti-asshole devices.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Ok, thanks, that is what I had thought. I'm definitely wanting parking mode- I parked my car at 11pm and it was hit right after 1am. I am leaning toward the Blackvue 650 with PMP, but I'm not completely sold on the 2 channel yet, which would save me about $100. I usually back in to parking spots so if anything was to happen it would 99.9% be to the front of the car. I work at a bank that has no outside cameras too (really safe, huh?) in a fairly busy part of town, so this has been something I've been looking into lately, and last night was icing on the cake unfortunately. So instead of fixing my wheel hop, I'm installing anti-asshole devices.

Yeah the BlackVue is pricey and the Massdrop actually don't save all that much over just buying off Amazon, but I think it's worth it. When I get my 2016 GT PP I'm definitely making the BlackVue my first "mod." Then probably exhaust after that.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Yeah the BlackVue is pricey and the Massdrop actually don't save all that much over just buying off Amazon, but I think it's worth it. When I get my 2016 GT PP I'm definitely making the BlackVue my first "mod." Then probably exhaust after that.
Yeah and from some of the reviews I've read Blackvue doesn't honor warranty through unapproved vendors...and amazon is unapproved. So it may end up costing me more than anticipated, but I'm going to contact them tomorrow to be sure.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I'm now looking at picking one up after a drunk asshole (also my neighbor) ran into my car last night. The massdrop for $335 looks to be a pretty good deal, but I wasn't looking to really spend that much. Does the Mobius have any kind of parking mode? From what I have read it just comes on with the car. One of the main reasons I would be buying is for parking mode.

You want to go Blackvue. It has parking mode and event mode as well (if someone bumps from the side and not in the cameras views) it will record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

PDX5oh3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I purchased a G1W-CB and want to hardwire it to an "always on" fuse with a hardwire kit. I ended up purchasing this hardwire unit. Now that I am reading more before my installation I am seeing you want at least a 12.2v cutoff to prevent hurting the longevity of your battery life, according to dashcamtalk.com at least. This particular harness has a 11.6v cutoff. Obviously the s550 hasn't been out long enough for people to drain their batteries, but I'm now starting to wonder if I should purchase a better battery cutoff unit than this. The main issue is that those units cost almost as much as the camera itself did. I'm curious if anyone has used a hardwire kit like this and how long does it take for the cutoff to actually kick in? When I get my car it will be pretty much a daily driver, but there will definitely be times where it sits for multiple days. Thanks guys.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Except didn't you accident occur while you were parked in the street? If so, could have just as easily been the back of your car that was hit.

What about parking lots that have 2 stalls back to back? Backing into one of those will not necessarily lower the risk of getting hit from behind.

The peace of mind is well worth the $100, imo.

Here is my write up on my install of the 650

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20968&highlight=blackvue

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
So I purchased a G1W-CB and want to hardwire it to an "always on" fuse with a hardwire kit. I ended up purchasing this hardwire unit. Now that I am reading more before my installation I am seeing you want at least a 12.2v cutoff to prevent hurting the longevity of your battery life, according to dashcamtalk.com at least. This particular harness has a 11.6v cutoff. Obviously the s550 hasn't been out long enough for people to drain their batteries, but I'm now starting to wonder if I should purchase a better battery cutoff unit than this. The main issue is that those units cost almost as much as the camera itself did. I'm curious if anyone has used a hardwire kit like this and how long does it take for the cutoff to actually kick in? When I get my car it will be pretty much a daily driver, but there will definitely be times where it sits for multiple days. Thanks guys.
I have mine set to 11.8, I can't say for certain how long the camera will run, but I know my 2 channel setup runs for at least 14 hours when car is turned off. I did have a member here tell me their 650 runs for about 2 days at when set to 11.8. Not sure I would see that to be honest.

My camera also automatically goes into parking mode after about 10 minutes of no movement. In parking mode, the cameras record at 15fps instead of 30, so that will help with battery life.

kiko1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I installed the Omega DVR part number is smdvr901e. It works awesome and has some great features. It's only front facing, but I'm ok with that.

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic
There's a ton out there.

This is the one I used. Foxoffer is a giant seller for cams. $7
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-0801-a...140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c434115a4
It's just a transformer and an in-line fuse. Mini usb connection on one end and bare power and ground wires on the other.

I added pins to plug directly into the back of the mirror connector. I don't like vampire connectors or t-taps because you're weakening the main wire in the process.
http://www.radioshack.com/9-position-male-crimp-d-sub-connector/2761427.html#.VT_cQCFVhBc
Radioshack d-sub pins work perfectly ($1 for 11 pins). Crimped and soldered onto the bare wires.
Having a bit of trouble figuring out where that radioshack item goes and if all you used from it were 2 of those pins....I would love it if I could set it up without a t tap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
I guess no one likes the thinkware F750...

Guys I had a question. This camera I bought has the parking feature that activates recording after motion/G-sensing. I bought a hardwiring kit http://thinkware.com/Products/AccessoryView/Hard_cable1 but I'm unsure which fuse to tap into. I can't use the rear view mirror since thats only ignition. I need an ignition (car on) source as well as a continuous power source. Which 2 fuses should I tap into?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I hope the Thinkware f750 isn't really bad, because I have one being delivered on Wednesday. [emoji27]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sponsored