Sponsored

How much should I ask for?

AmaziN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Premium
So I called Ford customer service this morning and they said my car is delivered. When I called the dealer they said they got it but there was some rock chips on front end from shipping truck and it's in shop now to get front bumper painted.

I'm assuming it will be in new condition once I get it but nonetheless it's still repair being done on a new car, if you were in my shoes how much of a discount would you ask for?

I already have x plan but hoping to get it below invoice.

Thanks for your help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Here's how I'd approach it:

Call them back and tell them you are concerned about the damage to the front end and question the quality of the repair shop. Then ask if they are willing to compensate you for your trouble and time. They may accept and offer you some lowball offer like a free service or oil change. Don't settle for the first answer, and respond with something like "I feel like the money I am spending on a brand new car to be told it was damaged before delivery is worth more than what you are offering me, let's get something better to agree on."

Once you come to an agreement on compensation then give the repair job a VERY thorough inspection and look for overspray, hazy or inconsistent paint/clear coat, and overall condition. If it meets your approval then take your keys and a signed agreement for your compensation and enjoy your ride. If it doesn't meet your approval, have them fix it correctly and renegotiate for better recompense.

OP
OP

AmaziN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Premium
Not the first sight you want to see of the car you've been waiting forever for but hopefully they'll get everything squared away.

They are willing to do x plan - 500 cash offer - 750 eaa but I need it lower than that so we'll see what happens.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Here's how I'd approach it:

"I feel like the money I am spending on a brand new car to be told it was damaged before delivery is worth more than what you are offering me, let's get something better to agree on."

If it doesn't meet your approval, have them fix it correctly and renegotiate for better recompense.
This^

I would almost take it a step further and ask them to show you with a paint meter how good the match is as well. 100% of dealers will have these for when they're taking trades.

Alex

Finally

Old Fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Auto Prem Conv
My question would be how much they would devalue a trade-in from somebody else with a repainted front bumper (assuming that they weren't the ones involved with doing the work). Chances are they might come up with a different number than they're willing to offer you now. Maybe that will affect your negotiation with them. And, FWIW, unless you plan to clear film your front end, there's a really good chance you'd have some rock chips pretty soon anyway. Just comes with highway driving. It sucks, and hopefully they'll bend over backwards to make it right. I suspect there are more cars than we know that have transport damage repaired before they're sold... without full disclosure to the buyers. At least they were upfront with you.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I would find another car and not even consider accepting this one. That's just me....

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I would find another car and not even consider accepting this one. That's just me....
lol wut - because of a bumper respray that's done in house, and most likely wont even show on the vehicle history report?

That being said, I can undersand the frustration Moe, not what I'd want to see either. See if you can get some OE performance out of it, milk em, or a year worth of service :) Its not really the dealerships fault, something may have happened (overzealous delivery truck driver, etc etc) that was out of their control.

OP
OP

AmaziN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Premium
So just got done finalizing the deal. Not sure if it's the best out there but I'm ok with the result.

X-plan - 500 lease conquest - 500 customer cash offer - 750 eaa.

I have 4 remaining payments on fusion at 345 per month. Ford pays for 3 and dealer will pay last payment.

I tried to have them do the tire mounting and balancing for my winter set and window tint but no can do so instead they will mail me a check of 500 for inconvenience.

That was the best I can do. Nothing is final until I make sure paint job and everything is flawless tomorrow.

I'll post pictures once I pick it up tomorrow.

ManBear, I've been waiting for a very long time to get this car and to be honest it's not really their fault if transport was careless. I would get a different one if it was easy but the probability of finding another 2016 DIB with redline premium, 3.55 and 20 wheels is slim. The fact that they didn't try to hide the issue speaks volumes to the way they do business. They could've simply bsed me and told me that the car isn't in yet and only notify me once it was all ready.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
dib is not possible for perfect match, look at all angles, bright sun and in the dark under lights.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Roush blower install to,cover the damages.

MDRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I'd see what priority code they could get together for a new car. It would just bother me to no end that before I drove even one mile there had to be work done, especially one I've ordered and been waiting on. Hell, I could probably have gone home with an ignorance is bliss kind of deal and never known but damn if it would be just nagging me knowing.
Sponsored