Sponsored

3,000 cars affected by seatbelt issue?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I ordered my car 9/16 and it was built 9/29. It was released for shipping the following day. I had been expecting the car any day, but yesterday I found the car had a hold on it and never shipped. My dealer found that 3,000 mustangs are affected by some sort of seatbelt issue. He isn't sure this is the reason for my cars hold, but given the context it seems pretty likely. Have any of you guys heard about this or been affected by it? I'm guessing the cars will be sent back to the plant to get fixed before being released for transit but I have no idea how long something like that may take bits already been just over a week.
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I ordered my car 9/16 and it was built 9/29. It was released for shipping the following day. I had been expecting the car any day, but yesterday I found the car had a hold on it and never shipped. My dealer found that 3,000 mustangs are affected by some sort of seatbelt issue. He isn't sure this is the reason for my cars hold, but given the context it seems pretty likely. Have any of you guys heard about this or been affected by it? I'm guessing the cars will be sent back to the plant to get fixed before being released for transit but I have no idea how long something like that may take bits already been just over a week.
Didn't hear anything about it . My car was supposely
built yesterday, so i wonder if it'll be hold as well.
Keep us in the loop if you find out anything.

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
My car was built on the same day, but my eta still remains at 10/15/15. I didn't order the recaros, but I haven't heard anything. Perhaps Deysha could chime in on this?

mjribeiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Sierra HD, 15 Acadia, 21 Aviator, 10 Explorer
Mines on hold too. Built 9/30. No recaros.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I thought it may be just Recaros since that is kind of an oddball option. mjribeiro.....have you been able to find any more info about the hold?

I'd love to get Deysha or Rachel to chime in but they're pretty swamped. I sent a pm several days ago and haven't heard back.

mjribeiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Sierra HD, 15 Acadia, 21 Aviator, 10 Explorer
No. The person I spoke to thought the hold was for the ok to buy date. That's how little she knew. She said the hold appears to be till 10/11. But I'm not sure she knows.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Bummer. I hope the hold is lifted before then. Please post up if you find any more info, I'll do the same

Rufus5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt/PP vert
I ordered mine the first week in June. It was built on Sept 9. It had an ETA of Sept. 22- 29. My dealer said yesterday that it finally went to awaiting shipment. No one seems to have answers to why it was delayed. Maybe this seatbelt thing is it. Deysha, help please? :D

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Rufus5.0.....did your car go from production, to awaiting shipment, to hold? Or did it never get released for shipment until just now?

Mine supposedly was awaiting shipment before it was placed on hold. Which seems like a strange series of events.

Would love to get some clarification, though. Deysha would you be kind enough to look into this for us?

Sponsored

Rufus5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt/PP vert
Rufus5.0.....did your car go from production, to awaiting shipment, to hold? Or did it never get released for shipment until just now?

Mine supposedly was awaiting shipment before it was placed on hold. Which seems like a strange series of events.

Would love to get some clarification, though. Deysha would you be kind enough to look into this for us?
Not really sure. I kept checking with Deysha,ford service and my dealer. My dealer said I was on schedule by Sept. 29 delivery. Ford service told me status was "in production" every time I checked for a status all the way up to Sept. 28 and that it was scheduled to be delivered by Sept 29. Funny Huh? It was built and completed on September 9(verified). I now have an estimated date of October 16 - 22. The Ford regional manager was supposed to call me today. That didn't happen either.

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
I ordered mine the first week in June. It was built on Sept 9. It had an ETA of Sept. 22- 29. My dealer said yesterday that it finally went to awaiting shipment. No one seems to have answers to why it was delayed. Maybe this seatbelt thing is it. Deysha, help please? :D
Woah!!!! I ordered mine in June also, and was built the day before yours. Mine made it to the dealer and was picked up on 9/30. And here I was all PO'd that it sat in Area 51 for 11 days before going on a rail car.

And ManBearPig... I got the "Recardos" and no seat belt problems with the fronts anyway... nobody's ever sat in the back seat.

It'll be interesting to see if anybody ever gets a believable answer.

Lots of luck guys!

That is all...

NoShoesNation

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GTPP
Mine was released 9/2 then re-released 9/9, been sitting in "Area 51" so to speak with no ETA since then. Recaros here also...

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Mine was released 9/2 then re-released 9/9, been sitting in "Area 51" so to speak with no ETA since then. Recaros here also...
This gets stranger by the minute. When mine was released, it just stayed there... no re-release. Yours was built BEFORE mine, and Rufus5.0's was built AFTER mine. Built and released for shipment the same day. Checked with Deysha every couple of days but always got the same "awaiting shipment". I think it was in this forum that nothing got shipped at all for a while after the first of the year on 2015 models. In February IIRC. QA problem maybe? Mine's been fine so far... 800 miles the first week. Nothing's fallen off of it yet, hasn't overheated or caught fire. Now you know why the lot at the plant is referred to as "Area 51". ;)

GeeZus... I just realized that Takata is also a big time seat belt maker. Still waiting on Ford to let me know when they'll replace the airbag on my 2011. Got a recall notice back in May.

That is all...

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My car has been in "Area 51" since the 30th. I was just told it was "awaiting shipment" each time I checked with my dealer. Then I figured something must be up so I called the ford service number yesterday and got the info about the hold. I then pressed my dealer for more....which is when he was able to get the info about the seatbelts from a regional rep. I'm not convinced anyone really knows what is going on. I'm seriously considering just picking a car from the lot to buy this weekend unless I find something that convinces me to stick it out before then.
Sponsored