Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
How much of a difference does the IRS supports/bushings make on the handling? Do you notice a difference?
I haven't had anything installed yet. Waiting for springs to arrive.

Others on the forum have had it done and the feedback has been positive. David@Steeda has started the threads so you can read all the feedback thus far.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Update - Got my Ford Racing resonator delete x-pipe last night and got it installed at 8am this morning.

I am not sure what to think right now. With my Roush AB's this thing is really raspy at the 5k RPM range and up. Doesn't sound like the videos I found on YouTube.

Hopefully it will smooth out a bit over the next couple hundred miles, if not, I might be removing it and buying something else...LOL!! One guy here told me it will sound better after a few hundred miles.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Update - Got my Ford Racing resonator delete x-pipe last night and got it installed at 8am this morning.

I am not sure what to think right now. With my Roush AB's this thing is really raspy at the 5k RPM range and up. Doesn't sound like the videos I found on YouTube.

Hopefully it will smooth out a bit over the next couple hundred miles, if not, I might be removing it and buying something else...LOL!! One guy here told me it will sound better after a few hundred miles.
They tend to generate a deeper tone after you put a couple hundred miles thru them. At least, that is my experience. Throw some vids up on facebook, so i can see!

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
They tend to generate a deeper tone after you put a couple hundred miles thru them. At least, that is my experience. Throw some vids up on facebook, so i can see!
That is good to hear. As I mentioned, the other guy on here said the same thing. I sure hope that happens:D

I will try and get some videos this evening if I can. My son has track practice, so I will try and work them in.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Placed my order today for wheels/tires. Hardest decision I have made on any performance car I have ever owned. #FirstWorldProblems

I am using RavSpec out of NYC as my vendor. They just joined here yesterday, so give them some M6G love:D:ford:

I bought WORK Wheels. In particular the Emotion CR 2P in 20x10 and 20x11. This is a 2 piece wheel that will have custom offsets front and rear. The offsets are still TBD ATM. They will have the Emotion flat red center caps and black lug nuts with the anodized polished lip. Deep concave on the rear and semi concave up front. The picture I have attached is the same wheel setup I have ordered. It has the GT Silver centers.

Link on the wheels from their site:

http://workwheelsusa.com/news-post.php?article=105

I am running 285/35/20 and 305/35/20 Hankook Ventus RS-3's version 2 tires.

Will take close to 3 months but I don't mind the weight as this is the wheel I have been looking for all along :eyebulge::headbang::D

I will have some professional photo shoot done once everything arrives.

Since I knew nothing about WORK wheels, I spent a lot of time yesterday reading up on them. Needless to say, I am impressed with their long history of producing very high quality wheels over in Japan. Nice to see them coming over to the American Muscle car segment :ford:

Let me know what you think:D
image.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Another picture.
image.jpg

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
WORK wheels are VERY well
known in the JDM world, and very pricey as well. Good quality wheels though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
WORK wheels are VERY well
known in the JDM world, and very pricey as well. Good quality wheels though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I have learned a lot about them over the last day or so. I am very impressed with their quality.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

I'd be curious to hear if it changes. Did you install the mufflers with the x-pipe? That's why I did it with stock mufflers. First time I started it Kelly was like what the hell, that thing is so loud! :headbonk: I still want to slip the race mufflers in place because I think it would sound awesome but being the only one around me I'm sure it would cause too much attention.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I'd be curious to hear if it changes. Did you install the mufflers with the x-pipe? That's why I did it with stock mufflers. First time I started it Kelly was like what the hell, that thing is so loud! :headbonk: I still want to slip the race mufflers in place because I think it would sound awesome but being the only one around me I'm sure it would cause too much attention.
Tim - I have had the Roush AB on for about 3 months now. So the only net new piece was the x-pipe.

I don't mind the loudness of the setup as it is very easy to control with the throttle. Cruising at 60-75 is great. The rasp inside the car is what I don't like. I am going to get my wife to drive and rev the engine up so I can hear it outside and determine how I like it.

When my car fires up in the garage, WOW...It is loud for sure. Of course my 13 year old loves it. The wife? She accepts it and I think likes it as she new when we got married 18 years ago, that I have a love for cars:ford:

What race mufflers do you have?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Here is a side profile of what the rear wheel will look like. Exact setup, anodized polished lip, GT Silver face, deep concave, minus the red, flat center cap that I custom ordered.

I bet the step lip is pretty close to the size of what mine will be as well.

I think this will look sweet on the Ingot GT PP:D
CR 2P 20inch step lip.jpg
CR 2P 20inch step lip2.jpg

sm32589g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP DIB
Hit a few hundred miles yet?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
That's gonna look awesome man, it's just a shame you have to wait so long!

Any more mods planned other than suspension? I'm tempted to get a MGW myself but my stock shifter hasn't given me any problems so who knows.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Hit a few hundred miles yet?
Not yet. About 75 miles since the x-pipe. I am going to get my wife to rev the car for me while I am outside so I can hear it above 5K RPM. I like the sound more and more that I drive it. I just want to hear it outside as I haven't yet.
That's gonna look awesome man, it's just a shame you have to wait so long!

Any more mods planned other than suspension? I'm tempted to get a MGW myself but my stock shifter hasn't given me any problems so who knows.
I am ok with waiting. My 3 final choices were all going to be 2-3 months of waiting regardless.

I will do MGW race spec at some point. Likely the Livernois tune and tuner and their Windstorm CAI as I feel most comfortable with their offerings, service and expertise. Then in the next year, I will likely upgrade the dampeners. Steeda is working on theirs now and since I am going all in on their suspension setup, these will be in the future. Along with the G-trac brace.

to_the_darkside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, Recaro Redline
Placed my order today for wheels/tires. Hardest decision I have made on any performance car I have ever owned. #FirstWorldProblems

I am using RavSpec out of NYC as my vendor. They just joined here yesterday, so give them some M6G love:D:ford:

I bought WORK Wheels. In particular the Emotion CR 2P in 20x10 and 20x11. This is a 2 piece wheel that will have custom offsets front and rear. The offsets are still TBD ATM. They will have the Emotion flat red center caps and black lug nuts with the anodized polished lip. Deep concave on the rear and semi concave up front. The picture I have attached is the same wheel setup I have ordered. It has the GT Silver centers.

Link on the wheels from their site:

http://workwheelsusa.com/news-post.php?article=105

I am running 285/35/20 and 305/35/20 Hankook Ventus RS-3's version 2 tires.

Will take close to 3 months but I don't mind the weight as this is the wheel I have been looking for all along :eyebulge::headbang::D

I will have some professional photo shoot done once everything arrives.

Since I knew nothing about WORK wheels, I spent a lot of time yesterday reading up on them. Needless to say, I am impressed with their long history of producing very high quality wheels over in Japan. Nice to see them coming over to the American Muscle car segment :ford:

Let me know what you think:D

YES!!! finally someone with similar taste!! I've been looking at nothing but JDM manufacturers for wheels as well. TBH I was looking at the same ones you chose. Those are going to look AAAAMMMMMAAAAZZZIIIINNNNGGG on the car lol. Kudos for having outside the Mustang box taste :)
Sponsored