Sponsored

Mach XV and O/R longtubes

Camp6329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I am wanting to deepen the tone and take out some of the rasp that I have with my current Mach XV longtube setup. I am wondering if I leave the XV mid mounted muffler and added a muffled axleback (like a roush axle back). Would this help or do I need to just invest in an H-pipe muffler setup like one of the MBRP catbacks. I want to stay full 3in all the way back if possible.
Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
the only thing that killed the rasp and toned down the noise on my kooks/s-type setup was adding that magnaflow mid muffler, but its not 3" i was will to sacrifice the 2hp to kill the noise

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I am wanting to deepen the tone and take out some of the rasp that I have with my current Mach XV longtube setup. I am wondering if I leave the XV mid mounted muffler and added a muffled axleback (like a roush axle back). Would this help or do I need to just invest in an H-pipe muffler setup like one of the MBRP catbacks. I want to stay full 3in all the way back if possible.
That's one of the less raspy setups with long tubes.

Add cats and that will tone down the rasp.

OP
OP

Camp6329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
That's one of the less raspy setups with long tubes.

Add cats and that will tone down the rasp.
I ended up ordering a H-pipe cat-back to see if it'll help. I can always add some bullet resonators in it to help out if needed.
Sponsored