Sponsored

Hard cut rev limiter?

Yllizh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Metallic 2015 GT
I was wondering what does it take for the 2015 GT's rev limiter to sound like it's bouncing off fast and raw because the stock rev limiter when hitting redline sounds quite sluggish and makes the car seem weak and old. 2 step? Or can a tuner just modify it?

Can I somehow upload a video from the iphone directly in here or do i have to YT upload then link it so you understand what I mean.
Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Rather than trying to "tune" the rev limiter, I'd suggest shifting before bouncing it off the rev limiter. Think of the rev limiter as an engine protection device vs a shift light.

OP
OP

Yllizh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Metallic 2015 GT
Rather than trying to "tune" the rev limiter, I'd suggest shifting before bouncing it off the rev limiter. Think of the rev limiter as an engine protection device vs a shift light.
That's a really nice suggestion, I didn't know you had to shift before the rev limiter I thought it makes peak power while bouncing off of it and not pulling anymore

Nah man I just like to have a proper rev limiter that doesn't sound like the car is dying. I drift quite often (when sliding, bouncing off the limiter sounds good though) and I like bouncing off the limiter when revving the standing car, here's where it sounds weak that's why I asked.

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
That's a really nice suggestion, I didn't know you had to shift before the rev limiter I thought it makes peak power while bouncing off of it and not pulling anymore

Nah man I just like to have a proper rev limiter that doesn't sound like the car is dying. I drift quite often (when sliding, bouncing off the limiter sounds good though) and I like bouncing off the limiter when revving the standing car, here's where it sounds weak that's why I asked.
It's set up that way to protect the OPGs. If you want to bounce off of a rev limiter get a bike or a Honda.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
With my Livernois tune it bounces off the limiter (7400).

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Lol this is a first...I've never heard anyone complain that the rev limiter makes the car sound "weak". I guess when people only care about sound it makes sense.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
The thing about limits is that they aren't there for you to get as close as you can without going over. They're there for you to stay as far away from as possible.

Ok, maybe not with cars.. but it' still solid life advice! For real though, the people who incessantly bounce off the rev limiter at meets are the worst kinds of people. All they're doing is giving a bad name to the scene and attracting negative attention from outsiders and the police.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
Keep bouncing it off the limiter and find out how to replace the oil pump gears and what ever else gets tore up when the gears go . Beating it like that with the stock gears it's not a matter of IF but more like WHEN they let go. Take a stock gear n drop it n watch it break to pieces.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I like hitting the rev limited when I reverse from my driveway. It helps drown out the sound of the people I might drive over.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I like hitting the rev limited when I reverse from my driveway. It helps drown out the sound of the people I might drive over.

Ahem I back into my parking spot like a real man. :cool:

Hahaha jk bro! :lol::headbang:

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I think you need to re-think your treatment of your car lmao. Poor thing...

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not going to recommend sitting here bouncing it off the red line all day, but I have the PP2 and it seems to do that. Listen as I approach the Kohler sign (video should autoplay at 2:36): [ame]
Sponsored