Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Maybe that is the location of a snake's nostrils?

I do know Ford intentionally designed the s550 front to have a snake-like look with the grille and headlamps.
Vader was the inspiration for the 18 mustang front per Ford.....

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The hole gives a drain for pedestrian blood at Cars & Coffee.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
For some reason every photo of a silver 2018 looks fantastic. For me that color really works with the new design and I can't explain it.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
For some reason every photo of a silver 2018 looks fantastic. For me that color really works with the new design and I can't explain it.
The reason you see so many silver cars in manufacturers' ads is because that color highlights the body lines/shapes better than pretty much every other color. It is also a "neutral" color that is not likely to turn off many persons.

I suspect this is also the reason for many TV ads appearing in black and white, or with bleached out color, or those "speeding through an empty downtown under the streetlights late at night". (When have you ever been through an empty downtown at night? And why would you speed?)

I have also always found it curious why silver seems to be the factory color of Mercedes, BMW, and Audi race cars. :shrug:

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Silver is also extremely effective at hiding scratches, dirt and any other visual flaws vs pretty much any other color.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
There is no hole behind the gap in the headlight, it is there for laminar flow & acoustics.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
2017 is just.... classier, or, resembles the old one more that the 2018.
Screenshot_2017-06-06-01-05-30.jpg

Cam07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red
I agree. Silver or Magnetic seems to make the redesign look better. It seems like I'm having to convince myself to like the 2018, but maybe it's because the only demonstration vehicles they show are the hideous (IMO) orange and yellow colors.

hornet_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Odyssey
I really hope the aftermarket can come up with a better hood at least. Give me a hood with the 15-17 lines, and I think it would look way better.

I wonder why Ford did the headlights the way they did. There's a video where they say it was because of EU regulations, but they really make the car look weird from certain angles.

PeterPerfect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 2.8
If you look through this forum there are a few common problems with the s550.
The new spec of the '18 does, on paper at least, address many of these issues.
If the lowered hood avoids the oft moaned about hood shake that would be a good thing. The stock GT tyres are generally disliked in the UK, these are to be replaced. Ford have tried to address the suspension hop and wallow with extra and revised suspension parts. There appears to be lots of little mods that might correct current faults in the s550.

In my opinion Ford are to applauded for trying to solve the problems of the old s550 in mid cycle with just 3 years to go before the s650.

Along with the new faster engine and the new faster gearbox the '18 will hopefully be a very good car indeed.

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
For me, the hood was one of the reasons why I instantly fell in love with the s550, lowering it doesn't really appeal to me. Regarding the suspension and the tires: aren't we all replacing it anyway? Tires, wheels, suspension, exhaust, intake - we all just mod those parts off anyway ;)
Sponsored