Beware when buying from Silver Bullet

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I bought a rear differential from Silver Bullet listed on the link below. He had removed the factory auto flange from the differential and put a manual flange on it. After I paid him and he shipped it he told me it had a manual flange installed on it and he was not including the manual flange. If you purchase something from him please be cautious.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83930
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Leave negative feedback on his seller profile.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That's frustrating. Shoot me your paypal email and I'll send you $30 to cover a companion flange.

I figure for your time answering questions about the auto swap and the additional questions I'll have when the install starts later this week lol

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
It says complete also I would assume it comes with everything needed

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am not concerned with the cost of buying the flange. I am more concerned that something was messed up when changing the flange out. There is a chance that you can mess the bearing preload up. I just don't like being misled. I assumed the rear was factory stock and untouched.

Sponsored

Silver Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Procharged Auto Silver
I bought a rear differential from Silver Bullet listed on the link below. He had removed the factory auto flange from the differential and put a manual flange on it. After I paid him and he shipped it he told me it had a manual flange installed on it and he was not including the manual flange. If you purchase something from him please be cautious.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83930
If you look at my post I was NOT selling as a auto rear diff. , I stated it would work in auto or manual car that the only difference is the flange ! When you texted my about price you did not say what you were putting it in or ask any questions about it except for the price & that you wanted it. So when I did ship it I texted you with tracking # & I was curious what you were putting it in & that's when you said auto & I told you it had the manual flange on it & you would need to swap your flange over just like I did, no big deal, & I did send the manual flange, cause I swapped a 355 rear diff. in mine & the 355 diff. only comes for the manual cars so I swapped out the flange & put back on my stock rear diff. & that was how I was selling it for auto or manual , the only thing you have to do is swap over flange ! If you would have asked any thing about it I would have told you but we negotiated price & that was it. Don't blame me for you not doing more research or asking anything about it , sorry for your inconvenience to swap over flange but it's no big deal really. I dropped the price for you & shipped it at my expense & I hardly maid any money on this deal so you got a hell of a good deal anyway & this what I get in return , good luck to you !

Silver Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I am not concerned with the cost of buying the flange. I am more concerned that something was messed up when changing the flange out. There is a chance that you can mess the bearing preload up. I just don't like being misled. I assumed the rear was factory stock and untouched.
I did not mislead you , read the post & ask questions if your not sure, you did none of this !

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I did not mislead you , read the post & ask questions if your not sure, you did none of this !
If I bought a motor from you would I have to assume that it includes the correct crankshaft? I feel like I was misled. I just wanted others to know what happened so they can be more cautious if making a purchase from you. If a factory part hase been modified from the way it came from the factory the seller should state this.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea i be pissed,the auto diff comes one way!!!!.If u sell.something to someone thats been modified its up to u the seller to state what was changed on the part,not the buyer to have to pull teeth and ask if the part has been messed with.And to state it can be used for an auto or manual does not automatically mean the buyer knows it has a manual flange on it,matter of fact very very few have used the auto diff for manual cars because they break.

Silver Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
If I bought a motor from you would I have to assume that it includes the correct crankshaft? I feel like I was misled. I just wanted others to know what happened so they can be more cautious if making a purchase from you. If a factory part hase been modified from the way it came from the factory the seller should state this.
Well I have sold a lot of parts & even you have bought other parts from me & this is the first issue I have had, Was not meant to mislead that's why I posted auto or manual & flange deference.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
At the end of the day mistakes happen and I will live. Did you torque the manual flange down on the 3.15 diff or just stick it up there?

Silver Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
At the end of the day mistakes happen and I will live. Did you torque the manual flange down on the 3.15 diff or just stick it up there?
I actually just snugged it on to what felt right mainly to keep it from leaking, I think the instructions I sent in the box may have the preload spec, it does show procedure. If you need the spec for that lmk & I'll find out for you ?

TrackBred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lighting Blue PP2
I am not sure what the problem here is. You can clearly read the post from the seller. I was going to PM the seller for the same part. I read it and fully understood the post and what was being sold. I wished I would picked it up from him. I was just too late to the punch.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am not sure what the problem here is. You can clearly read the post from the seller. I was going to PM the seller for the same part. I read it and fully understood the post and what was being sold. I wished I would picked it up from him. I was just too late to the punch.
You are welcome to take it off my hands. I guess you are a better mind reader than me. I will let you have it for 250 and split shipping.

Silver Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
You are welcome to take it off my hands. I guess you are a better mind reader than me. I will let you have it for 250 and split shipping.
You'd be crazy to get rid of it for just a flange swap, that's a good rear diff. with low miles, if you can do a air filter change you can do this job & set preload, but that's just my opinion.
Sponsored