Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Fuel trims can tell you if you have a leak or not. His short terms are the same. Since the last longs there are long terms other than 1 now.

Full Pull was all the way to the right of the graph. I put a marker at 6500. You can see the MAF value stop raising as fast. The long term trimm and short term trims are the same as before. You can also see the long ter trim goes lean in areas the RPMs are declining or around idle.
How come I don't know you? Lol
Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Waaaaa? No change at all with a fuel setup? You threw the system on and nothing needed changing? I'm thinking of a baseline dyno now then do a dyno tune remotely with Lund with the fuel system and manifold, 93 and E85.
No change needed on my 93 tune that Sai Li had done a few months back ... It did make more HP with the Mak intake and fuel system but the tune was fine and needed no tweaking ... He checked my 93 tune on the dyno to make sure all was good , then we switched fuel and made me a brand new tune for the E85 ... Now I have both 93 and E85 tunes ..:thumbsup:

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Mark, looking at logs, how should normal fuel trims read vs trims when there is a boost leak somewhere?

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Long term trims should be at 1.00 or 0%. If you get long term trims that means the ecu has learned a trend in the short term trims. This can happen over time with things like dirty filters or clogged injectors.

Short term trims will fluctuate some as they are instant compensation to fuel, but they should be between .98-1.02 or +2/-2% when you take an average.

Because we only have a MAF sensor, you can use fuel trims to diagnose vacuum leaks or boost leaks. This is because either metered air is being lost or unmetered air is getting to the combustion chamber. You can break the intake system up at the throttle body. With engine running and the throttle body closed the intake will have a large vacuum on it. The intake tubing will only have a small vacuum on it. When engine is running and throttle is open the difference in vacuum in the intake lessens. This is the same If the engine is capable of boost.

To narrow down where the leak is in a boosted application you look for one of two separate conditions.
1.At idle If you are seeing positive fuel trims and negative fuel trims at WOT. Then the leak is after the throttle body.
2. At idle fuel trims look acceptable, but WOT they are negative then the leak is most likely before the throttle body.

If you have a hole before the MAF it won't show In logs. You would then need a throttle inlet pressure sensor to see where boost is getting up too compared to what it should be. In a turbo application the waste gate won't open until intake pressure is reached, with a leak it's easy to over spin the turbo/s and damage it/them.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Looks like I got my clean bill of health from Jon somewhat. " I see where it went a tad rich, but it looks like bank 2 is doing it more than Bank 1. Not really a big deal, but possibly spark plug or injector related. Doesn't look like spark blowout or anything. Maybe sticky injector? Hard to tell. May just need fresh plugs? Otherwise, knock sensor is fine and AFR as a whole is fine. "

As I read that I realized about 3 weeks ago while downshifting and stabbing the throttle I noticed a blinking CEL and power cut out. I let out immediately and scanned for codes but no codes, so it was a misfire, and occasionally at idle I do notice a slight pop I hear in the exhaust, so I do believe a fresh set of plugs is in order. So Im going to dyno in a couple weeks and just enjoy my car for a bit.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Best of luck on replacing plugs, keep us posted. Ask Lund about the long term fuel trims, if you want to. I would be interested in what he says about it.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe I just read 29 pages of this.

Takeaways:
- This community will do just about anything to help someone, even if they don't want to help themselves.
- PC Tech, I admire your patience. I'm not sure I could do it man.
- diablomatt is just a straight up good dude in every thread I see him in.

I'm heavily leaning PC for an over the winter install and I try to keep up on related posts. This ones been a doozy.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I would consider another tuner if I dont get anywhere with Lund or PC on the flatline problem etc, but I honestly (and forgive my ignorance) dont know who this Rob Shoemaker guy is. Ive been into Mustangs since about 07 with Doug at Bama , then Brent with Brenspeed, and now Lund, never once hear of Rob in all my years, so I dont really trust that sort of thing with "new" tuners that appear online.
Rob has been around for a while. He tunes out of a handful of shops and has kept a low profile per his preference. He is now being exposed a lot more due to his successes being posted on social media the last 3 years.

Sponsored

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
Rob has been around for a while. He tunes out of a handful of shops and has kept a low profile per his preference. He is now being exposed a lot more due to his successes being posted on social media the last 3 years.
Rob is also a lot more accessible. You're not sitting around waiting for office hours for your tuner to get back to you.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I would consider another tuner if I dont get anywhere with Lund or PC on the flatline problem etc, but I honestly (and forgive my ignorance) dont know who this Rob Shoemaker guy is. Ive been into Mustangs since about 07 with Doug at Bama , then Brent with Brenspeed, and now Lund, never once hear of Rob in all my years, so I dont really trust that sort of thing with "new" tuners that appear online.
Just search Facebook group for Rob. He is one the best Procharger tuners there is and he is out there helping people left a right with bad tunes. I'm giving Lund another shot to get this right, then I'm switching. Per Rob, I added Octane Booster and once it mixed with the gas, this car turned into a beast. That tells me the tune is not good if Octane Booster is making the car that much better. I shouldn't need to add Octane.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Just search Facebook group for Rob. He is one the best Procharger tuners there is and he is out there helping people left a right with bad tunes. I'm giving Lund another shot to get this right, then I'm switching. Per Rob, I added Octane Booster and once it mixed with the gas, this car turned into a beast. That tells me the tune is not good if Octane Booster is making the car that much better. I shouldn't need to add Octane.
It could just be your gas quality.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
It could just be your gas quality.
I will find out. Need to refill tomorrow and I'll find out. I doubt it though. I'd really like to just switch tuners if I can.

Jaehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
to procharger 6mt guys, do your cars go full lean off throttle? ever since install my car doesn't really engine brake.. when I go off throttle the car keeps running at stoich AFR. which i'm assuming is related to the rev hang issue i've been having.

weird thing is, if i wind it past 3k rpm the revs drop instantly at clutch in, and AFRs peg full lean. which is what it should be? but if i clutch in at 2800 rpm the car hangs revs like mad.

http://i.imgur.com/EV4JnlI.png
POWERPNT_2017-06-06_21-32-53.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments