Sponsored

Help, aftermarket setup sounds terrible.

OP
OP

Retroflect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I see you linked right to it, I have no idea why I asked. The frustration has gone to my head I guess. I'm going to order it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Retroflect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Alright, the harness and programmer are on the way! I haven't decided if I'll keep factory amp/sub combo or go aftermarket for that. I'm more interested in getting the speaker sound correct for now.
One other problem I have now is my alert tones and siri voice no longer play through the speakers, but through an aux speaker behind the steering wheel. I'm hoping the this time around we can fix that to how it used to be, which was play through all speakers. As it is now you can hardly hear the voice commands respond.
Thanks again for all your help thus far, I do feel more optimistic now.

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
You need to get the harness/programmer combo from oem first.Hook your new amp up with your new speakers.Leave the old amp connected the factory way to power the factory sub.Otherwise you need another amp for the subwoofer.Your headunit right now has the low level outputs.They just pulled the high levels from the factory amp,giving you a shitty sounding signal.
Hook his harness up to the rca's that are up front already,switch the amp to low level input,and reset the voltage on the amp with a test signal.Do all of that first.Then you can go on to loading the processor file and cleaning up some of the wiring.Baby steps.

Harness first,,,get that lc7 out of there and see how it sounds.Here is the link

http://www.infotainment.com/collect...ucts/ford-aftermarket-amplifier-audio-harness

If I already have a dedicated amp for my sub and separate 4channel amp for my speakers, where would I get the signal for the amp using this harness?

OP
OP

Retroflect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
If I already have a dedicated amp for my sub and separate 4channel amp for my speakers, where would I get the signal for the amp using this harness?
I would assume you'd plug the harness into the factory radio, and pull the signal straight from the RCA plugs to your aftermarket amp. That's how it reads on the site. But I'm also not the most knowledgeable.

Does anyone know how to solve the issue of the tones/alerts/siri/voice from phone calls only playing through the center speaker and not from all speakers like it should normally when stock?

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would assume you'd plug the harness into the factory radio, and pull the signal straight from the RCA plugs to your aftermarket amp. That's how it reads on the site. But I'm also not the most knowledgeable.

Does anyone know how to solve the issue of the tones/alerts/siri/voice from phone calls only playing through the center speaker and not from all speakers like it should normally when stock?
The center speaker is created at the amp so you'd have to introduce that signal to the new speakers post factor amp.

The RCA's only provide enough inputs for front/rear setup and not a sub which is why I asked where people were getting their signal for their aftermarket amp.

Sponsored

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
I think the solution is to add a "Y" RCA jumper to each of OEM's output RCA's . connect one of each Y to the sub amp and use the low pass filter on the sub amp to dial in the desired low frequency output to the sub and the gain on the sub amp to match/blend the subs desired output power.

Ramb

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the solution is to add a "Y" RCA jumper to each of OEM's output RCA's . connect one of each Y to the sub amp and use the low pass filter on the sub amp to dial in the desired low frequency output to the sub and the gain on the sub amp to match/blend the subs desired output power.

Ramb
Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I plan on doing once I receive the harness. Just ordered some Y cables

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
One other problem I have now is my alert tones and siri voice no longer play through the speakers, but through an aux speaker behind the steering wheel. I'm hoping the this time around we can fix that to how it used to be, which was play through all speakers. As it is now you can hardly hear the voice commands respond.
That is really weird. Mine never did that, but I never ran my setup with the factory amp.

I did no reprogramming of my headunit, I just removed the factory amp and went straight into the JBL MS8. The sound is phenomenal (all 6 speakers in the doors have their own amplifier channel).

I don't miss the rear speakers at all... not one bit.

OP
OP

Retroflect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I did no reprogramming of my headunit, I just removed the factory amp and went straight into the JBL MS8. The sound is phenomenal (all 6 speakers in the doors have their own amplifier channel).
I may go back and have them bypass the factory amp and go straight from the headunit to the processor for now. At least that would get rid of some of the stock processing being piped to my new amp. It's my understanding that I would lose both the center channel and sub since those signals are created by the factory amp. (Keeping the sub being the reason I kept the stock amp in the first place.)

The harness from infotainment that Racemaster linked http://www.infotainment.com/collections/installation-components/products/ford-aftermarket-amplifier-audio-harnessis unavailable currently. This is the email they sent Thank you for your recent order! Unfortunately this kit is back into engineering for our new version Genie which is expected to be released within the next 4-5 weeks.

So I'll have to do something until the new harness release as my sound is still currently awful.

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
you might check with OEMRadio regarding just the harness. since you have line level already. this will have some radio head processing (dynamic range compression) but this will be much better than amplifying the signal twice as you are doing currently, and should improve the sound significantly.
then when the module comes available, you can flash to get the flat output from the radio head to improve it even more.....

just my thoughts

Ramb
Sponsored