M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I'd like to see AWD too...but being realistic...it's not gonna happen
Interesting subject, agree not gonna happen w/the next gen GT500, but I wonder if this is something that will eventually make it's way onto American high-performance V8s in the future? If so the AWD option discussion will be better than a Camaro vs Mustang discussion on the 'net.
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Interesting subject, agree not gonna happen w/the next gen GT500, but I wonder if this is something that will eventually make it's way onto American high-performance V8s in the future? If so the AWD option discussion will be better than a Camaro vs Mustang discussion on the 'net.
I do agree it is unlikely to happen, but there has been much discussion about the front of the GT350 being a common design for AWD cars and that could have been produced knowing the halo mustang could be AWD. Again, I doubt it happens but it seems possible. I think it almost has to happen at some point with these insane HP numbers. It's just getting to the point that the power isn't usable.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So the OP just deleted all of his posts lol what a loser
<pssst> . . . (he missed one)

If the Challenger GT is a success, twin turbos will get them close to 500HP....I think they see where the market is headed.
Agreed, it is pretty lame to have started this topic and then not had the courage of his convictions to let it run its course. With or without his continued presence.

Time will tell whether the Mustang moves even further up-market by acquiring AWD. But I really hope that it doesn't. I'd like my grandkids (one of whom has been driving about 3 years including permit time) to have a decent shot at being able to own one. She drives stick, too.

Norm

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
<pssst> . . . (he missed one)

Agreed, it is pretty lame to have started this topic and then not had the courage of his convictions to let it run its course. With or without his continued presence.

Time will tell whether the Mustang moves even further up-market by acquiring AWD. But I really hope that it doesn't. I'd like my grandkids (one of whom has been driving about 3 years including permit time) to have a decent shot at being able to own one. She drives stick, too.

Norm
I don't see them moving to AWD unless it is for a halo mustang with 700+ HP and it just needs it to realistically put power down. All other mustangs I would expect to stay RWD.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
"Originally Posted by 13JFP View Post
Prices are getting out of control. A true Ford needs to be attainable for most people. An AWD GT500 with an auto transmission option, twin turbo V6, 500 horsepower, focus on weight reduction, 3.0-3.5 0-60, decent fuel mileage."

Unless it's as a status symbol, it's hard to believe that "most people" want a 500hp AWD car for the streets. It's challenging to enjoy a 300hp car with average speed limits and road conditions. Those who can use 500+ hp are few and far between and tend to mod their way there. Not saying that it shouldn't be an option, just that it exceeds the threshold of what needs to be attainable by the average person, rather than by true car enthusiasts who are willing to pay a bit more.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I will agree with the OP within the nature that prices are slowly creeping up. I'm more worried about the it's good enough people seeing the car as too expensive. We all know what happens then if the car loses it's main fizz... Mustang will either die or it'll be moved into a new high end category.

TBH I think ford was well aware of that, but sometimes being competitive makes you play the cards on the table huh...
Sponsored