Last edited:

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I think it would be the perfect time to bring back a Falcon. While the Focus is the hot FWD hatchback, a Falcon could be a smaller version of the Mustang.

Don't offer a V8, but maybe a hot V6, the Ecoboost 4 and make it a Sporty, Compact RWD Coupe. The Sport Compact segment used to be enormous, but manufacturers moved away from that market, probably due to costs.

There doesn't seem to be a modern-day equivalent to a Neon, Sunfire, Cavalier, Cobalt, and even the new Dart/200 is being discontinued!

Low(er) priced, fun, sporty, economical and practical. It's been done before!

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I think it would be the perfect time to bring back a Falcon. While the Focus is the hot FWD hatchback, a Falcon could be a smaller version of the Mustang.

Don't offer a V8, but maybe a hot V6, the Ecoboost 4 and make it a Sporty, Compact RWD Coupe. The Sport Compact segment used to be enormous, but manufacturers moved away from that market, probably due to costs.

There doesn't seem to be a modern-day equivalent to a Neon, Sunfire, Cavalier, Cobalt, and even the new Dart/200 is being discontinued!

Low(er) priced, fun, sporty, economical and practical. It's been done before!
I was/am a big fan of the falcon. I think the uphill climb on something like this is that the japanese totally dominate this segment and every time an american car company comes out with something it just gets crushed by the corolla/civic. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying that it seems to be a really tough nut to crack.

Sponsored

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
:tsk::rant:To me the thought of an AWD mustang is beyond stupid and ridiculous!!The mustang is not that type of car.Any fool could have told you that.There is no reason for FORD to chase ouwee or any other company.If FORD built a special mustang that had 1000hp from the factory,and only 1000 would be made,guess what they would all get sold.On another note,if the right change does not come guess what ALL of the many different car companies that are out there,some of them are gonna go under because basic paying jobs and millions out of work will not justify all of the companies that are out there now.I do think all of this electric car crap is just that crap.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Funny thing is around 9-10 years ago I posted on another forum that a 300HP mustang getting 30mpg highway for 30 grand would be awesome. Got flamed big time. I wasn't too far off. $65,000 garage queen Mustangs are not the future.
10 years ago was 2007. were you aware that the camaro and trans ams even with the LT1 were 300 (well 275 in 93,285 97,305 hp ss/ws6 96+) hp and getting 29-30+ mpg back in 1993 :shrug:

I agree the hp wars are getting stupid and almost unuseable on the street. I have felt for almost 2 decades its stupid to want over 650 hp on the street yet every dick tom and harry are boosting ls/coyotes to 1000 rwhp making them unuseable straight line short distance limited vehicles.
Its reaching a point where a regular person wanting a mustang simply doesnt need 500 hp at his disposal but then again thats where the ecoturd comes into play. I feel the future will include pcm controlled throttle limiting tuning per gear that would allow wot and the fastest acceleration in each of the first few gears to control wheelspin vs todays spin-then-pull-back throttle traction control systems. almsot like boost limiting features found in turbo setups nowadays. Its the only way to put power down and get faster without going awd

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
Dual Pulley Audi S4 ....4,100 pounds, used low miles CPO for $45k, 2-3k for mods, 0-60 = 3.6-3.9 secs...low 11 s quarter mile, 28 mpg highway. Get the picture. U guys need to look around. Show me daily driven in the winter GT350 that somebody paid 50k for
40k for a used gt500 or zo6 vette and you have 10k left over to make up the fuel difference over the time of ownership. Also who cares about a cpo warranty on the audi when you mod it and void the hell out of the coverage?

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
If Ford is going AWD with the GT500 it needs to be over 700hp otherwise why bother. Going AWD would tell me one thing, they are going after the Nissan GT-R at a fraction of the price. Otherwise, staying RWD they would be competing with the ZL1 and Hellcat Demon.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
If Ford is going AWD with the GT500 it needs to be over 700hp otherwise why bother. Going AWD would tell me one thing, they are going after the Nissan GT-R at a fraction of the price. Otherwise, staying RWD they would be competing with the ZL1 and Hellcat Demon.
That's what I say. If your going to do it, go big and go for the next tier. It'd be way more then 50k, probably 75-80k to start.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've been thinking that the GT500 will be about $65K to start and most likely the most popular build with options will be in the $75K range. The GT350 has the $55K to $65K range covered.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'd like to see AWD too...but being realistic...it's not gonna happen
Sponsored