Sponsored

Count Down to Detroit Auto Show 2017!!

BigMuscle

As for the idea of competing with the ZL1 with a V-6 when muscle car buyers love their naturally aspirated V-8s, Nair said that might be true for some buyers but not all. “I think we’ve shown with our EcoBoost technologies, in the F-150 and in the Ford GT, that you can deliver the performance and the technology, and they appreciate it.”
The next GT500 might be an EcoBoost.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I didn't learn anything from that interview other than the waitlist for the GT. The info on a potential GT500 was useless.
I posted in the other thread, but he dropped enough info that we can deduce a 2019 model GT350. At least from the most current up to date rumours.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Good to hear the 5.2 Voodoo has great potential to produce more horsepower. Maybe Ford will find a way to double production of the GT350R for the 2019 model year.

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Talk about a poker face. Looks like they are not going to give us anything tell it drops!!
Sucks much!!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
By saying "this engine" I don't think he necessarily means flat plane crank. 5.2 in general. I bet anything we see a 5.2 CPC supercharged car soon. Would love to see a twin turbo but it doesn't sound promising other than possibly a v6. I'll take a v6 TT in my truck but ain't no possible way I'm buying a v6 tt in mustang. We'll see soon enough.

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
By saying "this engine" I don't think he necessarily means flat plane crank. 5.2 in general. I bet anything we see a 5.2 CPC supercharged car soon. Would love to see a twin turbo but it doesn't sound promising other than possibly a v6. I'll take a v6 TT in my truck but ain't no possible way I'm buying a v6 tt in mustang. We'll see soon enough.
Hope you are right! I don't care supercharged or turbo I'm good either way! I think they have invested to much in turbo technology to go with a SC? Doesn't seem to fit in the line up to me! Time will tell. I just hope a short time!

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Nair referred to the engine currently in the GT350 has not reached its full horsepower limit. He did not mention a derivative of the GT350 engine. I think Ford wants to take the FPC engine to the next level and show the capabilities of their engineers to be at the forefront of engine design.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Nair referred to the engine currently in the GT350 has not reached its full horsepower limit. He did not mention a derivative of the GT350 engine. I think Ford wants to take the FPC engine to the next level and show the capabilities of their engineers to be at the forefront of engine design.
Yeah well good luck because what you see is what you get. The voodoo is not going to get any enhancements.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Wait... did somebody say the GT350 and the Flat Plane Voodoo was on the hook until 2019?

No way... can't be true...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The GT500 will use a Hot V turbo configuration most likely inspired by the PowerStroke. I'm not 100% convinced it is a "Twin" turbo at all. It was brought to their attention that they probably tested a lot of engines, from Supercharged to Turbo.

The UAW Contract does state that there are upgrades incoming for the Voodoo FPC V8. Some things to look at;

1.) Direct/Port Injection (30-40hp)
2.) Equal Shorties
3.) Cams, Valves and Heads
4.) Lighter Crankshaft

The GT500 should be a 5.2 PTWA Coyote with a Hot V BiTurbo and Direct/Port Injection. If each spool feeds a bank then it could be a Twin... if it's two turbos feeding all 8, it's technically a BiT. I highly doubt anything but a Hot V BiT or Twin turbo will feed the 5.2 (or 5.4 ;) )

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yeah well good luck because what you see is what you get. The voodoo is not going to get any enhancements.
Actually, that isn't true. Here is a link to the UAW Contract signed in November 2015. It states the 5.2 will continue with upgrade.

https://uaw.org/app/uploads/2015/11...th-numbers-p24-headings-page-6-charts-p25.pdf

If the GT500 is using a Hot V configuration, it means the heads function will be swapped. It is possible that the Direct/Port Injection destined for the 5.0 Coyote makes its appearance on the Voodoo/5.2 CPC siblings. It's more than likely that the Direct/Port Injection is shared with the GT350 and GT500 to save cost.

Apparently, there is quite a bit left on the table with the Voodoo.