Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good grief, even LeftLaneNews are reporting this now........but what's even more bizarre is even they admit "Details extracted from the side may not reflect reality, as the revamped GT500 has been widely expected to arrive for the 2018 refresh -- not for the 2017 model year"

So, "here's some news that isn't really news because it's unlikely to be true"

:frusty:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-website-slips-gt500-page-hints-at-58-liter-v8-93538.html

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
On the twin turbo subject, what are they going to do about packaging if they go with a V8 TT offering? Yes we have a lot of twin turbo cars set up on the aftermarket but those housing locations are not very realistic for OEM type of packaging considering cost, emissions, serviceability etc etc.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
On the twin turbo subject, what are they going to do about packaging if they go with a V8 TT offering? Yes we have a lot of twin turbo cars set up on the aftermarket but those housing locations are not very realistic for OEM type of packaging considering cost, emissions, serviceability etc etc.
Whilst I'd welcome a TT setup, I honestly think we'll be seeing a supercharged 5.0 or, more likely, 5.2 CPC V8.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Whilst I'd welcome a TT setup, I honestly think we'll be seeing a supercharged 5.0 or, more likely, 5.2 CPC V8.
I think a blown 5.0 would be product cannibalization and would make R&D too cloudy within the same engine platform, DESPITE the fact that we saw it with the Road Runner in '12 and '13 with the Boss. That being said, it wasn't completely illicit since we saw Boss 302 parts migrate to the 2nd gen Coyote. Being a halo car, I think it'll need to stick out more than 5 liters. And yet even though the 5.2 Aluminator is out there, I think that may have been an exercise for R&D for the next Halo car too. I wouldn't be surprised to see even MORE displacement. Condor, Round 2? Lower deck to accommodate a blower and hood clearance? Big bore, small stroke, lots of RPM? And for chrissake, please do something about the weight. I love my 350 but the fact that it's scratching the ball hairs of 3800lbs is just ridiculous for a car that was focused on "light weighting and balance."

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I two am really hoping for the TT as well! With all the work Ford is doing with the Ecoboost stuff I can't understand making your flagship muscle car supercharged.
Also it would really stand out from the Hellcat/ZL1 crowd!!! Come on Twins!!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
With all the work Ford is doing with the Ecoboost stuff I can't understand making your flagship muscle car supercharged.
Also it would really stand out from the Hellcat/ZL1 crowd!!! Come on Twins!!
By that logic, it would have the 2nd Gen 3.5L EcoBoost yanked from the GT. Oh the uproar...

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
By that logic, it would have the 2nd Gen 3.5L EcoBoost yanked from the GT. Oh the uproar...
Possible. If it keeps the weight down and makes the power bring it on! It's called progress. It you could combine with AWD it would be a world beater! Either way I'm down! I mean having the same engine as a 600k super car would not kill me!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Possible. If it keeps the weight down and makes the power bring it on! It's called progress. It you could combine with AWD it would be a world beater! Either way I'm down! I mean having the same engine as a 600k super car would not kill me!
I definitely don't see AWD. I don't think that chassis can support an AWD system. Just look underneath the car to see all of the complications they'd have.

Cobra331a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Mustang GT Y trim, 99 Lightning
Just give us something to chew on... Ive actually been considering a ZL1 and I havent owned a Chevy since my first vehicle back in 1988... Im trying to hold out but my old Lightning is getting tired. If I at least knew it was coming I could hold off for a bit longer. I did see where an Ohio dealer is selling 727hp SC GT's for $40k+. Its interesting at least. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...d-new-727-hp-supercharged-mustangs-for-40000/

Sponsored

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
:cheers::lol::ford::clap2:If the 5.8 returns i expect it to be in the following.
1.GT500
2.FUTURE LIGHTNING
3.FUTURE 4 DOOR CHARGER FIGHTER
4. FUTURE LINCOLN RATTLELAC CTS-V KILLER
5.POSSIBLE GT500 KR

rfrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 White/Blue Track Pack
4.6 Liter TT V6 anyone?

If we are just speculating here.