Sponsored

The new GT500 will have some serious competition...

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Actually it's pretty dang impressive in s straight line.

It's got power, traction, and a transmission that hammers out shifts like no tomorrow.

That said, the GT500 should stomp all over it.

Again.
We have different definitions of the word "impressive". 100-150 in 10-11 seconds isn't impressive.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Most people don't refer to top speeds achieved on Nordschleife's straightaway as "Trap Speeds" since there is no official or consistent "trap" at Antoniusbuche or Tiergarten.

"Trap Speeds" are commonly used for the speed achieved through the "Trap" in the 1/4 mile.

By the way: What is "Gring"?
+1. I don't know why people are bustin balls here.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I am destined to believe some people just love to piss and moan about meaningless crap... to each his own.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
What a car does at the road track is irrelevant because most Americans will never go to a road course. The zl1 is a bad ass machine no doubt and ford has no match for it. If there is markup like the was when i was selling camaro's when the zl1 1st came out, then you can expect a price upwards of 75k, the cost of 2 mustangs...id rather have a 2014 gt 500 then the zl1...you can get 1 for $55k..

Last edited:
OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Agreed.

One who knows the demands of the N'gring and how a car places in time there understands it's capabilities amongst a formidable class of machinery. That being said, it has absolutely zero bearing on how a car will perform on a dragstrip here in America.

That ZL1 is a beast indeed, but it can't afford an ADM... I'd much rather splurge on a Grandsport than a ZL1, as I have a friend who just got one for $59k.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
We have different definitions of the word "impressive". 100-150 in 10-11 seconds isn't impressive.
Is that from the Z06 with Z07 package? It's not the engine, its the ridiculous amount of aero and downforce causing drag at high mph. The Z06 isn't the greatest above 125 but pulls like crazy to there. They are running mid-high 10's bone stock.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Does anyone know the ZL1's 60-foot at the E-g-nring?
I swear of all the people on here, only you love to keep shit going. You sir are the most annoying member of the forum. Congratulations here's your reward :dnftt:

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is that from the Z06 with Z07 package? It's not the engine, its the ridiculous amount of aero and downforce causing drag at high mph. The Z06 isn't the greatest above 125 but pulls like crazy to there. They are running mid-high 10's bone stock.
That 10-11+ second range is for any iteration (Z06 or ZL1, auto or manual, Z06 w/ Z07, etc).

Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I swear of all the people on here, only you love to keep shit going. You sir are the most annoying member of the forum. Congratulations here's your reward :dnftt:
You have no sense of humor.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You have no sense of humor.
Actually Lee majors, aka fall guy. I do. The point is you take everything serious. When DrumReaper said Gring you knew exactly what he meant. Instead you wanted to play dumb. Or was it playing? Hmmmmm:shrug:

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Actually Lee majors, aka fall guy. I do. The point is you take everything serious. When DrumReaper said Gring you knew exactly what he meant. Instead you wanted to play dumb. Or was it playing? Hmmmmm:shrug:
Mr. McKinney, I assumed he meant the Nordschliefe but I sincerely didn't know what the "G" was for. Your instigation turned it into an issue.

Drum seemed to have a bit of a sense of humor with his "N'gring" comment and I was poking fun of the "trap speed" confusion by talking about 60-foot times at the ring. I suggest you find one, this isn't serious business...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Mr. McKinney, I assumed he meant the Nordschliefe but I sincerely didn't know what the "G" was for. Your instigation turned it into an issue.

Drum seemed to have a bit of a sense of humor with his "N'gring" comment and I was poking fun of the "trap speed" confusion by talking about 60-foot times at the ring. I suggest you find one, this isn't serious business...
Do you know who Lee majors is?

The ignore feature is beautiful.
Sponsored