Sponsored

When will we see the new GT500?

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I just got rid of my 2016 GT350 Tech and am on the fence about buying a 2017 or just waiting out the winter to see if anyone is going to drop any info on the 2018 (whether it be a GT350, GT500, etc). I looked into a custom allocation here and they are all gone. Whats out/ordered is now out/ordered here in Canada.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I have a fairly "strong" feeling we will be seeing the new powerhouse for Ford unveiled in January as a 2019 model year. Also I don't know how many of you saw or read about the new Eaton tvs r2650 rotor pack they unveiled at sema but I also have a strong suspicion that it will find its way into the mix also. With all this I'd venture as to say it'll be a 750-800 hp car.
I really hope not! I surely don't see Ford letting the ZL1/Hellcat be on top for 2 more years. Hoping for a debut a lot sooner than that!!!

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT Premium
My info is coming from a pretty reliable source so it would surprise me if they start taking orders any earlier than the 4th quarter of '17 or 1st of '18. The new engine is supposedly code named "Predator" also.

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Being able to at least order next year wouldn't be to bad! Any info on the rumors of AWD? So are you thinking it will be a 2018 model?

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Being able to at least order next year wouldn't be to bad! Any info on the rumors of AWD? So are you thinking it will be a 2018 model?
You should be able to order at the absolute earliest the end of next year / beginning of 2018, everything I've heard points to it being a 2019 model year car. No rumors on the awd, I honestly do not see a chance of that happening, the focus rs already fills that slot and that's not what this car is "about" if you know what I'm trying to say.

Sponsored

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I'd be very surprised if they actually use that code name in this day and age.
Be prepared to become very surprised come the first of the year...lol

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Be prepared to become very surprised come the first of the year...lol[/QUOTe

I just hope we're not surprised at the beginning of the year when it doesn't show!! :headbonk::brokenheart:

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Well...as long as somebody somewhere is surprised about something surprising then, surprisingly, I've done my job!

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I have a fairly "strong" feeling we will be seeing the new powerhouse for Ford unveiled in January as a 2019 model year. Also I don't know how many of you saw or read about the new Eaton tvs r2650 rotor pack they unveiled at sema but I also have a strong suspicion that it will find its way into the mix also. With all this I'd venture as to say it'll be a 750-800 hp car.

The only thing I'm not convinced about is the timing you've indicated. January (Detroit) is likely when we'll see the '18MY facelifted V6/Ecoboost/GT, so I'd be VERY surprised if they launched a '19MY GT500 at the same show. Now, showing it in January 2018 as a '19MY would be more like it.

Unless, of course, Ford decides to launch the facelifted cooking versions at LA in a few weeks, but I still think January 2017 is too early for them to reveal a '19MY GT500.

I can buy into everything else you've posted though :)

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
The only thing I'm not convinced about is the timing you've indicated. January (Detroit) is likely when we'll see the '18MY facelifted V6/Ecoboost/GT, so I'd be VERY surprised if they launched a '19MY GT500 at the same show. Now, showing it in January 2018 as a '19MY would be more like it.

Unless, of course, Ford decides to launch the facelifted cooking versions at LA in a few weeks, but I still think January 2017 is too early for them to reveal a '19MY GT500.

I can buy into everything else you've posted though :)
I wouldn't have believed it either honestly but all I'm doing is reiterating what one of my close friends told me and he is a engineer with a company that manufactures "items" for Ford. In other words I would honestly believe everything he told me before I would believe a lot of the kind of far fetched things that have came about from this thread. Take it with a grain of salt, I just hope it all actually ends up being truthful, I guess we'll find out soon enough!! :headbang:

OP
OP
GT500TT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I'm with you. I hope sooner than later! Just ready to see this beast and get one ordered!!!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Well...as long as somebody somewhere is surprised about something surprising then, surprisingly, I've done my job!
Yeah,....I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

:lol: :lol:
Sponsored