Sponsored

GT500 Dealer Allocations

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
Received a call from a dealer in Oklahoma today. I had tried to buy a GT350r from them and we got on the topic of the GT500. Anyway, he told me that he was informed by his rep yesterday that dealer allocations for the GT500 were going to be handed out in late August. I am #1 on their list, so definitely interested. Also, even if they would have had an R, this is a non-ADM dealership.

Anyone else hearing anything from their dealers on the GT500?
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck. I hope they don't play games with you.

OP
OP

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Games? Also, just to make sure, I called the dealer that I got my 350r from and they said they will have an allocation as well. Maybe the GT500 will be produced more heavily than the 350 so ADM won't be an issue at all.

OP
OP

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do think that one positive part of this is that we should soon know what ford has in store for us if the Dealers are already going to receive allocations.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm a little surprised (OK, call me cynical ;) ) that dealers would have been told about a car that, in theory, doesn't actually exist yet.

I wonder if any other dealers can confirm this.

Sponsored

OP
OP

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know what you find out. Hopefully more call to confirm.

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Maybe the GT500 will be produced more heavily than the 350 so ADM won't be an issue at all.
I think history has shown that any new car that has sufficient pent up demand will always have at least some dealers tacking on ADM. Hopefully it dissipates fairly quickly.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I've got a request into my dealer...
So what does this mean exactly? To me it means nothing.

For example, my local dodge dealer has me on their Hellcat Cherokee list as first.

They took all my info, put me in the system. They didn't need a deposit and said they'd honour my first position for denial (they called it).

Anyway this means to me the vehicle doesn't even exist yet, let alone dealers knowing anything about them.

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat

For example, my local dodge dealer has me on their Hellcat Cherokee list as first.

They took all my info, put me in the system. They didn't need a deposit and said they'd honour my first position for denial (they called it).

Anyway this means to me the vehicle doesn't even exist yet, let alone dealers knowing anything about them.
Well, the key (albeit unconfirmed) info at the start of this thread is that Ford will supposedly be handing out allocations for GT500s in late August. That's very different from dealers creating informal waiting lists for future vehicles.

That said, I'm skeptical to the point of discounting this unless we hear confirmation from other dealers. It's ALREADY late August, which means if OP's info is right that allocations are only a week or so away at most. I've never heard of any major car company releasing a highly anticipated car with zero PR ahead of time. Unless Ford normally assigns allocations way, way earlier than Dodge or Chevy do, I don't see how this can be true.

Look at the ZL1. They have already produced many, many preproduction cars and they're turning up at special events. But regular production hasn't begun and the order banks aren't open and no allocations have been handed out.

Or does Ford typically do PR badly? I know for the Hellcats, they built up a huge amount of excitement by carefully releasing information over the course of months, waaaayyy before the cars were made. Same with Chevy -- remember how they did stuff like just release the hood badge of the C7 Vette way ahead of time? Or look at the slow trickle of info about the ZL1.

The fact that Ford hasn't even officially acknowledged that the GT500 even exists yet makes me incredibly skeptical of the claim that dealer allocations are only a week away. We sure as heck knew about the GT350 and the Focus RS way before allocations were handed out.

The only way I can see this being credible is if the dealer was talking about August '17, not this month. But I can't see how a miscommunication that monumental could've happened.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Well, the key (albeit unconfirmed) info at the start of this thread is that Ford will supposedly be handing out allocations for GT500s in late August. That's very different from dealers creating informal waiting lists for future vehicles.

That said, I'm skeptical to the point of discounting this unless we hear confirmation from other dealers. It's ALREADY late August, which means if OP's info is right that allocations are only a week or so away at most. I've never heard of any major car company releasing a highly anticipated car with zero PR ahead of time. Unless Ford normally assigns allocations way, way earlier than Dodge or Chevy do, I don't see how this can be true.

Look at the ZL1. They have already produced many, many preproduction cars and they're turning up at special events. But regular production hasn't begun and the order banks aren't open and no allocations have been handed out.

Or does Ford typically do PR badly? I know for the Hellcats, they built up a huge amount of excitement by carefully releasing information over the course of months, waaaayyy before the cars were made. Same with Chevy -- remember how they did stuff like just release the hood badge of the C7 Vette way ahead of time? Or look at the slow trickle of info about the ZL1.

The fact that Ford hasn't even officially acknowledged that the GT500 even exists yet makes me incredibly skeptical of the claim that dealer allocations are only a week away. We sure as heck knew about the GT350 and the Focus RS way before allocations were handed out.

The only way I can see this being credible is if the dealer was talking about August '17, not this month. But I can't see how a miscommunication that monumental could've happened.
Yes, that was well said. I'll give my contact a call tomorrow and see what happens. My dealer where I live is a massive SVT dealer and had 30+ non-R and 3 or 4 Rs for the '16 year. They'll be in the know if allocations are being handed out.

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Yes, that was well said. I'll give my contact a call tomorrow and see what happens. My dealer where I live is a massive SVT dealer and had 30+ non-R and 3 or 4 Rs for the '16 year. They'll be in the know if allocations are being handed out.
Don't get me wrong, I'm praying you're right! :D

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

What that means is that I asked my dealer contact if they have a 500 allocation yet, or if they can verify that allocations are indeed being handed out already.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
I'm just going to ask my Mom because she knows just as much as dealers do about the GT500.