Tomtop Unit Fixes

Jcode68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
1968 DHG Fastback and 2019 DHG Bullitt
How many people have an error that either reboots the tomtop or freezes it daily?
I have not seen this error. I've only had the tomtop since December though.

Justin
Sponsored

Nilous357

Mustang Noobie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I turn my car on. The unit goes to the WinCE screen right away. From there I am able to access the SD Card and choose the iGO maps and whatever else is on that USB. However, I am not able to play music or any sort. None of the buttons on the car works.

I have been reading about and autostart.inf file but I can't seem to find it.

I just want it to be returned back to normal and then updated it to the newest version that has been posted on stangatx.tk

I removed all files from the SD and installed the Orignal Unit Files from stangatx.tk but it still just boots up to WinCE. Any ideas on what I need to do to just get it back to normal?

I do try navigating the WinCE to see what settings maybe were turned off or whatever the case and its hard since it's in Chinese.

Any Assistance would be great!
1.jpg
2.jpg

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
When I turn my car on. The unit goes to the WinCE screen right away. From there I am able to access the SD Card and choose the iGO maps and whatever else is on that USB. However, I am not able to play music or any sort. None of the buttons on the car works.

I have been reading about and autostart.inf file but I can't seem to find it.

I just want it to be returned back to normal and then updated it to the newest version that has been posted on stangatx.tk

I removed all files from the SD and installed the Orignal Unit Files from stangatx.tk but it still just boots up to WinCE. Any ideas on what I need to do to just get it back to normal?

I do try navigating the WinCE to see what settings maybe were turned off or whatever the case and its hard since it's in Chinese.

Any Assistance would be great!
Try a different SDCard (Make sure it flashes correctly). Also, Try to redownload it from the same or another computer.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
will you ever write up how to make wince into English on the tomtop unit

Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION]

So are you just completely done attempting to tweak this unit? I was really hopeful that some things were going to be ironed out and improved, but now everyone is jumping all over the Tesla style unit. I personally can't stand the look of that unit aesthetically and much prefer this closer to stock look so it'd be a shame if you abandoned it. Please don't leave us TomTop users out in the cold :cheers:

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION]

So are you just completely done attempting to tweak this unit? I was really hopeful that some things were going to be ironed out and improved, but now everyone is jumping all over the Tesla style unit. I personally can't stand the look of that unit aesthetically and much prefer this closer to stock look so it'd be a shame if you abandoned it. Please don't leave us TomTop users out in the cold :cheers:
No, I'm not done with the unit. It's actually on my test bench for testing. Some functions are hard to try due to don't have it connected to the car. I was hoping to bring Android to it but the unit specs are too damn low to run it... I have the WiFi working on it but it's not persistent (Need to install it at every reboot).

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Sync 3 theme please! That's what I've been patiently waiting for and the main reason why when I saw that picture posted many pages ago, I jumped on this.

I assume all of these units in the market (Moddiction, TomTop, Sintegrate, etc.) are the same with some minor differences and software. I'm pretty good with "electonicals" and would try myself but not good enough to do the stuff StangATX has accomplished.

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
The unit is not like any other unit out there the moddiction and tesla and the best hardware specd units right now. Software wise this thing is a nightmare to work with

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Does anyone have any OS restore files, my unit randomly freezes after Chinese error pops up.

Sponsored

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
The unit is not like any other unit out there the moddiction and tesla and the best hardware specd units right now. Software wise this thing is a nightmare to work with
Dang that's crazy cause a lot of the Moddiction peeps seem to have their fair share of issues as well and a few of those issues seem to be similar to the TomTop units.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I think I have a fix for the "Initialize SYNC system!" at startup some people are having. The issue is with the largest port connection to the sync module. It has this swing arm that latches the plug in place. I got the error and after thinking through it, it's not that sync was malfunctioning, it's that it wasn't starting. So I took the module back out and re-did the plug ins. Two are basically micro USB plugs and they're easy. But that big one needs to be pressed in very very firmly with the swing arm out, then once it's in place bring the arm down to tighten it even more. I did that and restarted the unit and sync works just fine now.

club718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Quick question I did The One Connect Fix With The July Build. And now I have The Chinese Play Pause Button in Chinese Again. I tried Reflashing It But Its Still There. Plus Wednesday Now Appears Wednesdatta What The Hick Any Idea How To Fix This Anyone? Thanks

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Quick question I did The One Connect Fix With The July Build. And now I have The Chinese Play Pause Button in Chinese Again. I tried Reflashing It But Its Still There. Plus Wednesday Now Appears Wednesdatta What The Hick Any Idea How To Fix This Anyone? Thanks
AFAIK we're still waiting on a fix for the date/time issue; that's a known problem, and the misspellings are kind of silly.

As far as the "one Connected" bug, when you flashed that fix you also overwrote [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] 's file that fixed the Chinese button. There's presently no one-stop refix for this. You'd have to extract the relevant XML from the build, change "one Connected" to "Connected," and then reflash it.

Or just live with it (for now at least).

club718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
thanks again for the fast reply. yeah I could live with it. A big thanks to stang atx for his effort in trying to get the bugs out of this unit!
Sponsored