Sponsored

3.5L High Ouput Tune & 10 Speed

LSC5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Mark VII LSC Special Edition
I think it's evident from the spy videos and shots that this will likely be a v8 car. Assuming the spied car isn't just sporting the 2018 MY mechanic upgrades for the GT

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Like others have I said, I'll be surprised if a new Mach 1 (if they're actually designing one) has any big changes. It would probably just be an appearance package, and a few minor V8 engine bolt-ons and a different exhaust.

I think it's weird that some people on here are under the impression that Ford is going to take the time and resources to make 2 or 3 more performance variations of the current S550 (Mach 1, Bullitt, GT500, Boss 302) in addition to the existing GT350 & 350R. I think we might get ONE more variation before the S650 debuts, probably shortly after the (assumed) 2018 refresh.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Like others have I said, I'll be surprised if a new Mach 1 (if they're actually designing one) has any big changes. It would probably just be an appearance package, and a few minor V8 engine bolt-ons and a different exhaust.

I think it's weird that some people on here are under the impression that Ford is going to take the time and resources to make 2 or 3 more performance variations of the current S550 (Mach 1, Bullitt, GT500, Boss 302) in addition to the existing GT350 & 350R. I think we might get ONE more variation before the S650 debuts, probably shortly after the (assumed) 2018 refresh.
The gt500 replacement is coming. What it will be called hasn't been revealed.

It would be interesting if the Mach 1 name was used on a Cobra/GT500 caliber car.

But most believe there will be a Mach 1 that takes over for the gt350. We won't see another Boss 302 this gen.

With Chevy about to have every performance level available at once, it will be interesting to see if Ford does the same. If they drop the gt350 in '18, it would leave a glaring hole in the lineup. the speculation is that the Mach 1 fills that slot.

Be interesting to see how it plays out.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I for one love my 3.5l Eco. Full bolt ons and a dyno tune make it a torque monster in my f150 (400/530 rw). In the GT with aux fueling and larger turbos it would make for a fun car.

The only porblem is that damn exhaust note...

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
still looks better than the new Camaro
I agree...
but I have been hearing talk that the Mach1 might be slotted to compete with the new version of the 1LE.

The 1LE package on the Camaro will be available on both the V6 and the V8 models...which might lend some credence to the idea that Ford could offer this on the Ecoboost 4cyl (since this is the comparable model to the Camaro's V6 trim level) in addition to a V8 model.

Obviously lots of guessing here.

I've officially started socking away cash for a Mach1. My S197 has been nothing short of spectacular so the bar is set pretty high. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something at least as special ad capable as the Camaro SS 1LE.
Sponsored