Sponsored

The Next GT 500: RWD V8 or AWD V8?

Should the GT500 stay with RWD or move onto AWD?

• Total voters

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Ford should have an AWD with Lincoln badge and would put the price in range with luxury sport cars, A.M, Jag etc..
Sponsored

OP
OP
FordBlueHeart

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
The 10 speed auto is a MUST. I'm guessing Filord will sell many more of those than the manual. It's both faster for those who actually use the car as intended as well as more convenient for those times in rush hour for those who enjoy the car often.

Leaving it out while the comp is doing it is asinine.

It's going to happen.

Enough of the Luddite thinking of a few holding the king of the pony are back.

Awd or no isn't as much a need as the auto.

Let's be real for a moment. The auto will allow for better performance period. If you want to shift it yourself regardless of speed penalty, cool. Then check that box. Meanwhile the rest will get the performance they want.

Everyone wins.

An awd KR trim certainly wouldn't hurt matters.
Luddite seems to be a favorite word of yours...

Hmmm, King Ranch edition, kewl

:popcorn:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The 10 speed auto is a MUST. I'm guessing Filord will sell many more of those than the manual. It's both faster for those who actually use the car as intended as well as more convenient for those times in rush hour for those who enjoy the car often.

Leaving it out while the comp is doing it is asinine.

It's going to happen.

Enough of the Luddite thinking of a few holding the king of the pony are back.

Awd or no isn't as much a need as the auto.

Let's be real for a moment. The auto will allow for better performance period. If you want to shift it yourself regardless of speed penalty, cool. Then check that box. Meanwhile the rest will get the performance they want.

Everyone wins.

An awd KR trim certainly wouldn't hurt matters.
As an enthusiast I agree that it would be great to see Ford build an automatic option and sell more GT500s. I'm not going to buy one, but I think a lot of people would.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Luddite seems to be a favorite word of yours...

Hmmm, King Ranch edition, kewl

:popcorn:
Lol

If the shoe fits...

So surprising to see some opposed to a good thing.

I can imagine the shock when microwave ovens were introduced.

"Not in my house!"

Years later, after all the neighbors and freind and family have them, they finally give in and wonder what took them so long.

It's not going to do away with the manual. It's offering an option.

And options are one of the things that made the Musyang so attractive from the beginning. It keeps with the spirit of what Musyang is about.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
The GT500 will never ever ever be an auto or All Wheel Drive. The Mustang Platform is designed as a fun v8 muscle car. This is a Mustang... The specialty model's is a name your paying for.

You can make a rear wheel drive car handle, perform and out due all wheel drive's as well.

This was a huge debate back in 03-04 when the Cobra came out because they started using Mustangs in drifting competitions. But to this day, the design has shown itself.
People said the same thing regarding the Auto when the C5 and C6 Z06s came out. Can see what happened on the C7 platform and it is selling very well.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Shelby American sell the S550 based GT and Super Snake with the current 6-speed auto.

GM have already shown the Camaro ZL1 with the new 10-speed auto.......so I'll be very disappointed if Ford don't give the 10-speed auto option with the GT500. And I'm not a drag racer......

:)
Bada boom, bada Bing.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
From what I have read AWD is worth the added weight, I don't believe it's responsible to put 700+ HP in to a car and not put AWD on it. If Ford puts AWD into a GT500 it'll be a sub 3 second 0-60, car and would be able to embarrass the Corvette and the ZL1, I think they should do it and I believe they will.
Yes they'll have to deal with weight issues, perhaps they will need add a transaxle, Corvette has had one for years.

If Ford puts a TT V6 in a Mustang as it's top engine I will officially become a BMW fan. (I almost typed Camaro, after I got back from kneeling over the toilet I decided on BMW, at least it's a gorgeous chick magnet even if it's a POS, more than the Camaro can say (trailer park chick magnet).
Sponsored