And it just got its own section!

OP
OP

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Who is doing this? Do we have confirmation? Stop toying with my emotions.!:rant:

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YyyyyAayyy

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
2017???? Seriously? I'm seriously going to be sick. I just picked up a 2016 GT/CS thinking we were a few years out especially with latest info being released about the 2017 concerning color changes and a few other smaller things. Son of a *****!

Hopefully it will be at least a 2-3 year run......

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
2017???? Seriously? I'm seriously going to be sick. I just picked up a 2016 GT/CS thinking we were a few years out especially with latest info being released about the 2017 concerning color changes and a few other smaller things. Son of a *****!

If it makes you feel better i was waiting about 2.5 months just to get my build date today. No turning back now i guess, plus none of the 2017 colors really appeal to me :shrug: :frusty:

It will still be interesting to see what this is, a warmed over coyote? gt/cs is already a cosmetic pack so I dont see it just being that. Price will be interesting too as I will use that to convince myself that even $100 over what i paid would be too rich for my blood.;)

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

Seriously. I'm about to take delivery in a couple of weekends. Will be really bummed if I missed out on something I wanted.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
There is no Mach 1 planned for the 2017 model year. Could very well arrive in the 2018 model year, but definitely not going to be a 2017!

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
There is no Mach 1 planned for the 2017 model year. Could very well arrive in the 2018 model year, but definitely not going to be a 2017!
i would love to think i would of waited for 2018 but i know i cannot and am in a good place now. Though it would of been nice to grab one to match my dad's past 1973 mach 1, 45 years later

Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brian,

With all due respect as I know you give some great information on this forum but why does the top of the section say 2017 Ford Mustang Mach 1 then?

Thanks!!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I suspect Brian, as a respected dealer, has seen the relevant official info regarding all the '17MY Fords that will be available.......and it sounds like a Mach 1 wasn't mentioned (that's a big assumption on my part though)

Why is the forum so specific? Only Jarstang knows.....and even as a Mod, I'm in the dark (as perhaps I should be!) :D

I'll admit, this intrigues me. I would have thought the New York show is Ford's last chance to pull a rabbit out of the hat!

I shall remain cautiously optimistic!

If there is a Mach 1, I hope it lives up to the reputation of its forebears :)

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suspect Brian, as a respected dealer, has seen the relevant official info regarding all the '17MY Fords that will be available.......and it sounds like a Mach 1 wasn't mentioned (that's a big assumption on my part though)

Why is the forum so specific? Only Jarstang knows.....and even as a Mod, I'm in the dark (as perhaps I should be!) :D

I'll admit, this intrigues me. I would have thought the New York show is Ford's last chance to pull a rabbit out of the hat!

I shall remain cautiously optimistic!

If there is a Mach 1, I hope it lives up to the reputation of its forebears :)

I agree with the part about Brian although only Brian can speak for himself but unless it was a typo and that would be a BIG typo it's specific for 2017 where as the new GT500 forum says "2018+". Time will tell and I believe the NY auto show would be a good time as well but man I hope it's at least 2018.

I was able to get A Plan on my car when I bought it so the hit won't be as bad as I know I won't be able to resist a new Mach 1 as long as they do it right but somebody knows something and I wish someone would spill the beans because either way this is excruciating!

As far as living up to it's reputation I think it will be like the Boss 302. A bump in HP (Maybe 460hp-470hp), different exhaust, an appearance package and Recaro type seats with a price tag in the mid to upper 40's (Think 50th anniversary GT at 47-48K). Someone here had it right where the California Special is strictly an appearance package (I love mine) but I think the Mach 1 will add the performance element as well. It will also fill that middle ground between the GT and Supposed "2018+" GT500 provided the GT350 goes away after 2017. Ford has been hitting home runs lately and to me there is no reason to think otherwise. I just hope they take their time....:lol:

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Here we go again with the model years. :) The 2015 GT350 was a great example of how little it reveals about release/availability. Let me say that this section was created mostly for organizational purposes at the request of several members, not to make any big announcement.

I've changed the MY to 2017/2018. The info about the 2015 GT350 was solid despite how unlikely it seemed due to its late arrival into the model year. You will recall how many people disagreed. That said, there is much less about the potential Mach 1 revival but the same source has proven reliable and indicated a special edition will arrive before the 2018 GT500. You can draw your own conclusions from there.

It goes without saying it's all rumor until we hear it from Ford and plans can always be delayed or change altogether. That's part of the fun (and frustration) in following the developments. But it does make for good discussion :cheers:
Sponsored