Sponsored

2018 Shelby GT500 Renders

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
OK guys, I got my issue finally and the rendering is in it! Hopefully you guys dig it and was worth the wait. Other than my logo and the copyright at the bottom this is the rendering in the July issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.
Looking at it I still love it but there's still a couple things I'd like to change a little. But hey it's just a concept of what I think it could be and soon we'll all see the real 2015 Mustang. Until then enjoy and feel free to throw some feedback by me and we'll go from there. Thanks!
2015_MUSTANG_CONCEPT_MO2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
This was the rough sketch that was the 3rd generation after the gray one that was posted up here a few times. I showed this to Evan from the magazine on a Sunday night and he said have it for me by Tuesday a.m. to make the print date. Think I made it by 12 maybe it was too late but either way it's in. If you look closely in a couple areas you can even see where I photochopped my own rough sketch to improve the proportions. I was also looking at a slightly different front end. Fog light/lower fascia was different and the main upper grill juts forward more aggressively but i felt it was maybe too busy and too aggressive.
2015_MUSTANG_CONCEPT_Sketch.jpg

OP
OP

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
I thought this might be interesting. I thought it would be fun to put all of them together so you could better see the exterior design and styling progression from the first sketch (top) to the final rendering (bottom).
When I did the first one I knew I still had more work to do but I thought it was interesting. So Evan (MM&FF mag) kinda liked it and posted it up on the MM&FF facebook page. Most people hated it and said it looked too Camaro-like. After reading the comments (some pretty harsh) I took another stab at it and in the end I agreed with everyone's comments.
The second pass got me a positive majority vote - thumbs up. I liked it but felt it still wasn't "taught" enough. Maybe it was too clean and maybe more of a Mustang GT look. So I figured what the heck, nobody's really even photoshopped a GT500 so I roughed one out. Showed it to Evan and he really liked it and that's what got me to finish it into a rendering.
2015_MUSTANG_CONCEPT_Sketch2.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
WOW..........just.................WOW, that really is superb :hail:

Very much worth the wait, and thank you for talking us through your design process. I agree with the comment above that if the real thing isn't this good looking, I'll be a little disappointed :thumbsup:

OP
OP

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
I'm not privy to any info at all. I know a lot of guys that work closely with Ford and they don't know anything - or they are really good at keeping secrets :)

Thanks all for the feedback.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I just hope this is as close to S550 as your Camaro rendering was to the production car :thumbsup:

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Awesome Rendering John!! I love how you made it look like the Cobra snake in the front, you nailed that!

Com'on Ford show us the car already!! I hope it looks close it John's.

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
Hey guys my congratulations to Chazcron's and ArtRios87 for his work. Both have talent and partly helped me draw the main lines of the latter concept. ThePhill also mention that I got the idea the other day to see his vision of s550. I personally love it and I would buy without hesitation if it were in production. Maybe to some not reach like maybe in the subject of the headlights but mine is a personal commitment. Not like the next will be the mustang. My money's on the LED and not xenon headlights since technology has advanced a lot and I think the mustang as a supercar brands like bmw or audi who were the pioneers in using this type of headlights. In case anyone is looking for a modification of the concept ecosport try to look for my renders as close to ford wheels and as yet can not find one that I like more and snap lamborghini much as the rapier. For the rest it is the first time I use white and I think it has been pretty good. Hope you like it.

9.jpg
mustang_gt500_2015_by_jhonconnor-d6kdvlx1.jpg

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
JC, I'm loving the execution on this, especially the LED treatment. But I'm not digging the turn signal where it probably isn't going to be. (at least according to this by pictures ) If you would add the amber into the outsides of your headlight buckets I think you'd have a winner.

Sponsored

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
Thank you

Hello chazcron. I'm glad you liked it. On ecosport headlamps have a reason. In the reference photo the headlights are off. It's a shame because I think the light sequence matches the mustang. Leave photo to see both with the lights on

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I see what you were going for. The Ecosport is still just a concept, so they can leave things off, like reflectors that will have to be on production, unrealistic side mirrors or no door handles. I believe the reflectors will still be there on the Mustang where you have the invisible turn signals, and they should be visible. The current Mustang doesn't need reflectors up there because they exist down below. It appears that they wont be down there anymore, so would need to be up in the headlight bucket.

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
Dream cars

Basically this is about: a personal stake mine. Obviously I do not think ford put. These things are left to their concept but it would nice to see one like this on the street. I think it's more for the 50th anniversary should do this even if the model does not come out in production. As such lamborghini made ​​on their anniversary by presenting a radical car with great impact. More or less hastle is loc all here with the first renders. With time we will see as the real car moves away more of those early ideas. So this concept is a little of what could have been but we know that will not happen. Still liked to do and I like that people like. And apparently some ideas we could give ford. Thanks and also very good your renders

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Really like the GT500 render JC. Very, very nice!
Sponsored