Sponsored

MY 2017 GT350 Potential Package Changes

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Disclaimer: this is just for fun and speculation.

So, with the Sync 3 system announced to be standard on all models for MY 2017, what do you think that means for the GT350 options? Here's what I think could possibly happen.

1. Increase in base model price. The base model comes with Sync 3, but other equipment remains the same.

2. Tech package becomes "comfort package". Equipment remains the same as current with little to no change in price.

3. Increase in track package price. Track package comes with Sync 3, but other equipment remains the same.

4. No changes to R model lineup.

Anyone else have any more extreme changes in mind?
Sponsored

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Disclaimer: this is just for fun and speculation.

So, with the Sync 3 system announced to be standard on all models for MY 2017, what do you think that means for the GT350 options? Here's what I think could possibly happen.

1. Increase in base model price. The base model comes with Sync 3, but other equipment remains the same.

2. Tech package becomes "comfort package". Equipment remains the same as current with little to no change in price.

3. Increase in track package price. Track package comes with Sync 3, but other equipment remains the same.

4. No changes to R model lineup.

Anyone else have any more extreme changes in mind?
You will see an automatic!
all 2016 parts books on Shelby says automatic. Saw this when looking for parts for my Shelby. Several mentions on automatic only and now ford has a HD 10 speed auto coming out for the 2.7 and 3.5 ecoboost motors. Why not the 5.2.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So what you are saying is other than Sync 3 and increase in price no changes. Got to agree. Think Ford pretty much decided what they'd offer for a two year run and Tech, Track, and R pretty much fill it. Some would like option of Recaros in Tech, different colors, convertible, etc. but doubt. Maybe if a run longer than two years they would make it more customizable.

OP
OP

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
all 2016 parts books on Shelby says automatic. Saw this when looking for parts for my Shelby. Several mentions on automatic only and now ford has a HD 10 speed auto coming out for the 2.7 and 3.5 ecoboost motors. Why not the 5.2.

It doesn't seem like they need to generate more interest in the GT350, but I think an auto option would increase it more. It wouldn't be the option for me, but I would completely understand the offering. Maybe they could get the GT350 off the line quicker with all those extra gears so the drag racers would have a strong option.

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
It makes sense to put Sync 3 in Track Pack cars because it will eliminate a whole set of parts, including center dash covers and buttons, from the production line when they run the GT350.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
For an example of how it will probably work, look at how the Focus RS is structured. Sync 3 on everything. Navigation functionality is included in the RS2 package (probably would just be included on the Tech package). I don't think it'll change the structure much, you'll just get more functional infotainment system on the non-Tech cars.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
It doesn't seem like they need to generate more interest in the GT350, but I think an auto option would increase it more. It wouldn't be the option for me, but I would completely understand the offering. Maybe they could get the GT350 off the line quicker with all those extra gears so the drag racers would have a strong option.
GT350 is a track-ready car. Putting an automatic in the GT350 so it will be viable as a drag racer is something I just don't see happening.

There won't be an automatic version. They already can't make enough of the manual version, plus we don't even know if there will be a GT350 beyond MY2017.

GT-keith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
GT350 is a track-ready car. Putting an automatic in the GT350 so it will be viable as a drag racer is something I just don't see happening.

There won't be an automatic version. They already can't make enough of the manual version, plus we don't even know if there will be a GT350 beyond MY2017.
It won't just be faster at the strip, though. It would be faster in every way If they can keep it cool, which I don't see why they can't as the 6G Comaro comes with a transmission cooler, then why wouldn't it be a viable option.

Don't think it's going to happen, though I hope so.

Maybe remake the 7-speed DCT in the Ford GT for the GT350

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My guess would be a higher price from Ford but no other changes in 2017 models of the GT350. I don't think there will be an automatic transmission. It just doesn't match up to the intent/design of the GT350.

Sponsored

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I saw the automatic or manual parts interchange for everything on Shelby parts through Ford on dealership computer for parts. Granted we haven't heard about an automatic trans but with the gt500 coming maybe that will be an automatic. The auto option is throughout the parts less transmission view or option. If it is already in Ford's parts schematic they probably have it planned somewhere down the line either for 350 or 500. Granted it may never show up but it looks like someone planned ahead in the parts ordering program?

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
There won't be an automatic for the GT 350. At the Road America Track Tour someone asked the question, and the rep from FP said there's no demand for one. Someone else asked about a DSG-style transmission for the Mustang line, and FP said their research indicated that while there is slightly increasing interest in one, potential customers say they won't pay the $4K it would cost.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
It won't just be faster at the strip, though. It would be faster in every way If they can keep it cool,

It would also be faster if they strapped a blower to the engine, or added AWD, or stuck some rockets on the back of the car, or have a professional drive it for you.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Highly doubtful. Parts systems are a mess. Particularly when you have an export vehicle that has 3 different engines and 3 different transmissions already.

An automatic is about as likely as a convertible GT350.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say there's some potential we'll see the 7 speed from the Ford GT at some point. Most of the development is done, so why not?
Sponsored