Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustnag GT
I found I had squirrelled these away on my computer, hope they help;

Head Unit to Amp
S550Head2Amp.png

Amp to Speakers
S550Amp2Spkr.png

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I found the amp out but could not find the head unit to amp wire diagram. Perfect!
Sponsored

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Anyone know what connector is is for the tweeter? I want to revert mine back to stock but I snipped the wire if anyone can tell me the best way that would be great.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Anyone know what connector is is for the tweeter? I want to revert mine back to stock but I snipped the wire if anyone can tell me the best way that would be great.
Not sure I follow your question... did you snip so close to the stock connector that you can't use a splice?

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
You can gain access to the rear deck speaker OEM wires under the rear seat in the large harness. Incase you don't want to pull the rear deck and tag high level at the actual speakers.

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Not sure I follow your question... did you snip so close to the stock connector that you can't use a splice?
Nah I lost the connectors.

Sponsored

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
Mouser part # 31067-1010, #31067-1040...and the pins are 571-1393366-1 and 571-1438299-4.
I had to find my notes,as these were not easy to track down.

Jeff

MidnightT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium (PP) Shadow Black
So this is a long shot but this is the most knowledgeable thread about the new mustangs audio systems. I have the 401a system and added a LOC and 4 channel amp. The 6.5 doors, and center channel are still on factory amp. The midst and tweets, and rear coaxials are wired to new amp. I know longer get the backup warning tones through the rear speakers, and the system startup tone and seat belt chime no longer come through speakers, only a faint beep from behind the steering column. I also don't hear voice from the person I am on the phone with through all the original speakers. Only the center channel. I have to turn up the phone volume all the way to hear someone. Any idea how to fix this? I'm assuming it's just a simple tap into a wire and run it through the LOC. Everything else works fine just seams like the signal for those features was missed when tapping for audio. Kept all the factory speakers. It gets LOUD!!!

Retroflect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
So this is a long shot but this is the most knowledgeable thread about the new mustangs audio systems. I have the 401a system and added a LOC and 4 channel amp. The 6.5 doors, and center channel are still on factory amp. The midst and tweets, and rear coaxials are wired to new amp. I know longer get the backup warning tones through the rear speakers, and the system startup tone and seat belt chime no longer come through speakers, only a faint beep from behind the steering column. I also don't hear voice from the person I am on the phone with through all the original speakers. Only the center channel. I have to turn up the phone volume all the way to hear someone. Any idea how to fix this? I'm assuming it's just a simple tap into a wire and run it through the LOC. Everything else works fine just seams like the signal for those features was missed when tapping for audio. Kept all the factory speakers. It gets LOUD!!!
I'm in the exact same boat. Alert tones and siri seems to come through an aux speaker behind the steering wheel. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this so that the tones come through the actual speakers like they did when stock?

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I'm in the exact same boat. Alert tones and siri seems to come through an aux speaker behind the steering wheel. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this so that the tones come through the actual speakers like they did when stock?
Probably the best way to do this is by retaining the lo-level (RCA level) signals coming out of the ACM. Those signals would be fed to a crossover, processor or amp/crossover which would then feed the speakers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smdandb2

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Not that it matters anymore, but after a long hiatus from the forums I came back and got the first post fixed with the images.

Sponsored

MidnightT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium (PP) Shadow Black
Probably the best way to do this is by retaining the hi-level (RCA level) signals coming out of the ACM. Those signals would be fed to a crossover, processor or amp/crossover which would then feed the speakers.
Are you saying to bypass the LOC? Not sure what ur saying.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Are you saying to bypass the LOC? Not sure what ur saying.
I went back and corrected my earlier post, it should have read "lo-level (RCA level) signals"
But yes, you would bypass the need for an LOC... and the signal would go straight to your amp.

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
Does anyone have more information about the ANC signals? I am attempting to retain the ANC functionality but want to disable to sound synthesiser (fake engine noise).

So far I've used Forscan to trick the car into thinking it's a base model and sending speaker level outputs to the amp. This seems to disable sound synthesis, but is obviously not a good long term solution as there is a constant buzz (amp not happy receiving speaker level inputs).

Has anyone else played more with the noise cancellation signals? Does disconnecting them disable both ANC and the sound synthesiser? Is there any way to rid ourselves of sound synth but keep ANC?

Thanks

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
If you have altered amplfier gain ( new amp) or speaker effciency ( new speakers) you will need/want to disable ANC too. as the system is exactly calibrated for the factory hardware. anything different than this can cause added noise into the car from the ANC signal not matching the noise it is cancelling. this is why many have issues with adding subs and the low freq tone that is the low ANC tone which is now amplified.

ramb
Sponsored