Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Gotcha :thumbsup:

I actually like this extended nose, but I'd need to see it in person to see if it's too much.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Very nice! Those rear vents can stay if they are functional.
Functional for what? differential cooler? transmission cooler? Maybe an added heat exchanger for the SC. Otherwise they are stupid and ugly. Why no venting for under hood air pressure surely these people would know that those hood scoops are just ornamental and that venting the hood reduces front end lift allows more air to flow through the radiator and if SCed helps keeps it cool. This car looks to be designed by Hotwheels not and automotive engineer/designer.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Functional for what? differential cooler? transmission cooler? Maybe an added heat exchanger for the SC. Otherwise they are stupid and ugly. Why no venting for under hood air pressure surely these people would know that those hood scoops are just ornamental and that venting the hood reduces front end lift allows more air to flow through the radiator and if SCed helps keeps it cool. This car looks to be designed by Hotwheels not and automotive engineer/designer.
This! i was laughing so hard on that last sentance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Rear brake ducts as well as the aero-shield similar to the front. It does help at speed. I do see the Hot Wheels in it somewhat. I still hate the extended nose on the Rocket opposed to what the Mustang has. You can see in the sketches that they never intended to extend the nose. The sketch merely has a bumper cover delete, replaced with a wonderful chrome strip with what appears to be a hood ornament. I would be on board with a GT350 type nose, the sketch below isn't bad.

There is still some things I would change in the fascia though. That said, I can dig the OEM type fascia over the long extension. The Ram Air hood better be ramming air into the intake or just have a bulge with Boss 302S type heat extractor or, go back to the S197 GT500's single center extractor. I'd say distinguish the Mustang with the dual "Cobra" or "Viper"pits. Let the Camaro and Corvette use the Mohawk. Although, the GT350's center extractor is sexy...

Now this is something I am interested in... Yes, big time. Equally powerful hips and shoulders. Like you said, we can do without the rear C scallops, functional or not. If they could get the rear to work like the front ducts, then I would try. It is an expensive process BUT, if the GT350 is so much different from the A-Pillar up... why not?

BAM!!! The Mustang has a bad ass... ass... Man they did good!!! Maybe this GT500 will be the baddest thing that ever MSRP'd for less than $60,000. Of course you will need to option the Performance Pack, Track Pack, Ford Performance Pack and maybe a Drag Pack depending...

...depending on whether or not you can wait until the GT500KR is announced...

The Duck Tail Spoiler, if that is the route, must not enter the field of vision of the driver through the rear view mirror. That means the very top of the spoiler should not extend beyond the lowest part of the rear glass.

The hips go beyond OEM as well as the shoulders. What do you guys think about these?

Last edited:

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
Complaining about fake scoops and vents again, c'mon man, find a new schict.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Complaining about fake scoops and vents again, c'mon man, find a new schict.

I don't complain to have a "schict" I give my opinion when I find something is stupid and ugly. That doesn't change from day to day.

Fact SC routinely drive around with the timing dialed back do to high intake air temperature. A hood vent and/or a fender vents can lower that temperature by allowing more air to pass through the heat exchanger. A side benefit is also reduced front end lift at speed. This abomination has neither leading me to believe it was designed by a 10 year old.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The hips go beyond OEM as well as the shoulders. What do you guys think about these?
I honestly think the Rocket, bar the name and the front grille, is just about my perfect Mustang. I love the way Fisker gave it a widebody look, but it's a relatively subtle one. The rear hips are perfect.......and (love 'em or hate 'em) I love the way those rear ducts flow seamlessly into the rear hips.

Pity the car hasn't been photographed outside......I've only seen the show photos.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I do hope the GT500 takes inspiration from the Rocket. GAS just posted this on their Facebook page. The black one is the first production car which debuted today at Amelia Island :love:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Indeed! It's BRUTAL in black :headbang:

(although the silver shows off the curves better)

Poisond281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting
That grill.. Make it go away.. Please.

I will say though, the remaining 3/4 of the car is pretty badass. Especially in black.