Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It didn't get a lot of love when released, but this GAS/Fisker Rocket is sooooo close to what I'd want a GT500/KR to look like. Henrik even confirmed the '68 GT500 was the inspiration.

OK, I'd change the grille and wheels, but EVERYTHING else can stay :headbang:

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
TOO MANY STICK ON PARTS! The back of the first one looks OK though. The age of the double stick tape on scoop is Dead.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
These angle work...

More GT350 influence in the rest...

chrisvr6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It didn't get a lot of love when released, but this GAS/Fisker Rocket is sooooo close to what I'd want a GT500/KR to look like. Henrik even confirmed the '68 GT500 was the inspiration.

OK, I'd change the grille and wheels, but EVERYTHING else can stay :headbang:
:ninja:
725.jpg
725r.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Actually, there's nothing "stick on" about the Rocket. The only original panels are the door and roof, everything else is remade in carbon fibre. The vents in front of the rear wheels ARE functional, too, as they direct air to the rear brakes.

This, to me, is the perfect "wide body"..........the S197 GT500 headed that way with the aftermarket towards the end of its life. The Need For Speed car was a great example, but it always looked a bit "forced" on the S197. Fisker nailed this one.

Just need the front grille to look a little more like the '14 GT500. It needs the central "bumper" to break up such a large area.

And good work on the wheels, Chris :)

Sponsored

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Actually, there's nothing "stick on" about the Rocket. The only original panels are the door and roof, everything else is remade in carbon fibre. The vents in front of the rear wheels ARE functional, too, as they direct air to the rear brakes.

This, to me, is the perfect "wide body"..........the S197 GT500 headed that way with the aftermarket towards the end of its life. The Need For Speed car was a great example, but it always looked a bit "forced" on the S197. Fisker nailed this one.

Just need the front grille to look a little more like the '14 GT500. It needs the central "bumper" to break up such a large area.

And good work on the wheels, Chris :)
I think he was talking about all of the stick on vents on the ealanor concept

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Looks too much like an Audi grille to me

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Looks too much like an Audi grille to me
The design has been called "The Superman" and was actually explored in some of Chaz's first conceptual finished products. There are some other fascia design elements that Chaz played with that would work well on the S550. Most design elements used were actually just borrowed from Ford's sketch book anyway.

Once the extension is hacked and the good stuff goes in, it will scream 1968.

I do agree though, it is very Audi... I prefer a large mouth to a small lipped upper grill. Cooling being the major concern...
Sponsored