Sponsored

Rumor - The GT500 thread

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
It is simple. You are not hearing anything because nothing is coming. Ford does not mention the 20 by 20 anymore because their focus has shifted away from performance. I not even sure if the ford gt will race next year because Penske is fielding a team of honda prototypes next year. Ford is focused on making itself a transportation company not a car company. R and d dollars are being put into electric and self driving vehicles. Fields and bill ford love tech not performance. Now if edsel ran the company it may be a different story.
Sponsored

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
And hopefully they win again this year. I watched the 66 win at Daytona last month. But this year might be the end. I hope not. I hope we get 6 more performance models in two years. I don't think we will. I think the next se mustang will be the hybrid in 2020.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That's great that ford won. Those 750 fellas that are getting a taste of that car...that's good for them. The 350 RC won the continental series.. good for them. To stay on top they need to progress in performance. I have no problems buying other brands.
And when they promise something like 12 by 20 they damn well better do it or they will lose me as a customer for good, and I don't just buy performance cars, but daily drivers and I have influence on many family members and friends on what they purchase too. Sorry but any respectable business or person does what they say they are going to do, no its ands or buts

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Technically, the Cobra Jet and GT4 are Ford Performance offerings, are they not?

I wonder if they count toward the 12 by '20. :confused:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Technically, the Cobra Jet and GT4 are Ford Performance offerings, are they not?

I wonder if they count toward the 12 by '20. :confused:
Then they are almost there then. Guess I was thinking street legal cars, but I suppose you can take 1 chassis and CALL it a totally seperate performace car. There will be essentially 4 iterations of the GT350? GT350, GT350R, GT4, FR350S? Then there are the Cobra Jet, Mach1 (that we seen is coming), Raptor, Focus RS, Fiesta ST (does that count? HAHA) GT. So basically for the mustang chassis alone, 6, not counting the GT500. haha, 7 total! If thats the case, they only need 1 more before 2020. In a way I'm happy to not give them another cent to tell you the truth.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It is simple. You are not hearing anything because nothing is coming. Ford does not mention the 20 by 20 anymore because their focus has shifted away from performance. I not even sure if the ford gt will race next year because Penske is fielding a team of honda prototypes next year. Ford is focused on making itself a transportation company not a car company. R and d dollars are being put into electric and self driving vehicles. Fields and bill ford love tech not performance. Now if edsel ran the company it may be a different story.
I really hope you are wrong. And I think Ford will be in deep trouble in the near future if they abandon performance. There are some very vocal people who think the car is a greater enemy to the US than religious fanatics are. I believe those people are greatly outnumbered by people that enjoy driving and like cars. Those majority of people buy lots and lots of pickups that get in the teens or twenties for gas mileage - and they love them. Or they buy performance vehicles. Same thing. Many many people like a vehicle and like having personal transportation. They don't care about the agendas that the dominant mainstream blasts us with every day.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I really hope you are wrong. And I think Ford will be in deep trouble in the near future if they abandon performance. There are some very vocal people who think the car is a greater enemy to the US than religious fanatics are. I believe those people are greatly outnumbered by people that enjoy driving and like cars. Those majority of people buy lots and lots of pickups that get in the teens or twenties for gas mileage - and they love them. Or they buy performance vehicles. Same thing. Many many people like a vehicle and like having personal transportation. They don't care about the agendas that the dominant mainstream blasts us with every day.
Don't worry he is wrong, this is just the same knee jerk reactions that came when the hybrid mustang got announced. The performance division isn't going anywhere. Most of the people who spew this stuff don't have any clue how these companies operate.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Sorry but they would be stupid to do so.
It is called the Osborne Effect.
Nothing like killing current sales by talking about future items too early. Although the impact of the loose lips has been debated as to the death of Osborne computer...in the early 1980s there was the Osborne 1 (luggable computer but it could be hauled around as an all in one unit).
Well good ol' Robert Osborne talked about the next version before it was ready....sales of the Osborne 1 dried up as dealers/buyers waited for the next version. There was no next version...no money to put it into production when current sales died....
Slightly early release of info (such as the 2018 Mustang)can help steal media attention away from competitors, too early can kill you... a fine balancing act.
Correct, and that's all fine and dandy but,.............we're talking about Ford here.
Don't forget,...they sell more than just Mustangs. They sell trucks, other cars and vans as well. And,....not everyone is going to buy a Mustang because they either cannot afford the next halo-Mustang or don't/can't wait to buy. Also, buyers could look into competitive vehicles such as the Hellcat and Z06.
But, I do see what you are referring to as laying all your cards down before playing the game.

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
I hope I am wrong. But so far the only people who have been wrong are the ones making claims on a new gt500.

Sponsored

Flat Plane Drifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB- a 50th anniversary Shelby GT500 vert-;)
'BMacIL' was a Ford engineer until around 08/15.

He posted this in another thread not that long ago.

"Don't lose hope in FP. The GT500 will be a BAMF."

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Source ?

Since when did we need those around here.

LOL

:headbonk:
Sponsored