Sponsored

Ecoboost (Fake) Sound by Subaruwrxfan

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
That's the dude who got his Mustang for free by begging for charity!
*rolls eyes* You do know that he did not get his car for free, right? His viewers contributed enough for a down payment, in exchange for the content he provides on the car. Of their own volition.

It's funny how certain personality types can really bring out the hate in people. Actually it's not funny, it's disturbing.

But back to the point, excellent video on this issue.
Sponsored

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
*rolls eyes* You do know that he did not get his car for free, right? His viewers contributed enough for a down payment, in exchange for the content he provides on the car. Of their own volition.

It's funny how certain personality types can really bring out the hate in people. Actually it's not funny, it's disturbing.

But back to the point, excellent video on this issue.
Exactly what I said, you just worded it differently. He begged for charity and received it. And if he only begged enough for a down payment on an ecoboost, he's probably not the brightest bulb in the shed. Im sure the enablers of this one would have chipped in a little more on the GT if he had played them a bit better ;-)

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Exactly what I said, you just worded it differently. He begged for charity and received it. And if he only begged enough for a down payment on an ecoboost, he's probably not the brightest bulb in the shed. Im sure the enablers of this one would have chipped in a little more on the GT if he had played them a bit better ;-)
Well, to be precise, you said he begged for charity, while the other poster said he asked for money so he could do an in-depth review of the car.

That is definitely not charity, because the people giving money are getting a service in return.

-T

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
didn't we have this argument over a youtuber who is still in high school and earns his money off reviewing cars from the ad revenue? who still drives cooler cars than 95% of us and gets to do it for free and in return makes money?

sounds like brilliance to me.

can't remember his youtube name though...but he reviewed the mustang and the bama tune

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
can't remember his youtube name though...but he reviewed the mustang and the bama tune
I think his youtube name is "ThatDudeInBlue" or something along those lines. He had (or has) a grabber blue mustang and has had some pretty good reviews of the mods he has done to it. I like him better than the wrx fan who is almost too excited to breath in any of his videos.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I love his karate chops and enthusiasm.

He's not the kind of vlogger I watch for any kind of useful input. The guy doesn't provide any kind of real critique, not does he frame his reviews with any kind of perspective (everything's "really nice" or "really cool"). But I don't care, he's just a positive guy to watch. Just seeing him get excited makes me feel like I used to be getting into cars at an earlier age.

Quit bitching about the donations.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I think his youtube name is "ThatDudeInBlue" or something along those lines. He had (or has) a grabber blue mustang and has had some pretty good reviews of the mods he has done to it. I like him better than the wrx fan who is almost too excited to breath in any of his videos.
yeah that's him

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Well, to be precise, you said he begged for charity, while the other poster said he asked for money so he could do an in-depth review of the car.

That is definitely not charity, because the people giving money are getting a service in return.

-T
He's done plenty of "in depth" reviews without buying the car. I will say Good for him, he somehow convinced people to give him charity money to buy it:clap2: I say that with all seriousness.
edit: The kids gotta be on here does anybody know?

All-Or-Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 6 Series Vert
LOL....................so......

"ThatDudeInBlue" with 173,395 followers asked for help with a down payment......

some of the followers actually felt like giving him donations........

He promised to give a very deep review on the car the down payment was used on.......

plus he reviews all kinds of cars most people will not drive.......

and he's just some generally enthusiastic kid doing something (I think) positive

YEP.......Haters Gonna Hate

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
No actually were talking about Subaruwrxfan.i know all the car vloggers run together. Anyhow my comment has nothing to do with "hating" i dont have any hate,happy for the kid I just don't get it.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Subaruwrxfan is the vlogger that asked for money, not Thatdudeinblue. As far as subaruwrxfan goes, Ive watched a couple of their videos and thought they all kind of sucked. Mostly a passenger cam of a skinny white kid driving. They're average kids, so the insight you get Is pretty much that.

When I did see that he posted a video asking for money, I thought it was pretty shameless and pathetic, but whom I was really mad at were the dumb saps that actually gave it to him. If I remember correctly he could barely afford his BRZ so that payment plan on the mustang is probably stretched out to 72 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks OP for posting this. I remember when this first became a topic of "discussion" in this forum and a ridiculous amount of time was spent by so many people arguing back and forth whether or not the EcoBoost's sound was fake or not.

While some may feel the topic was beaten to death, I don't think many minds were changed. At least with this video, we now have a good comparison to base our opinions on. We didn't have that before.

Thanks OP.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Removing the fuse doesn't kill the engine noise unless you disconnect the rear mic also. It's not actual engine sounds, it just adds bass in the 2k-3.5k rpm range. I think it sounds better without it.
Sponsored