Sponsored

The new GT500 will have some serious competition...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If they wanted to call it the Hamidi Hulk, hell I don't care but let's get something original and new.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I thought the same thing -- then I lost my mind and got a Hellcat. Really surprised me with how good it is. I expected a crap car with a fun engine. But it's really good! (Unless you want a canyon carver, then not so much.)
Yeah,.....to be honest, the Hellcat Challenger is one of my choices if the new GT500 isn't what I am looking/hoping for. One of the top 3 choices for me actually.
It's a great car. You can adjust suspension and transmission on the SRT page in UConnect. Pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: HCT

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
MT just released there video for the ZL1, impressive, very impressed with how good it was on the track. Ford has there work cutout with there next halo stang. I hope it doesn't take a year and a half to two years to see it though!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
yeah, that could be one reason why there is a delay. They want to make sure it beats the Zl1, AND come in at a similar price tag. If they have to, charge 80K+ area, but I don't want any corners cut on essential components. It has to kill the ZL1, and it will, I have no doubts.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
yeah, that could be one reason why there is a delay. They want to make sure it beats the Zl1, AND come in at a similar price tag. If they have to, charge 80K+ area, but I don't want any corners cut on essential components. It has to kill the ZL1, and it will, I have no doubts.
The only way I truly see it crushing the ZL1 in all areas is if it is 75-80k (which I'm fine with). It may need AWD to truly separate it in straight line advantage, otherwise it maybe just a tenth or two faster, which in my book just makes it marginally faster.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The only way I truly see it crushing the ZL1 in all areas is if it is 75-80k (which I'm fine with). It may need AWD to truly separate it in straight line advantage, otherwise it maybe just a tenth or two faster, which in my book just makes it marginally faster.
with 755 hp, it will be at least .3 faster and all that matters is that it's faster. I think it's a 70k base and 80xxx loaded. We'll see! I have a great feeling the next power Mustang will have the 10 speed auto. That thing works wonders in my raptor. It will propel the Mustang nicely. AWD would be nice, but roush better be working on a AWD system that could handle 800 hp otherwise it ain't happening. AWD equals high 70s base too. I just don't see ford going that route.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
with 755 hp, it will be at least .3 faster and all that matters is that it's faster. I think it's a 70k base and 80xxx loaded. We'll see! I have a great feeling the next power Mustang will have the 10 speed auto. That thing works wonders in my raptor. It will propel the Mustang nicely. AWD would be nice, but roush better be working on a AWD system that could handle 800 hp otherwise it ain't happening. AWD equals high 70s base too. I just don't see ford going that route.
Having 755hp isn't the issue, it's have the suspension and chassis to make that 755hp work. The HC has tons of hp, but handles like crap. If they use the 5.0, this car will be heavy. If it does have 755hp, it better beat the zl1 good, because if it doesn't, there will be some serious discussion in the vs section.:cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I will venture to guess that it will have the correct suspension, ford/roush will get it dialed in. I'm not worried one bit about it handling the zl1 in both aspects of racing.. Trouble is, by the time the thing comes out someone will have something better the next week.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Having 755hp isn't the issue, it's have the suspension and chassis to make that 755hp work. The HC has tons of hp, but handles like crap. If they use the 5.0, this car will be heavy. If it does have 755hp, it better beat the zl1 good, because if it doesn't, there will be some serious discussion in the vs section.:cheers:
So are you saying they compare the zl1 to the hellcat on the vs thread?

Sponsored

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
ZL1s are going for $65K on ebay. If the 500 is $80K a year + later that's a big fail on Fords part. I'm getting disappointed with Ford.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
ZL1s are going for $65K on ebay. If the 500 is $80K a year + later that's a big fail on Fords part. I'm getting disappointed with Ford.
I hear you, and I'm not saying it will be, but if they make it right that's what it will cost.
The ZL1 is the bastards child of the chevy performance family. People don't want them really. You can get a Corvette for the same money that will essentially beat it. The Mustang doesn't have the problem of a bigger brother (although I wish they did), unless your talking of the 450k, 750 unit GT, that doesn't really count. Ford could make the top dog Mustang 100k car if they wanted to, and make it awesome, but at the same price point as the zl1, I feel it won't be any better. Maybe by slapping 10k more on it, will achieve that.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
I hear you, and I'm not saying it will be, but if they make it right that's what it will cost.
The ZL1 is the bastards child of the chevy performance family. People don't want them really. You can get a Corvette for the same money that will essentially beat it. The Mustang doesn't have the problem of a bigger brother (although I wish they did), unless your talking of the 450k, 750 unit GT, that doesn't really count. Ford could make the top dog Mustang 100k car if they wanted to, and make it awesome, but at the same price point as the zl1, I feel it won't be any better. Maybe by slapping 10k more on it, will achieve that.
They need to step up to the plate. They've had plenty of time to put something together, the window is closing fast on this generation. Man, 80K is getting crazy. A 350 with turbos minus the carbon fiber wheels should be in a 65-70 ballpark. I'm getting that 1994 to 2002 feeling again.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Who knows what it's gonna run, maybe maybe 75 will be loaded up - convertible.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
That won't be an issue. The gt350 is a fantastic starting point.

The 500 replacement will only improve on it in all aspects.
Sponsored