Sponsored

What would you expect Ford to do with this?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
This is my 14 month old / 20k mile GT, yesterday.

About 3 days ago, the clutch grumbled/juddered a few times when pulling away at low speed. Didnt feel good. Then went back to normal for a few days, until last night when trying to shift 1-2, I was suddenly locked out of the box. No gears at all.

Im fairly certain its mechanical rather than hydraulic. Clutch arm, release bearing, or a spring failure on the friction plate have been suggested.

There was no burning, no funny noises, no bad driving style. Just an immediate failure of the clutch.

Bearing that in mind, and considering I have the mods in my sig... whats the chances of Ford telling me to F.O., or being all sweet and lovely and fixing it? The car has warranty until June '18

To make matters worse, I am on vacation in a foreign country with the car (roadtrip!) and ill be travelling home on Wednesday and will have to leave the car in a different country.

Its been suggested lead time for replacement parts could be 2 weeks to 2 months!!

After AC failure and 5 or 6 other problems ive had with the car the last 12m, I cant say Im very impressed :(
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If you have a good relationship with the dealership, they'll probably go right ahead and fix it under warranty. They want to get paid for the repair too.

You have no major engine power adders like a super-charger, so you should be fine.

Make sure you follow up and let us know.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Take the entire dealer service department food: pastries or something badass. Might be best $100 bucks you every spent. Hand it out in person to people and try n make sure everyone gets something.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Take the entire dealer service department food: pastries or something badass. Might be best $100 bucks you every spent. Hand it out in person to people and try n make sure everyone gets something.
Its actually a really cool idea, if the car had broken in my home country I would do that.... however im on vacation and I dont know the dealer or anyone there.

Ill just be another number on a sheet. Its a very large and very busy dealership. The only +ve being that they do actually have experience of working on Mustangs.... although I did ask and this would be there first ever gearbox out job.

:eyebulge:

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
The fault is diagnosed.

The clutch material has become detached from the clutch plate.

The thickness is fine (i.e. the clutch was not overly worn), the backing material has simply become detached from the clutch plate itself.

Sound like a construction defect?

The problem is now with the warranty team and im awaiting a decision.
Sponsored