2017 pp 512 miles possible locked motor

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Well I just got the luck.
Wife wanted a grabber blue car so I got her a fully loaded gt pp ..
last night I finished the spring install and the wife n I went for a spin..we got no more then 6 miles down the road when my wife and I both herd some kind of knocking noise that almost sounded like an exaust rattle . then 2 miles after said noise the car just shut down.I tried to restart the car and all it would to is just click like a dead battery. We had it towed home as it stalled only 3/4 of a mile from my house .. tried charging the batter and nothing. So this morning I go out and and try to start the car and it fired right up.I turned the car off and on severial times and thought all was good and proceeded to head to the car wash.. again not even a mile down a residential street it started to knock .. I quickly turned the car around and headed back and again car shut off and wouldn't restart. ..As of now the car is back at the dealership broke down with 514 miles.

Btw. No engines modes no tunes
It did give me a steering assist prompt and service andvance track prompt
Sponsored

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
Well I just got the luck.
Wife wanted a grabber blue car so I got her a fully loaded gt pp ..
last night I finished the spring install and the wife n I went for a spin..we got no more then 6 miles down the road when my wife and I both herd some kind of knocking noise that almost sounded like an exaust rattle . then 2 miles after said noise the car just shut down.I tried to restart the car and all it would to is just click like a dead battery. We had it towed home as it stalled only 3/4 of a mile from my house .. tried charging the batter and nothing. So this morning I go out and and try to start the car and it fired right up.I turned the car off and on severial times and thought all was good and proceeded to head to the car wash.. again not even a mile down a residential street it started to knock .. I quickly turned the car around and headed back and again car shut off and wouldn't restart. ..As of now the car is back at the dealership broke down with 514 miles.

Btw. No engines modes no tunes
It did give me a steering assist prompt and service andvance track prompt
Sorry for your troubles, interested in how it turns out. Hopefully Ford takes care of everything without much hassle.

OP
OP
shelbydave

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Thanks brother. I'll update on fords response.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Hope it is something minor and she is back on the road soon!

OP
OP
shelbydave

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Ok quick update
So yesterday we found out the crank is broke.. and it broke long way. As in the length of the crank.
I asked to go see my car and I was told the tech said not right now. I wasn't happy about that. There just so happened to be a ford rep there while I was there and I was informed that ford wanted to put a short block in the car. Wtf!!! Not acceptable

Last edited:

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Sorry Shelby dave

Ok quick update
So yesterday we found out the crank is broke.. and it broke long way. As in the length of the crank.
I asked to go see my car and I was told the tech said not right now. I wasn't happy about that. There just so happened to be a ford rep there while I was there and I was informed that ford wanted to put a short block in the car. Wtf!!! Not acceptable
Wow that incredible only 500 miles... wtf is right. How is a better question

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Ok quick update
I think they should put a new long block in at the very least. There must be an issue with the manufacturing process on the cranks now. This makes me think isedawishy's crank was faulty as well. Since his had a paxton on it his warranty won't cover it though. Good luck with the car.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
When I put an ATI balancer on my car, even the Ford tech (friend) who installed it texted me and said "Wow, the engine runs a lot smoother." I didn't believe him. Pick the car up, and I'm like WTF... this thing runs like butter now (despite Steeda engine mounts).

Makes me wonder if these cranks are being made right or if maybe there's a balancer pulley issue? Odd... 500 miles. Dang. So glad you didn't have any warranty-voiding modifications.

OP
OP
shelbydave

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
When I put an ATI balancer on my car, even the Ford tech (friend) who installed it texted me and said "Wow, the engine runs a lot smoother." I didn't believe him. Pick the car up, and I'm like WTF... this thing runs like butter now (despite Steeda engine mounts).

Makes me wonder if these cranks are being made right or if maybe there's a balancer pulley issue? Odd... 500 miles. Dang. So glad you didn't have any warranty-voiding modifications.

And when I finally got the car it had 150 miles on it already.. so I was only able to enjoy it for a mere 350 miles..

Modes so far were just coil springs and roush exaust. Neither of which caused the crank failure and ford as not said a thing regarding those.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
There has to be a bad batch of cranks. My '16 engine, with Steeda motor mounts and stock balancer is very smooth. If I were deaf and looking at it, I wouldn't be able to tell it is even running.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
There has to be a bad batch of cranks. My '16 engine, with Steeda motor mounts and stock balancer is very smooth. If I were deaf and looking at it, I wouldn't be able to tell it is even running.
Not me. Whole car shakes bad at idle. No error codes so I will just beat the shit out of it until I find the weak link.
Sponsored