Sponsored

Vacuum Gauge in center display

Jacked4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby GT/California Special, 2010 F150 Plat
I have seen some people get the vacuum gauge in GT's to read boost from an aftermarket supercharger. Can anyone tell me how to make this happen?
Sponsored

Repo58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base PP NOVI 2200
Swapping the center cluster from an ecoboost will give you an actual boost gauge that matches the PP gauges on the GT and its plug and play. Takes 5 minutes. I considered doing that with my Paxton setup on my 2016 GT Base PP but it's difficult to monitor the boost gauge in the center of your dash and keep your eyes on the track. I'm leaning towards an a-pillar setup with an aftermarket gauge.

OP
OP

Jacked4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
You just need to reprogram the AS Built Data of the IPC with ForScan. Take the value of an ecoboost and you'll have it. I did it on mine.

OP
OP

Jacked4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you happen to have that value Will start my search now in case you don't.

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
top of my head no lol. Give me a VIN # of an ecoboost same year as yours and same tranny I might be able to get it for you. The ppl on the on the ASB thread might be able to have it somewhere for you though.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
IMO I wouldn't rely on the factory "calculated" boost/vacuum gauge. Especially if you have a custom tune. Very small variances in how the torque model is changed can effect the load the PCM believes it is seeing and the gauge output quickly goes to shit.

Even my FRP P3 setup is clearly inaccurate, my vacuum gauge swings to 0inhg with about 15% throttle, which is clearly wrong.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Couldn't imagine not having my vac gauge. It's part of the reason I'm averaging 23-24 mpg. It tells you right where you need to be at cruising speeds.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
IMO I wouldn't rely on the factory "calculated" boost/vacuum gauge. Especially if you have a custom tune. Very small variances in how the torque model is changed can effect the load the PCM believes it is seeing and the gauge output quickly goes to shit.

Even my FRP P3 setup is clearly inaccurate, my vacuum gauge swings to 0inhg with about 15% throttle, which is clearly wrong.
It isn't though. Even opening the butterfly valve a little bit drops the delta-p across the throttle body until a new equilibrium is reached. It's one reason vacuum gauges are so handy when diagnosing engine trouble. They detect tiny changes in airflow that aren't always apparent.

OP
OP

Jacked4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
top of my head no lol. Give me a VIN # of an ecoboost same year as yours and same tranny I might be able to get it for you. The ppl on the on the ASB thread might be able to have it somewhere for you though.
Does this VIN work: 1FA6P8TH4H5309657
Sponsored