Sponsored

Northern Virginia Members

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
If anyone local is looking for a bone stock GT for Grim to mod for them, hit me up. I'll be either selling or trading mine in a couple of weeks when my new ride shows up.

2015 Guard GT w/6sp manual (totally base with zero options)
30k miles
Replaced rubber @ 21k with Continental Extreme Contact DSW06 255/45/18

Best,
It's gone. Carmax gave me $4k less than I paid for it new and I put 30k miles on it. I'm going to consider that a win. :)

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
It's gone. Carmax gave me $4k less than I paid for it new and I put 30k miles on it. I'm going to consider that a win. :)
Carmax is a great place to get your car appraised, got two of them appraised before and I got a better deal than the dealer.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Carmax is a great place to get your car appraised, got two of them appraised before and I got a better deal than the dealer.
Indeed. I was pretty skeptical, but they were really easy to deal with. $4k for 2 years and 30k miles seems like a great deal to me. I miss having the car sometimes, but the replacement is faster and has the requisite 4 doors and usable back seat.

Best,

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I figure I'll give the locals a shot at these parts. I traded in the Mustang last night and I have some NEW IN BOX parts that I never got around to installing. Pretty good deals going on right here:

Mishimoto aluminum radiator: $250
Mishimoto oil cooler (silver): $350
Mishimoto silicone lower radiator hose: $80
Mishimoto silicone upper radiator hose: $40
Mishimoto ancillary silicone hose kit: $35
(hoses are blue)

Whole thing for $700 and I'll throw in five gallons of Motorcraft pre-mix coolant and 10 quarts of Penzoil Ultra Platinum Synthetic and Wix oil filter (~$200 worth of stuff).

I'm in Manassas near 234 and Hoadley for pick-up. Come get it or I'll have to screw with eBay.

Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I figure I'll give the locals a shot at these parts. I traded in the Mustang last night and I have some NEW IN BOX parts that I never got around to installing. Pretty good deals going on right here:

Mishimoto aluminum radiator: $250
Mishimoto oil cooler (silver): $350
Mishimoto silicone lower radiator hose: $80
Mishimoto silicone upper radiator hose: $40
Mishimoto ancillary silicone hose kit: $35
(hoses are blue)

Whole thing for $700 and I'll throw in five gallons of Motorcraft pre-mix coolant and 10 quarts of Penzoil Ultra Platinum Synthetic and Wix oil filter (~$200 worth of stuff).

I'm in Manassas near 234 and Hoadley for pick-up. Come get it or I'll have to screw with eBay.
Is this the radiator you have? https://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-perf-aluminum-radiator-1517gt.html

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

YukonRally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Random question for the group: is anyone running the Magnaflow Street cat back or a Borla Touring cat back that they would let me come have a listen to? I have the AWE Touring Cat Back and I love the sound, which has mellowed a bit with break in, but is still too loud for me. Looking for something just a touch quieter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Does your car have a resonator between the cats and the axlebacks? If not perhaps you can add one/two instead of replacing the entire system. Check out Pypes M80's or Dynomax Bullets, they are great at both bringing down overall volume and rasp without altering the tone too much.
Sponsored