Anybody wrap their own car?

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
Just bought a couple rolls of vinyl. I already know I'll have to either do the hood in two pieces, or stretch the film a bit. Just wondering if there are any tips for these cars.
Not looking forward to the front bumper... last time I did something complex, it came out shit the first couple of attempts.
Sponsored

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
I have wrapped multiple parts of the car but not the entire thing. I would highly recommend watching some youtube vids to get a better idea of how to do things. CKwraps has almost and entire how to on a 2015 that he did. The bumpers are the hardest part. I would recommend doing those last so that you can get a feel for how the vinyl works. Also make sure you have all the proper tools for vinyl install

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcvrUINxcy_cHZOmg3KGsOg

OP
OP

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
For anybody that finds this in hopes of encouraging words, I'm sorry, but wrapping cars sucks a big fat dick.

I'm not even done yet, but it sucks out loud. I'm hoping to finish tonight, with almost 2 weeks of evenings working on it with my spare time. I'm probably 40+ hours into this, and I'm WAY better at it than I initially was, and I am really considering losing all knowledge of this process and just paying somebody if I ever want a wrapped car again.

Requiem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
For anybody that finds this in hopes of encouraging words, I'm sorry, but wrapping cars sucks a big fat dick.

I'm not even done yet, but it sucks out loud. I'm hoping to finish tonight, with almost 2 weeks of evenings working on it with my spare time. I'm probably 40+ hours into this, and I'm WAY better at it than I initially was, and I am really considering losing all knowledge of this process and just paying somebody if I ever want a wrapped car again.

Outstanding words of encouragement. :lol:

I hope to wrap my car before the end of the year but I will definitely be paying a professional.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Sorry, but your follow up 22 days later made me laugh my ass off.

Can we get some pictures of the sucking out loud? I am curious.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
34800549743_fca7200d95_b.jpg

That's the "finished" product. It has a couple of bubbles that I need to figure out how to get gone, and some wrinkles that might end up getting pulled and relayed...

It's just not easy to work with, and double difficult if you're using a super thick vinyl like I did (felt-ish finish on it)

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
lol cbass car looks good

i want to wrap my roof black on my white gt. wonder if this is worth me trying it, or just pay someone

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
There's a reason these guys charge $3k to wrap your car. The vinyl is just a few hundred. It's super tedious work. I've tried wrapping just my spoiler twice and it looks like garbage. Need to hire a professional.

Indylatenight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible