Sponsored

Evaporator Core Failure

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
Does anyone know if the evaporator is covered by the extended warranty through Ford?
Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the evaporator is covered by the extended warranty through Ford?
If you have extended warranty from Ford it is covered. Why don't you call them and find out for sure?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
My AC went out yesterday. My compressor is making a little bit of noise, like when a power steering pump is low on fluid. But it still kicks on. So, I'm thinking the compressor is bad. Because if the R134a was low, from a leak or something, then the compressor wouldn't try to kick on. There are upper and lower limit switches for refrigerant pressure.

Sponsored

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Only has 10K miles btw.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
While I was looking up how to get rid of the awful A/C mold/mildew smell, I read on another forum where a guy said his evaporator had gone bad and it was causing the white "film" on the inside of his windshield.

Has anyone who's had theirs replaced noticed the white has gone away since getting a new evaporator?

Lots of complaints about the film in other threads, but no one knows what's causing it.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Lots of complaints about the film in other threads, but no one knows what's causing it.
Most of the residue on the inside of the windshield is from all the plastic in the car outgassing and creating a film. The carpet, seats, seat pads, trim, upholstery, etc. are all made of plastics now. It will lessen over time, depending on how much the car is in the sun, windows down, etc.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
I took my car in to the dealer today and they said my expansion valve was probably bad. Have to take it back on Friday to have it replaced.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
My AC stopped blowing cold air a couple of weeks ago. Stopped using it. Turned on to test yesterday and lots of noise from under the hood. Took it in. Dealer says the compressor failed and exploded sending debris into the system.

Repair cost $1700 to $1800. 2015 with 78,000 miles I asked for assistance from Ford. Wait and see.

They said I cannot drive it with the failed compressor due to the pulley being needed for belts.
I thought the AC compressor is alone on it's own belt. Maybe I missed something...

Sponsored

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto
Ford Service Result

30 minutes ago I picked up my '15 V6 automatic from my local Ford Dealer after they recall/replaced my door latches.

Driving home in 54F drizzly weather, my windshield fogs on the interstate and my cabin becomes warm and moist.
I roll the windows down to compensate and call my dealer from my driveway 10 minutes later.

Lo and behold, my a/c compressor kicks back on and the windows clear and cold air once again fills the cabin.

Surprised, I repeat the test through my subdivision and the same results recur.
Idle = Compression;
(126F Air Inlet Temp)*

Driving = No a/c compression.
(96F Air Inlet Temp)

*Failure may be related to temperature switch issue?
Idle = Compression; driving = No a/c compression.

All this just 10 days after Ford Dealer serviced a leaking a/c system.

More to follow..

Last edited:

Ecobeast2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP 6AT Triple Yellow Tri-coat
My ac is blowing hot/slightly cooler on the passenger side. It's going in Friday. 2015 16k :frusty:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
30 minutes ago I picked up my '15 V6 automatic from my local Ford Dealer after they recall/replaced my door latches.

Driving home in 54F drizzly weather, my windshield fogs on the interstate and my cabin becomes warm and moist.
I roll the windows down to compensate and call my dealer from my driveway 10 minutes later.

Lo and behold, my a/c compressor kicks back on and the windows clear and cold air once again fills the cabin.

Idle = Compression;
(126F Air Inlet Temp)*

(96F Air Inlet Temp)

More to follow..
Not quite following you. The "Air Inlet Temp" has nothing to do with the A/C ... that's the temperature of the engine intake air.

If your windows are fogging up due to the weather, need to put the system on defrost, which will kick on the A/C compressor too.

The real test is to put it on A/C and set the temp to the lowest and see if all your vents blow the same level of cold air.

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
If the evap has a leak you may smell the refrigerant through the vents. It will be a somewhat sweet smell. There could be some oil residue on your interior windows especially in defrost mode. The oil is part of the refrigerant.
These AC compressors will not run once most of the refrigerant has leaked.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Idle = Compression;
(126F Air Inlet Temp)*

(96F Air Inlet Temp)

More to follow..
overfilled AC. When RPMs come up off idle the AC compressor pushes pressures above upper limit and the logic system shuts the compressor off via the compressor clutch.
Sponsored