Sponsored

Evaporator Core Failure

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Does anyone know the date Ford started building the cars with the revised evaporator?
Probably hard info to find. You might be able to tell if you call the local Ford dealer and see if they can tell you if the part was superseded based on your VIN.
Sponsored

AQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i think my evaporator is out today in my 2016 mustang gt only 15k miles

my driver side shots only hot air while the passenger side u can feel the cool air in it !

but i will go to the dealer to fix it while it's under warranty
i hope they fix it without breaking anything else

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
i think my evaporator is out today in my 2016 mustang gt only 15k miles

my driver side shots only hot air while the passenger side u can feel the cool air in it !
If the evaporator failed, you wouldn't get cold air anywhere. Sounds like a problem with the flaps that mix/direct air to various places.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The AC system in this car has had me wanting to trade it for about six months. First, it was surging from the blower motor, which they replaced. It went away. Then, it came back, and they replaced the control module. It went away. Then, it came back, and they told me it was "within spec". Then, the AC compressor failed, and they replaced it (first one wouldn't cycle, second one finally worked). That was last fall, and now, the car doesn't get cold, and it takes forever for it to do whatever it's going to do. I also have a sound coming from the passenger side, like a vent was not connected all the way, and high velocity air is pushing past, so it's almost like a whistling sound. Here in South Carolina, we've already hit 80 degrees, so it's back to the shop again.

Fucking Ford. :(

JR

AQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If the evaporator failed, you wouldn't get cold air anywhere. Sounds like a problem with the flaps that mix/direct air to various places.
i hop so but from what i read here in mustang6g, must of the ones who had evaporator problem its started like me (passenger more cooler than driver side ) and the passenger side start to get hotter with time

Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Mine Went out today, just dropped the car off at Ford, was told immediately that it was the evaporator core. Hope to have it in a few days.

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
these parts are defective i had mine go out a few months ago and the techs told me the moment i got there the parts are defective and that they think the heat is causing the failures kind of sad im expecting to see the ac system fail on my car again i can tell as of now whenever i put the air on the lowest setting the first few min i get some weird smelling air coming out

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have the same smell on initial startup of AC. Still sending somewhat cold air through all vents though.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
This is exactly why I bought the extended warranty on my GT... It seems that I am cursed when it comes to this.. This happened on my 12 (Dealer scratched the crap out of the plastic near the steering wheel taking the dash off). This also happened on my 15 Eboost (Different dealership performed it this time, did a fantastic job) . I'm now just bent over ready for it to happen to my GT.

On my 12 I drove it to work with the AC on in the morning. Turned it on in the afternoon in the 5 billion degrees Florida summer weather, and it was completely dead.

On the 15 Eboost I was driving 4 hours to the beach, and about a hour in it decided to not work.. I stopped for gas and then it decided to turn back on when I started the car again... except it was doing the s550 edition of the issue (passenger side had cool air, driver side warm) and randomly decides to leak amounts of freon through the vents like steam from a geyser into my face.. while In the lovely Florida summer weather once again.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
I picked up my car last night and the ac is now blowing cold air again after the evaporator replacement but I'm noticing a noise when the ac is running that I don't remember hearing before. Anyone else experiencing weird noises after getting the ac fixed?

Edit: no smell of any kind just noise.

Sponsored

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
This has been an issue since day 1 for them and even on 17 models still happening. In areas where you use it more, it tends to freeze up and will not work after this. If you close your driver side vents, you will get cooler air out of the other ones (temp fix) It happens in areas the AC is used more.

I have had it replaced TWICE on my 15 and it's 2 years old.

It's a easy fix for ford. Sucks that it happens but its well documented.

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
My AC stopped blowing cold air a couple of weeks ago. Stopped using it. Turned on to test yesterday and lots of noise from under the hood. Took it in. Dealer says the compressor failed and exploded sending debris into the system.

Repair cost $1700 to $1800. 2015 with 78,000 miles I asked for assistance from Ford. Wait and see.

They said I cannot drive it with the failed compressor due to the pulley being needed for belts.

socalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've had mine replaced under warranty as well. Stated as a compressor failure. Was at around 15k miles.