HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My car was by the dealer today for the A/C problem.

They checked everything and found the leak, it's not the A/C evaporator but the A/C condenser (as they told me).

Do someone had the same issue on his car or have they told me bullshit ?
There are lots of parts that could leak refrigerant. I'm sure every single one has leaked for some owners. Plus no cooling could also be caused by problems with other parts even with no leak.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Usually they would recharged and put dye in it to find out where it is leaking.

cubanito3256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6
Hello, Im new on this forum.. Cheers to you all!!
the evaporator of my pre-owned 2016 mustang failed with 31k miles, got my car with 30k, so I dont know if it have failed before.. anyway, took it to the dealer, they gave me a loaner.. evaporator is backordered, so I dont know when it will be ready

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
the evaporator of my pre-owned 2016 mustang failed with 31k miles, got my car with 30k, so I dont know if it have failed before.. anyway, took it to the dealer, they gave me a loaner.. evaporator is backordered, so I dont know when it will be ready
The dealer can access past warranty work. So ask to find out if this is the first time (and any other interesting things).

Sponsored

G_Money_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PREM PP
What puzzles me is, did they decide to replace the evap core after the refill/recharge right away? Or did you drive around for a couple weeks first after the recharge and then noticed the same issue again? thx

Mine still seems to be working 1 month after the refill... so fingers crossed!

I'm in the same boat. Mine was recharged 5 weeks ago. It's been run hard every day here in South Florida.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I'm in the same boat. Mine was recharged 5 weeks ago. It's been run hard every day here in South Florida.
Tomorrow will be a month on the recharge and it's still blowing cold in this Texas heat. My fingers are tired from keeping them crossed. :cheers:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Likely add me to this list. Same thing happened yesterday warm out the drivers side. appt scheduled for sept 2nd...

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Hopefully your dealership is as cool as mine was (no pun intended). They replaced mine right away with no hesitation.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
They should be. Guess i should prob put the center vent back in first. hehe

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Add another one to the list. Mine failed this past weekend with about 41,000 miles on the odometer. So yeah, just outside of f**king warranty. I remember posting a year or so ago about hearing some strange noises coming from the HVAC system that made me nervous, especially after reading about all of these failures. Sure enough, Saturday morning everything is working fine. Ran to the office to get a bit of work done, then left to head home. I realized that it's really hot in the car and can't figure out why it's taking so long to cool down. Finally, it hits me that it's blowing hot air on both sides and is not getting cold at all! Literally over the course of a couple hours in a parking lot.

What's worse is that the dealership can't even take my car until next Monday. It's 95 degrees out today!

I'm holding out hope that Ford and the dealer will do the right thing. With seemingly hundreds of documented cases of failures, they KNOW they have a problem. I did a Live Chat with Ford Customer Service yesterday and explained what was going on. Obviously they need to wait until they get an actual diagnosis from the dealer but the rep said that I should be eligible for "financial assistance", whatever that means. Not sure if that's because of the known A/C issues or simply because I'm just past my bumper to bumper warranty. Fingers crossed...

EDIT: One more thing I should add. After discovering the issue Saturday, I pretty much just left the A/C off the entire time. Yesterday, when leaving the office, just for the hell of it, I hit the A/C button. The moment I did, I could hear some kind of unpleasant mechanical noise. Kind of like a grinding sound or something along those lines. It lasted for a split second and goes quite. You could also feel it through the car for that second. I'm assuming something with the compressor? I dunno...

cubanito3256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6
Update:
I just picked up the car today, took almost one week because the evaporator was backordered, miami metro ford guys really did a great job, it took one day to install it. the new evap was W series, so, maybe it breaks again, Im planning to buy the extended warranty

Last edited:

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Hmmm, mine was a Y- I wonder what the difference is.

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Well, they only reffiled the gas and couldn't find any leaks.

For now AC is working.
Sponsored