Fore return fuel system install

Ngtmare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Prem GTPP
Is this the yellow/grey wire I tap into to turn pump 1 on?

The wire goes into the connector. When I cut it there will be a side from engine bay and a side to connector. Will the side to connector need to be reconnected? I saw mention of T-ing this wire off. Just want to ensure I connect this properly?
What did you end up doing with this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
isedawishy

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Fixed the pictures by migrating to Flickr and updating all references. Photobucket pretty much hijacked my pictures since I won't pay a ridiculous amount.

Recommend to save this thread to your local machine in case Flickr does the same in the future.

Sponsored

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Fixed the pictures by migrating to Flickr and updating all references. Photobucket pretty much hijacked my pictures since I won't pay a ridiculous amount.

Recommend to save this thread to your local machine in case Flickr does the same in the future.
:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
How did everyone secure the fuel lies? Zip ties to the existing lines? How did you mount the filter/check valve assembly? Hose clamps??

OP
OP
isedawishy

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
FYI - In a recent log the car went lean and found one of my pumps wasn't getting voltage to it. I tinned the pump wires, but it still came loose.

I'm switching to ferrule connectors for the pump wires. Recommend you guys do as well!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
FYI - In a recent log the car went lean and found one of my pumps wasn't getting voltage to it. I tinned the pump wires, but it still came loose.

I'm switching to ferrule connectors for the pump wires. Recommend you guys do as well!
tinning doesn't work well,

fore is actually doing a new process for the guys and bought a nice tool to pre wire the setups

Sponsored

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I installed mine with ferrules. Locked-down!!

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Doesn't do 4 gauge.
AWG: 23~10 (Quadrilateral)
So maybe my kit was different, but mine came with 6 gauge wire for the battery/ground. They set it up as two pieces, one as a short pigtail that came pre-installed with ferrules already hooked up to the controller. The second piece connects to the battery via crimped on terminal rings and doesn't need ferrules. It plugs into the pigtail via a harness style plug-and-play connector.

AFAIK the only wires I have to ferrule are the pump wires which are small (large numerically) gauge.
Sponsored