Sponsored

Ford visor garage door opener issues

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
The newest garage openers are pretty well immune to interference, but the previous gens are not. If you have changed anything around the house recently like adding timers for Christmas lights, that can cause issues. Even Refrigerators in garages on the same circuit as the opener can be problematic.
Sponsored

OP
OP

11GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I tried just about every variation of button press when I was locked out of my house because the garage door wouldn't open. I'm pretty sure the method in which im pressing the button isn't the issue. Doing some more research it could be the logic board is on its way out.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
cant get mine to work with Ford or Toyota but works perfect with all my Hondas, never an issue.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
I tried just about every variation of button press when I was locked out of my house because the garage door wouldn't open. I'm pretty sure the method in which im pressing the button isn't the issue. Doing some more research it could be the logic board is on its way out.
They are like 80$

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
FYI,

If you are reading this post to figure out how to program your remote:

Put your car in Park, running, in front of your garage door (outside). Press and hold both the visor and the visor-clipon opener for maybe 6 seconds or so. To test, press only the visor button. If it doesn't work, try again. It took 2-3 tries to program mine.

Also, if you want to be a dick, press and hold the first and third buttons to reset it back to stock. Your friends and family will hate you.

Okay, now for my experience.... My clicker works from behind my house so I can open the door while I'm on the street directly behind my house and I can pull up with the door open. My VISOR button is hit or miss from 20' away. Often times I have to hit it multiple times to open my garage door--even parked in front of it. It is still nice to have.

Sponsored

OP
OP

11GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Went out and bought a new Craftsman 3/4 hp unit and installed it today. Mustang opens and closes it just fine.

BootyNugget

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I had the exact same problem as you all are describing. It was definitely caused by LED bulbs in the garage opener. If you've replaced your bulbs in your opener with LED bulbs, try removing them and then try your visor opener again... Chances are it will work!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I had the exact same problem as you all are describing. It was definitely caused by LED bulbs in the garage opener. If you've replaced your bulbs in your opener with LED bulbs, try removing them and then try your visor opener again... Chances are it will work!
Why would LED bulbs cause a conflict?

Thx

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
My driveway is like 100ft and my in car opener works from in the street when pulling into the driveway. I have a 1/2 hp craftsman opener and programmed it while sitting inside the garage like 5 feet from the opener.

Sponsored

mjribeiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Sierra HD, 15 Acadia, 21 Aviator, 10 Explorer
I can't get mine to work. I have two garages with five openers. Two new GM cars program fine. I can't get the mustang to work.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I followed the instructions in the owners manual. I have a 15 year old craftsman. Worked the first time and no issues since. It also works from the street too

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Same problem - will try wiping the codes and going from there.

I had to for the first time this morning get out of my car, walk inside and hit the hard button to engage the door to drop. Then do the akward jump the invisible laser and get to my car.

Its been progressively getting worse until now. I even tried using our remotes and they too wouldn't even budge the door.

There seems to be alot of mention of LEDs - I recently installed switchbacks on the car. Can't really say if its gotten worse or better since but would that cause an issue too?

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I can't get mine to work. I have two garages with five openers. Two new GM cars program fine. I can't get the mustang to work.
Same problem - will try wiping the codes and going from there.

I had to for the first time this morning get out of my car, walk inside and hit the hard button to engage the door to drop. Then do the akward jump the invisible laser and get to my car.

Its been progressively getting worse until now. I even tried using our remotes and they too wouldn't even budge the door.

There seems to be alot of mention of LEDs - I recently installed switchbacks on the car. Can't really say if its gotten worse or better since but would that cause an issue too?
You guys should contact HomeLink online at www.homelink.com or by calling their toll-free help line at 1-800-355-3515.

Deysha

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I work with landscape lighting. We do lots of work with LED. Led is the main reason way the garage door will not open. Some of the garage door company's have a different case for the light area of the garage door opener. So if you have LEDs in your garage door opener then that's one problem. Now if you have landscape lighting and its LED lighting then this could be the problem. I know someone had said they have switch back LEDs on the car this to can be the problem. My company has work around this and we now have LEDs that will work and not interfere with the garage door opener signal. If the LED is your problem call your garage door company they do have something to help solve this problem.
Sponsored