Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP

Jakebiscamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
No sir. I was there a couple months ago. They checked it out. Said it was normal. I've since tuned the car and other things. It's don't it since I've had about 1500 miles on here. She now has 5500

Jakebiscamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just watched his video. Sounds completely different than mine I think

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Just watched his video. Sounds completely different than mine I think
I think yours sound pretty normal. Here is a cold start-up and a full temp recording of my GT, which in person sounds pretty quiet. These recordings seem to pick up sounds you don't hear when listening to the engine in person.

These engines do make some noise, but if there is a loud ticking more than what's in these videos then I'd say it's not normal.

Cold Start-Up
[ame]

Full Temperature (radiator fans are running at 1:20 and beyond, which adds noise)
My engine seems almost quieter when at full operating temperature. Could be more fuel injector noise on the cold start-up. [ame]

Jakebiscamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I think yours sound pretty normal. Here is a cold start-up and a full temp recording of my GT, which in person sounds pretty quiet. These recordings seem to pick up sounds you don't hear when listening to the engine in person.

These engines do make some noise, but if there is a loud ticking more than what's in these videos then I'd say it's not normal.

Cold Start-Up

Full Temperature (radiator fans are running at 1:20 and beyond, which adds noise)
My engine seems almost quieter when at full operating temperature. Could be more fuel injector noise on the cold start-up.

I do have a little bit more tick than that but I think it's just a noisy lifter. I'm going to 5w30 next weekend. I'm gonna see if that makes a difference

Sponsored

OP
OP
astolt12

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
I do have a little bit more tick than that but I think it's just a noisy lifter. I'm going to 5w30 next weekend. I'm gonna see if that makes a difference
The important thing if anything is that you had it documented before you did your modifications. If anything bad comes of this you have that in your pocket. Ford will still fight you though.

I don't think it sounds necessarily good, but I don't think it really sounds normal. Try the 5w30 and see if it quiets her down. It'll just take a little warmer to thin out in the winter.

With mine right after an oil change the sound was obnoxious. Even on the new engine I will never use motocraft full synthetic unfortunately. She's got syn blend in her now and will until shes out of warranty. Theres a lot of debate on viscosity and what that does due to the lack of metals in their oil but at the end of the day if they designed the car to run on that oil it should run on that oil.

Jakebiscamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I agree. But sometimes there is better options out there! Not bashing motor craft oil. But I'm gonna try out he amsoil 5w30 signature series.

OP
OP
astolt12

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
I agree. But sometimes there is better options out there! Not bashing motor craft oil. But I'm gonna try out he amsoil 5w30 signature series.
keep us posted - hopefully it quiets her down!

Jakebiscamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
so i changed the oil this weekend to AMSOIL signature series 5w-30 in my car. Before there was a constant tick. After the oil change i took it out for a drive, did some spirited driving as well. I get back home, tick has quieted down. ALOT. Almost to where it wasnt even there. Time will tell if the tick comes back as i only drive my mustang once or twice a week. But for now, ill say that the new oil helped it out. Must have just been a noisy lifter. Hope this helps

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
so i changed the oil this weekend to AMSOIL signature series 5w-30 in my car. Before there was a constant tick. After the oil change i took it out for a drive, did some spirited driving as well. I get back home, tick has quieted down. ALOT. Almost to where it wasnt even there. Time will tell if the tick comes back as i only drive my mustang once or twice a week. But for now, ill say that the new oil helped it out. Must have just been a noisy lifter. Hope this helps
AMSOIL ftw.

Sponsored
OP
OP
astolt12

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Outstanding news bud! Hopefully you'll be remedied. I never tried running heavier oil in mine as I was hell bent on ford fixing this issue mechanically.

Just make sure to not goose her with the heavier oil till she warms up!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
5W-20 and 5W-30 are about the same thickness (viscosity) at room temperature, but 5W-30 is a little thicker when fully hot (200 deg F) compared to 5W-20.

Jakebiscamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Outstanding news bud! Hopefully you'll be remedied. I never tried running heavier oil in mine as I was hell bent on ford fixing this issue mechanically.

Never sir. I always wait for my oil to get to temp before even driving lol

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Well I have the tick now. Just changed to Amsoil Signature Series and the Amsoil filter. Car had 17k miles on it at time of oil change. Odd to me why it's just now popping up considering the stories I have read. I ran Pennzoil Platinum prior with a MC oil filter. I will monitor it and update if anything changes. I know Amsoil is a better oil than PP. no change in performance. I did have my throttle body just fail 3 weeks ago and it was replaced. But car backfired and RPMs jumped like crazy when it failed.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Well the Typewriter tick thing has gone away after about 500 miles since the oil change.
Sponsored